Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Air Jamaica A310 on a short loop over MKJS airport...

I have been always fond of the colorful Air Jamaica livery and found this A310 repaint lurking in my hangar. So, I felt like lifting it up today, one more time, for its own old times' sake, into the blue skies, above the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, that it was once so familiar with. I've lifted off Rwy 25 of MKJS (Sangster International Airport; one time Hub of Air Jamaica) and have taken a short loop over the city of Montego Bay, skirting the northern coastlines of Jamaica island. I've finally landed back on Rwy 07.

Jamaica's culture was historically heavily influenced by Spanish colonization, and you will notice the print "Spirit of Spanish Town" on both LHS and RHS chins of this aircraft.

[The shown Reg. (6Y-JAB) A310-324 had actually started its life with Delta Air Lines, served with Air Jamaica for 5 years, and ended its life with PIA Pakistan International.]

Thanks for viewing...! Hope you enjoy...!

J2Zmmz.png

FnQU6M.png

9CQ1OY.png

q5uD2a.png

BuxX3y.png

7IrpUS.png

OGBJH3.png

Zfjrf2.png

bJRWfG.png

dYOHWs.png

P8CO2I.png

kanJuw.png

rNgSj1.png

B7laHs.png

shGAaE.png

1XLefo.png

ibSFQr.png

3NntGt.png

2EyEYl.png

6dYER1.png

• Like 6

Now that's a livery! Great shots!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice pictures. Jamaica has a few towns that have Spanish names, but that's about the full extent of Spanish influence. Jamaica was a British colony for 400 years before independence. My wife is Jamaican, and we travel to Jamaica every year to visit family (never in resorts) and I've never seen any Spanish influence at all.

Edited by YukonPete
  • Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Nice sunny livery enhanced by a little weathering. Love those two top-down final approach shots.

• Like 1

Great shots, and I'm with John F re those two shots - gorgeous!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Great shots! Thanks for sharing these good memories! 😉 

• Like 2

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Some nice shots of the aircraft P_7878, like that paint too.

• Like 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

Friends:

Many thanks for the comments and responses...I guess it's easy to like this fun livery from a sunny place...🙂...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very nice set of shots - again !

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Great livery and very nice screenies, P_7878.

• Like 3

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks much, pmplayer and bernd, for the additional comments...Cheers...!

• Like 1