Sign in to follow this  
ha5mvo

fsltl + aig models

I know this matter had been previously discussed but I'm still not sure I have all the details correct.

I like the idea of real time data injection over canned timetables so I prefer FSLTL as the injecting software. I am also aware that in terms of models/variants FSLTL is more limited in comparison to AIG.

If I understand correctly, FSLTL can fall back on AIG models when its missing one of its own. Question is, however, how much extra traffic will downloading AIG models bring to FSLTL. Would love to get impressions from anyone who may be using such a combo

I'm not using FSLTL, but AIG will basically bring you every single airline in the world, so no more white liveries or missing models. Traffic will be the same as with FSLTL, because it's, well, live traffic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm not using FSLTL, but AIG will basically bring you every single airline in the world, so no more white liveries or missing models. Traffic will be the same as with FSLTL, because it's, well, live traffic.

Are you saying that AIG use live data and not flightplans? 

3 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Are you saying that AIG use live data and not flightplans? 

No, AIG injected traffic uses flightplans. But if you are injecting via FSLTL, all AIG will do is provide the appropriate liveries/models if FSLTL lacks them. So the flight data will come from FSLTL, the livery/model from AIG.

what I do is use the FSLTL injector, and have only AIG models ( all of them installed ) FSLTL will fallback on AIG. Just don't install the FSLTL models.

• Like 2

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

34 minutes ago, pilotter said:

what I do is use the FSLTL injector, and have only AIG models ( all of them installed ) FSLTL will fallback on AIG. Just don't install the FSLTL models.

Is the fallback to AIG models something let's say that's done "automatically" by FSLTL, or you just have to previously configure the fallback option properly in the FSLTL configuration file?.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I like  the FSLTL models, they look good, they sound great, all the effects you would ever need for an AI aircraft, and I have yet to see a generic model, and I fly all over MSFS. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

58 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Is the fallback to AIG models something let's say that's done "automatically" by FSLTL, or you just have to previously configure the fallback option properly in the FSLTL configuration file?.

Im curious on this as well…

This thread reminds me how much this "hoopla" came and went with live traffic injectors with real liveries.  In the end the hype for both over shadowed reality.  It was a good step forward but ultimately what both were projecting was a movie poster and the plot lost somewhere midway through. They never performed or did as advertised and the sheer amount of space and resources to accommodate them just wasn't worth the "payoff". It reminds me a bit of Ortho in X-Plane. Sure you had a NAS server worth of satellite images but Is it really helping you simulate flying? 

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

It’s automatic 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It’s automatic 

Thanks so much.

Maybe you could help me to understand a bit more how to configure the FSLTL additional settings.

The corresponding section of my FSLTL config file is as follows:

"nofallback": "Yes",

"nogenerics": "Yes",

"fstraffic": "",

"modeloveride": "",

Are these settings correct if I would only want to use the AIG models with the FSLTL injector?. I don't have FS Traffic from Just Flight, but only the FSLTL models that will not be in the community folder, and the AIG models that will only be the ones installed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Speaking of AIG model's.
Is there anyway to increase the LOD distance for the AI planes?
My issue is if I am not within 50 feet of the AI plane the Landing gear does not render.
Changing OLOD in MSFS settings does not have any effect on this either.

• Like 1

--Sean Hart

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Thanks so much.

Maybe you could help me to understand a bit more how to configure the FSLTL additional settings.

The corresponding section of my FSLTL config file is as follows:

"nofallback": "Yes",

"nogenerics": "Yes",

"fstraffic": "",

"modeloveride": "",

Are these settings correct if I would only want to use the AIG models with the FSLTL injector?. I don't have FS Traffic from Just Flight, but only the FSLTL models that will not be in the community folder, and the AIG models that will only be the ones installed.

Thanks in advance.

Uh I have no idea. I never modified FSLTL's settings via the config file only via the window. but here are my settings as they appear in the CMD window. 

I6u7M7j.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

No, AIG injected traffic uses flightplans. But if you are injecting via FSLTL, all AIG will do is provide the appropriate liveries/models if FSLTL lacks them. So the flight data will come from FSLTL, the livery/model from AIG.

Right, that's my understanding as well. So, my original question was:

How much additional traffic, if any, will it bring given that fsltl is more restricted especially outside Europe and N America? (again, we're talking fsltl injector/AIG models combo)

Edited by ha5mvo

If you let FSLTL use the white replacement models for where it has no own texture/model, you can check what it might look like with AIG fallback. You wont get more than that, FSLTL does not suddenly add planes just because AIG is available.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS