4 hours ago, regis9 said:

For me the $30 pack will last me an about a year and a half to two years… money well spent.

Wow... I usually read people will be able to do 10 to 20 flights with the 10 dollar pack. So I guess that would 30 to 60 with the 30 dollar pack. Are you sure you did the math right? Or do you simply don't fly that often? Anyway, for me the basic voice will do. I often find the premium voices too agitated and too dramatic. They get on my nerves. And I simply don't like the idea to spend money on it. I also am a button user and use auto respond so I would also have to pay to hear 'myself' speak.

16 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Wow... I usually read people will be able to do 10 to 20 flights with the 10 dollar pack. So I guess that would 30 to 60 with the 30 dollar pack. Are you sure you did the math right? Or do you simply don't fly that often? Anyway, for me the basic voice will do. I often find the premium voices too agitated and too dramatic. They get on my nerves. And I simply don't like the idea to spend money on it. I also am a button user and use auto respond so I would also have to pay to hear 'myself' speak.

1) I can easily get 30 flights out of the 10 dollar pack by turning off premium voices during longer cruise sections when I‘m away from the computer. This will change of course later when ATC also communicates with AI traffic, then it will likely be down to 10 to 20.

2) You don‘t pay for what your copilot says, it‘s free. Only ATC controllers‘ voice costs.

3) Right now the price is good and well worth it, however I‘m a bit concerned I‘ll be paying 20 dollars a month later on when ATC communicates with AI traffic too on the premium voice (and that is with AI traffic itself talking in „basic“). I fly almost every day. I might switch over to basic voice entirely then, only activating premium when I‘m flying in accent-heavy areas (e.g. Germany)

Posted (edited)

Right now, BeyondATC is unusable for me. Initially the responses are speedy, but over time they become more and more delayed. So I'm having to end the program in mid-flight. Maybe the latest version (Fixed a couple bugs with the program getting stuck on "Submitting Response" or "Generating Speech.") will remedy that; I'll try later today.

But meanwhile, I had an almost perfect IFR flight yesterday with Say Intentions from EGLL to EGPD, including flawless vectors to the ILS amounting to a 180 degree turn. My only quibbles, apart from the slow but consistent response time, were being told to contact Scottish Control whilst still well inside England, and climb instructions that were a bit too small and frequent.

And the latest GPT-4o announcement pointing towards faster responses and lower costs is very encouraging for Say Intentions.

Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus

So... I spontaneously decided to use BATC for an approach into Kathmandu (only visual, VOR and RNAV available). And started BATC mid-flight. I was able to select cruise phase, and got some initial vectoring and an altitude. Then nothing. Not sure what happened, but the Indian accents were quite nice. Eventually I just quit BATC and chose a VOR approach. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

56 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

Right now, BeyondATC is unusable for me. Initially the responses are speedy, but over time they become more and more delayed. So I'm having to end the program in mid-flight. Maybe the latest version (Fixed a couple bugs with the program getting stuck on "Submitting Response" or "Generating Speech.") will remedy that; I'll try later today.

Is it with Premium voices? If yes, try Basics as it could solve your problem.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

2 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Is it with Premium voices? If yes, try Basics as it could solve your problem.

No, it was with Basic voices. Strangely, the initial responses were rapid-fire, but by mid-flight they stretched into minutes.

Petraeus

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

2) You don‘t pay for what your copilot says, it‘s free. Only ATC controllers‘ voice costs.

Not sure about that... When I pick Premium the co-pilot voice clearly changes. So the co-pilot voice is tied to the controller voice setting. The YouTuber-voices also all are premium and are all co-pilot voices.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tup61 said:

@Fiorentoni basically answered for me.  I’m seeing 5k-6k characters per flight by changing to basic in cruise when I’m not there.  A shorter EGNX-EGAA flight last night where I stayed the whole time was around 7k I think.  So in the neighbourhood of 100-150 flights with the $30 pack.  I probably average 2 airliner flight per week, sometimes more sometimes less.

I wouldn’t be using this for VFR GA yet. 

This could all change of course when it starts talking to traffic, I’ll re-evaluate then.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Not sure about that... When I pick Premium the co-pilot voice clearly changes. So the co-pilot voice is tied to the controller voice setting. The YouTuber-voices also all are premium and are all co-pilot voices.

https://www.beyondatc.net/pricing

Wait, Push to Talk is now Free?

Yes, push to talk incurs no cost of any kind. It does not matter which voice model you choose, push to talk remains free.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

https://www.beyondatc.net/pricing

Wait, Push to Talk is now Free?

Yes, push to talk incurs no cost of any kind. It does not matter which voice model you choose, push to talk remains free.

Aaaaah, okay, yes, but that's something completely different. 😉 PTT is your own real voice: the previous pricing model had you paying for 'translating/converting' your own real voice to something BATC could understand. This has changed (luckily for everyone!): you can now use PTT (so your own voice) for free. But the co-pilot voice (or 'your' virtual voice) isn't free when you use Premium voices for the Controller (and 'you'). Yeah, they did a hell of a job making everything complicated LOL

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Aaaaah, okay, yes, but that's something completely different. 😉 PTT is your own real voice: the previous pricing model had you paying for 'translating/converting' your own real voice to something BATC could understand. This has changed (luckily for everyone!): you can now use PTT (so your own voice) for free. But the co-pilot voice (or 'your' virtual voice) isn't free when you use Premium voices for the Controller (and 'you'). Yeah, they did a hell of a job making everything complicated LOL

Ah really? That's indeed confusing. Do the co-pilot voices actually change whether you click basic or premium on the controllers? I think not. So this can't be the end of the story.

26 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Ah really? That's indeed confusing. Do the co-pilot voices actually change whether you click basic or premium on the controllers? I think not. So this can't be the end of the story.

They do change. I actually prefer the basic co-pilot voice over the premium (UK Male). The Premium one just sounds annoyed and like he can't be bothered...

• Like 1

I got a bit excited there for a bit. Premium voices - for free! Turns out it’s only free to use my own voice then?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

4 hours ago, Petraeus said:

No, it was with Basic voices. Strangely, the initial responses were rapid-fire, but by mid-flight they stretched into minutes.

Did you try the "low performance impact" (I don't remember the exact name) option?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

59 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

They do change. I actually prefer the basic co-pilot voice over the premium (UK Male). The Premium one just sounds annoyed and like he can't be bothered...

But what if you use the Streamer-voices, like Jeff Favignano or whatever? Do they have a basic version too...