Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Skyward Simulations DA-50RG released!

This one’s got my attention but will wait on reviews to see what the word is on the fm.

Does anyone know if they modelled the engine page on the NXi? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Posted (edited)

Another G1000 aircraft which can't not be good due to the given avionics!

Btw. are diamond aircraft created with the ultimate goal to be ugly? 🙂

Edited by fsiscool

7 minutes ago, fsiscool said:

Another G1000 aircraft which can't not be good due to the given avionics!

Btw. are diamond aircraft created with the ultimate goal to be ugly? 🙂

I actually find this a good looking design and the other diamond aircraft good looking too.. each to their own I guess. 

• Like 3

From the outside maybe. The view from the inside is severely hampered by the pillar. A very odd design choice.  

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Too soon to tell. Does anybody know Skywards Simulations, or is this their first product?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Posted (edited)

There have been a few vids posted on YouTube for this aircraft. The first one I watched was a "first look" from Jonathan Beckett:

The aircraft looked reasonably good (with a few warts in the modelling) and I think I'll take a punt and buy this one. At least I'll be able to compare it to the XP12 version of this same aircraft by Aerobask.

There are also some videos posted by Q8Pilot and A330Driver which I haven't had a chance to watch yet:

and

Edited by Malaromane
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello Gang!

I just purchased it and took it for a quick spin around KTKI, where the weather this morning is windy and overcast.  The aircraft looks really good - well made.  The cockpit is identical to the DA-62 except that it sports one engine instead of two; so, if you are familiar with the DA-62, you will know exactly what to do with this one.  Never flown a DA-50 in real life, but the aircraft handling feels right.  She flies good.  I need to do more testing but so far, so good.

Edited by DMullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

2 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Hello Gang!

I just purchased it and took it for a quick spin around KTKI, where the weather this morning is windy and overcast.  The aircraft looks really good - well made.  The cockpit is identical to the DA-42 except that it sports one engine instead of two; so, if you are familiar with the DA-42, you will know exactly what to do with this one.  Never flown a DA-50 in real life, but the aircraft handling feels right.  She flies good.  I need to do more testing but so far, so good.

Thanks for posting your initial impressions. Very much appreciated. Just to pick one small nit, the DA-50RG cockpit is identical to the DA-62 cockpit not the DA-42. But I agree that if you are familiar with the DA-62, you'll have no trouble the DA-50. Just one less engine to start. I, too, have purchased the aircraft and am looking forward to taking the DA-50 out for some circuits after work today.

Am I the only one seeing (very) low-resolution textures?

Very loud fuel pump? Engine sounds good though ... on medium-length flight and exploring what there is to explore. 

42 minutes ago, Malaromane said:

Thanks for posting your initial impressions. Very much appreciated. Just to pick one small nit, the DA-50RG cockpit is identical to the DA-62 cockpit not the DA-42. But I agree that if you are familiar with the DA-62, you'll have no trouble the DA-50. Just one less engine to start. I, too, have purchased the aircraft and am looking forward to taking the DA-50 out for some circuits after work today.

OOpps - indeed - I meant to say DA-62.  Thanks for clarifying.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Had a chance to just quickly jump into the cockpit and take a look around over my lunch break. It is nice to have my beloved DA-50RG in MSFS now but my first disappointment was to discover that Skyward didn't model the GCU479 keypad unit that folds out of the centre armrest. It would be excellent if they they could add it in a future update but I'm not expecting them to.

I can't get over that A-pillar. Maybe it's ok IRL, but in the sim it restricts the view too much. I've always disliked the DA-62 for the same reason.