Sign in to follow this  
awf

GEX or WWW?

Hi,has anybody tried the new replacement textures "What a Wonderful World", for mountains and rocky areas from Aim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Nils,I think that no one can really compare them yet as there is no exe file included in Aim

David,thanks for the explanation. With 7zip, it was possible for me, to unzip the first archive (*.001), which contains the installer.As you wrote, WWW improves the whole world and is a really good basis. A big thank to Aim

Yes, stunning work.It's "WWWooooooooow"!!!And they perfectly fit with GEX and UTX.A warm thanks to Aim

To be honest, I've never felt comfortable with the GEX Grand Canyon. It just looks like a big truck came along and dumped sand over the whole thing. In those shots the WWW version looks way better IMHO.

I just tried to download from above post and it says no longer available in the library.Ron

Thanks,I found them but when I tried to download it said I was timed out.Am going to try now.Ron

These textures are incredible! What am I missing? How does one install these files?

I just ran part 1 exe and it installed into flight simulator x.Should I have installed to sceneryworldtexture?I don't see the files anywhere in the main fsx directory but it didn't ask about overwriting files either.Thanks,Ron

Ignore post.I have it working.Great textures!Can't wait to get my new unit next week so I can really enjoy them.Ron

>These textures are incredible! What am I missing? How does>one install these files?>>NEVER MIND! For some reason, the first time I downloaded the files the exe files were missing.

@ fsxmissionguy:It seems to me, that those "sandy" layers on the slopes over the rocky walls are more in place than Aim

Just check-flown in some other areas. As I was supposing, there are now huge areas of quite flat land on the mountain foothills (for inctance at the upper end of the Columbia River Gorge) covered with bare rock (that has too dark shadows btw.) - surely not what we want.Good to have backups!Cheers

A new optional Update is available:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=114547"File Description:Why optional? This update is for people who find that the Grand Canyon and Rockies are too reddish and dark. You must have parts 1, 2 and update 1. it require other files www_pack1_part1_228501.zip, www_pack1_part2_228502.zip, www_update_01.zip "I like it! Thank you Aim

Has anybody got some screenshots of the recently released www updates?Thanks :)

Cool, thanks!Those textures look very good, I will give them a try!

But make a backup copy of your worldtextures folder, only to be on the safe side in case you don't like them in every region.

Those are beautiful shots and although the effort to make such a great improvement is appreciated, the basic mixed-up flaw that Iceland is actually shown as being green, while Greenland is shown as being covered with Ice, makes using FSX a show-stopper for me. This issue first showed itself when the MSFS series stepped outside the boundaries of Chicago, San Francisco, New York and Seattle and incorporated worldwide scenery, yet still has not been corrected in lo these many years. Maybe in FS11 this point of confusion can finally be addressed by the ACES team.;)