Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Only two words: Piper Cheyenne !!!!!

Anyone know how to get the GPU to display? I can see the tow bar and wheel chocks but not the GPU.Rob

>It's getting to the point to throw FSX in the trash can and go>back to FS9. There are just way to many problems with FSX. SP1>was a great patch, but SP2 sucks and so does Acceleration.I wouldn't...I'm actually at the point of totally using FS9 for the moment, with a few brief minutes of FSX, here and there.Yet, once out of the detailed addon scenery areas for FS9, I quickly realize just how primitive FS9 can look in comparison to FSX. And this includes everything from scenery resolution to bump mapping. The FSX weather looks better too!My FSX got contaminated, which causes fps to suddenly drop to half, plus weird artifacts that appear along the ground surfaces. In the last couple of months, I just haven't yet got around to a fresh re-install. But.........I miss it! Best advice I can give, is never totally leave FS9, at least for now. There are some interesting airplanes such as the new D/F Dakota; which is FS9 only, 'till the FSX version is released.L.Adamson

Excellent aircraft indeed. I just can't dim the instrument lights (only on or off) and they are VERY bright. Anyone ?ThanksHeiko

Guest Shalomar

MAAM-Sim posted an SP-2 fix for the DC-3 in their forum that works fine. Installing VCrainfix from FS2004 files here on Avsim should do the trick for most of the rest, just unzip to your main textures folder.Hope this helps... DT :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

FSX is definitely the best for GA for all of the reasons that you stated.However, for anything more complex, like jetliners and and more traffic, there's only FS9 at the moment, because FSX is just unflyable (for me) with anything more CPU-demanding.Pat

how is this thing on the frames? I can fly single engine GA planes pretty well on my system as long as I stay out of the major cities - just wondering about this, would like to get it but hesitantciao!Brian S

Ciao!

>FSX is definitely the best for GA for all of the reasons that>you stated.>>However, for anything more complex, like jetliners and and>more traffic, there's only FS9 at the moment, because FSX is>just unflyable (for me) with anything more CPU-demanding.>yep!

It is 'wonderful' on frame rates for such a detailed model....unfortunately there seems to be a myriad of other small problems right now for many (see support forum) that hopefully can get worked out, because right now, it is basically 'unflyable' for me.

Click on the switch above the Voltmeter (middle of the upper panel).

Hi,Does the FSX version have Cheyenne IA F-GHJR texture?So far I'm quite happy with the FS9 version installed on FSX in Vista, the airplane texture is excellent inside and outside. Is there a big improvement? I'm not worry about the price but still undecided to install the SP2 .Best regardsJimmy

Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.7GHz), 2TB Patriot ViperVP4100 NVMe M.2 SSD , 3TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD, 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Quad ChMemory, EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Custom Water Block), Samsung QLED 32”, Windows 98😀

I'm getting about 33+ average in outside spot, and min 25 in VC (with weather radar on)I have most of my sliders far right (bloom off), and my LOD radius at 5.5. This is with active sky, UT, FSG Mesh and Flight Enviroment, & JFTraffic @ 60%.As comparison, I'd suggest better than I get with the default 737 for sure.Regards'Garetthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182407.jpg

Hi Larry,I too had a contaminated FSX install giving me a whole lot of grief. A few days ago I took out 2 whole days out of my schedule to follow David Roch's excellent SP2 guide and did a reinstall. Defragging the 2 x 320GB HD's took the longest as Vista wanted to do them both each time.The upshot is that I finally got SP2 on, working and was able to buy the DA Cheyenne. It's a magnificent example of just how well the best of our hobby can deliver.There are a couple of quirks with the Trimble, but there are work arounds that avoid, not eliminate the CDT's.I would urge you to give it a go.Cheers and all the best,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32