Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FS Genesis Mesh - Framerates

Hi all, I'm considering the FS Genesis Mesh package, I'm wondering what people's experience has been with it in regards to framerates? I would expect that there will be some degredation of framerates since it's a higher resolution mesh, but how much? I typically get 15fps at medium airports, 12-15fps at large airports and I have it locked at 22fps most of the time outside of airports.I have my mesh resolution settings at 76m right now, as that is the default resolution in Canada, where I do most of my flying. FSGensis will apparently increase the resolution to 19m in Canada...any other comments/screenshots on the product would be great too...ThanksDave

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

FS Genesis mesh is a great product. IMHO its the best mesh available. Although, there are some anomolies with airports due to the nature in which they were made for FSX (flat). Version 2 of the FS Genesis mesh is supposed to help cure these anomolies.It's really hard to gauge what type of frame rate hit your going to have on your specific system and in the specfic area in which you are flying. Quite simply, the more detailed the mesh (such as in a mountainous area) the more taxing it will be on your system.There are many configuration settings within FSX that will have a profound affect on FSX performance. I would highly recommend the product to you and in the same breath highly recommend that you reoptimize your FSX configuration to best take advantage of the higher resolution mesh (which might mean in your case 38M vice 19M).

Mesh should not impact performance to any *great* degree. Set your resolution slider to 10M.

I have the FSG world mesh sets, and I didn't experience any noticeable frame decrease. The "airports on a shelf" phenomenon needs to be fixed though...

Yea, but that has been an issues for quite some time (pre-FSX). Supposedly, Justin is working on some type of improvement for this in the next updated release of his mesh files...stay tuned...

I don't think the mesh itself has a significant frame rate impact. What's more important is your slider settings. There are two main sliders to play with: mesh complexity and mesh resolution. Try setting your mesh resolution first, say to 38 or 19 and see how it impacts your frames. If you see a reduction, try backing off on the complexity slider a bit. I find it hard to see any visual difference with a setting of 90 or so, but that may restore any frames loss you encounter.scott s..

Thanks everyone!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU