Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainT18

Antivirus recommendations

Guest abulaafia

I take that back. Found that AVG causes stutters when autogen is enabled. Back to square one, I still haven't found an antivirus that REALLY doesn't effect gaming.

Hi Nick,Oh, ho, I can't let you get away with it that easily...much as I respect and applaud the undoubted depth of knowledge you possess and efforts made to share freely with our community.http://www.grisoft.com/doc/76/ww/crp/0http://www.pcproawards.com/news/hot-topics/news/143886/It's difficult for others to dispute those figures provided in your link, but the occasional cynic in me suspects that ESET are just ticked off by the relative success of the competition. Why do they feel the need to blow their trumpet so loudly when clearly they too have a good product which will stand or fall on its own merits.I too have used AVG FREE EDITION for years, in fact ever since it was recommended by a certain MG. To be fair, he did also recommended NOD32.I went the AVG FREE route and have never regretted it. After all, if I had experienced any issues, I would have an alternative, wouldn't I?AVG FREE suits my requirements well just as others will have their own personal preferred antiviral solution.Regards,Mike :)

Anyone using Bitdefender Internet Security 2008? I am trialling it on two of my machines and seems to be working well and has some very good reports. It seems to have a small memory footprint and doesn't affect FSX. The 3 user licence is very reasonable at

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

just turn off realtime scanning of the FSX installation directory.Of course you will want to scan it regularly during system scans.

Kaspersky Internet Security here also. I tried them all and i think this is the best. Just remember to turn off file anti-virus when you go flying and turn it on again after you fly.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

BitDefender is a very effective AV. However, the overhead and system slowdown when accessing files or starting a program is very high.Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)