Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

If you are NOT playing around with DX10 Preview...GET RID OF...

Guest jshyluk

It's my understanding that SP2 also provides more flight model content for helicopters, so if you're a rotorhead, SP2 should help.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSemior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

>There is also an Acceleration update for UTX in the their>forums because the terrain cfg is overwritten causing problems>with water features among other things.>The Acceleration "patch" only deals with a couple of scenery objects that needed to be moved to better fit with FSXA.SP1 and SP2 will both install a clean version of the Terrain.Cfg file, overwriting any modifications made by UT/X, Van+, Vic+, MegaScenery, etc. At least in the case of UT/X, rerunning the Setup utility will restore it's necessary entries into the Terrain.Cfg file.The best course of action is to install the sim up to the point of use, THEN start installing addons.

Dale, Do you mean when you go into the menu in full screen?

Jim Wenham

Guest miko3d

"...and for God sakes man STOP LOOKING AT THE @#$ FPS COUNTER. I almost wish they never have put it in the sim. SP2 does not need high FPS for it to be enjoyable."Sorry, but one day you will see FSX at proper frame rate and you will learn how WRONG you are, specially if you went back to your " enjoyable" frame rate.....Fsx its a GREAT sim, very enjoyable, but it would be so much more Enjoyable at 30 or 60 fps... end of story.

I would imagine he's talking about you!-------------------------------------------------------Oh well, if he thinks I live under a bridge...perhaps its one from his own..UTX, lol! Anyway, I don't label people, and have broad shoulders. I either agree or disagree with them on what they write. :) But labels are best left on clothes...Cheers!Mitch

>Mitch-suggest you nose around Phil Taylor's blog. Yes sp2>breaks a few things-but at least all the stuff I use have>already issues patches for it.>>From Phil's blog this is what it changes/fixes:>Here is a list of what is in SP2 from a

>Well ... all I have to say is that it looks like someone's>behind on their reading. Everything you have complained about>has already been addressed or talked about more than even you>could imagine. I too was torn when SP2 came out almost 2 1/2>MONTHS ago but eventually decided to stay the course and work>things out. For me SP2 makes the sim run much smoother, and>for God sakes man STOP LOOKING AT THE @#$ FPS COUNTER. I>almost wish they never have put it in the sim. SP2 does not>need high FPS for it to be enjoyable. I think you should first>do some reading and a little less writing and then go back to>SP2. If you dont you will get lost in the clouds. (Maybe not>though if your only at 3500 ft):-violin ------------------------------------This post was great! LOLOLOLOL! ! LOLOLOLOLOK, I'll pick up your challenge...and do more reading, and a little less FSX flying for now..LOLLOLOLOL!Mitch

Thanks Nick. OK, but for now, I really like what I see using only SP1 and have no ill effects for it.Thanks for the post,Mitch

>Dale, Do you mean when you go into the menu in full screen?Yes. My most recent attempt resulted in complete lockups when I would select alt options and any option. This was in full screen mode. I have not tried it in window mode. It would seem very awkward to switch from full screen mode to window mode just to see an instant replay.I have tried NVIDIA drivers 63.75 and 69.21 with the same results. (I go through the complete procedure of erasing the old driver)Dale

Dale

You know..I'm always one ready for to take up a challenge. I'll do a complete fresh install of FSX, then run SP1, SP2, and add in my addons.I will report back to see if there was a change in performance (visual) and if any anomalies became/were present after the install sequence. If it works---I'll be quick to post about it.Thanks to all that commented upon this thread. Yeah, or nay.I'll do this when I have an hour or three.Mitch

Try this and see if it works. I had the same problems you are having. Use nHancer to set your video card settings. Nick has a post out there on how to do it. The only thing I wasnt doing before was setting the global the same as my profile settings. After I changed that I then could access the menue in full screen mode without it crashing. If that dosent fix it and you are using XPsp2 try the windows tune up. One of the two fixed my problem with the menu. I still loose my AA if I switch from full to window and have to restart FSX to get it back.

Jim Wenham

What the heck..I'm doing it now. I just deleted my FSX installation via Disk 1 of FSX Pro.That's where I am now..and will report back after a full install, and after adding all my stuff.I will HONESTLY report any improvements (I eat crow **willingly**, if proved wrong!) OR..I will also honestly report no improvements, or side-effects if any as they were there, pre-clean-install.Who knows how long this is gonna take...sheesh...Later,Mitch

SP2 raked the leaves in my yard last fall; changed my oil; and cleans out the cat's litter box. See, SP2 is far from useless.;-)

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.