September 26Sep 26 I touchdown on the main gear in the Baron Pro at 83-knots, with a VS of -193 ft/min and the landing analyzer says 1.0G with no yaw or roll.Why does the plane shake so hard and the a wing drop so far as to almost touch the runway? The landing is stable and on the centerline but the landing jolt knocks the fillings in my teeth loose. I am using a Moza AY10 yoke and FF-Bridge with a profile for the Baron.The same sensation occurs in the C-172 and the P-38. Landings seem to be very smooth but the yoke and visual presentation shows a huge impact.I've not flown GA in real life - are landings impactful? AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D / MSI X870 Tomahawk Mobo / 64 GB DDR5 memory / RTX 4070 Super with 12 GB VRAM / AORUS FO48U 4k display NVMe for Drive C, an NVMe device dedicated to Flight Sim 2024 and a separate NVMe device for Flight Sim 2020 and an NVMe dedicated to 500GB of addons managed by AddonsLinker / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking
September 26Sep 26 19 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:I've not flown GA in real life - are landings impactful?Only the ones you don’t walk away from. YMMV. TANSTAAFL. Blue skies,-B
September 27Sep 27 8 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:I am using a Moza AY10 yoke and FF-Bridge with a profile for the Baron.The same sensation occurs in the C-172 and the P-38. Landings seem to be very smooth but the yoke and visual presentation shows a huge impact.I've not flown GA in real life - are landings impactful?This is due to your FF-Bridge settings. If you reduce the relevant slider settings the effects can be tuned to your own personal taste.
September 27Sep 27 1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:This is due to your FF-Bridge settings. If you reduce the relevant slider settings the effects can be tuned to your own personal taste.I was thinking the same. It sounds like what you are seeing is a product of FFB settings that are too high and sensitive to movement. Bill 😎FS2024 • Currently enjoying : A2A Comanche 2024 & Aerostar • Black Square Commander 114, Bonanzas, Barons, C208, TBM850, Dukes • COWS DA40 & DA42 • FSW Legacy, C24R Sierra & C414 • Echo Falco F8L • Got Friends A32 Vixxen • FSReborn Sirius TL3000 • Flying Fries Gabriel 160TR • Flyboy Rans S6S • Skyward DA50RG • SWS Zenith CH701, RV-8, RV-10, RV-14 • Bagolu C172M & ICP Savannah. Currently flying IRL: Pipersport SportCruiser, Aeroprakt A32 Vixxen, Bristell Classic, Evektor SportStar, TL Sirius TL-3000, Rans S6LSTrackIR • BeyondATC • PMS GTN Payware • RealTurb • Axis & Ohs9800X3D • RTX 3080 • 64GB DDR5-6000Former PPL IR, grounded by diabetes. Now UK NPPL(M)
September 27Sep 27 22 hours ago, btacon said:Only the ones you don’t walk away from. YMMV. TANSTAAFL. Blue skies,-BHaha accurate.22 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:I've not flown GA in real life - are landings impactful?See above. But in all seriousness, yes they can be. Even a "greaser" in a small aircraft certainly let's you know you're back on terra firma. If you get a little slow jut before touchdown and drop from like 5 ft that's abrupt - it happens. This being said, I use FFB as well (with my ancient Sidewinder 2 FFB lol) and imo, MANY of the default settings are waaaaay over the top. I made one for the FSW Lancair Legacy, and a few others, I basically totally killed off the runway rumbles, a lot of the flap rumbles... honestly a lot of the rumble stuff. Once a small craft is on the ground and rolling out (or taking off), it's actually quite smooth if you're on a decently paved runway. In the air, even with light turbulence it's still fairly smooth... it's not jarring at all. It feels like the FFB apps are made from someone's experience as a passenger in an airliner.Another edit... I'm coming off a bit on the critical side here... but the FFB app is actually pretty cool. You just have to turn down a lot of the rumbles especially in general aviation stuff. I left that stuff enabled (but lowered) for my bizjets. Edited September 27Sep 27 by ryanbatc | My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL | | Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |
Create an account or sign in to comment