Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Optimized (12.4.4 beta)?

Featured Replies

Hi Jcomm and everyone.

Another issue for me is the visibility see trough when you fly towards the Sun set, and limited visibility due to bloom / haze whatever you want to call it.

There are some good scripts to help, but I use a few DataRefs that you can place in a .lua file and place it in the ... \Scripts, Play with the values and see what you like.

--From here

set("sim/private/controls/scattering/override_turbidity_t",1.0)

set("sim/private/controls/scattering/single_rat",0.1)

set("sim/private/controls/scattering/multi_rat",0.2)

set("sim/private/controls/hdr/bloom1",-8.9)

set("sim/private/controls/hdr/bloom_exponent",3.12)

--To here

  • Author
1 hour ago, coastaldriver said:

Just while J Comm returns -XP gets updated again to 12.4.4.b2.See how it goes back to things Airbus for fun.

Yes, just tried an LEMD-LPPT but it was abruptly interrupted by Cagarini the cat as I was away from the cockpit to check the toasts in the kitchen 😀. Will try again later today, and make sure I close the cockpit door before starting the flight prep... He loves staring at the airport buildings and lights, and sometimes decides to seat in front of it and place his huge bottom on the keyboard 😁y

@Avcomware , thank you for sharing those datarefs which I will surely try !

One thing I notice, appart from the fact that IMO X-Plane's colours and lighting are by far my preferred, is that sometimes Xp12 exaggerates the obscuration caused by stratified and / or convective cloud layers. It was particularly visible this weekend when after reinstalling it I rushed for a short SR22 flight around LPPT. During saturday morning weather was cloudy IRL, mostly by high level clouds and some Cu (few) bellow MSA. The higher level clouds were not depicted in Xp12, and instead there were some convective layers which caused, downtown Lisboa, a significant obscuration, making it look at 11:00 LT as if it was late afternoon... I'll check with your datarefs ASAP and report back 🙏

Edited by jcomm

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

17 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Fast jet nuts are not well catered for.

Yep.

Tho I will say that I had a simply wonderful flight in Colimatas F-104 this past weekend.

Approach and landing speeds are RIDICULOUSLY high(>200!) and the blown flaps only work with N1 > 80%, which then means you’ve got to extend the airbrakes to stay on-speed, etc, etc.

And yeah, the plane WILL quickly and fatally depart if you don’t strictly follow the procedures.

I do wish Just Flight and Thranda could see their way through to updating the BAe Hawk for XP12. Even tho it’s not supersonic, it’s quite fast and nimble. Maybe some day…🤷‍♂️

The only other mil jet I actually fly is the DWS M346 as it has decent systems modeling and good performance. But the HUD indications are inaccurate, particularly during landing, and that annoys me enough that the F-104 is a much more satisfying experience, esp with the modernized cockpit

In terms of XP itself? I’m not running the Beta, but I’m getting significantly better performance to the point I can run Orbx True Earth with Objects, And the other Right Pane items all on high. This was literally impossible a year or so ago…

I take a performance gain with shadows on low and textures at 3/4.

😎👍

Edited by UrgentSiesta

Hi,

Looks like we no longer need the --gfx_no_defragment command line addition.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

                Two: AMD-9950X | One: AMD-7950X3D | Three: Asus TUF 4090s | Three: 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Three: Cosair 1300 P/S | Three: 990Pro 2TB NVME                    One: Eugenius ECS2512 - 2.5 GHz Switch | Three: Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three: 75" 4K UHDTVs | One: Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Like @jcomm , I’m really enjoying the latest beta.

Nice and smooth 47 FPS on my 10900 and 3060 12GB, but I do use Lossless Scaling for extra smoothness.

I keep trying to use that other sim, but keep coming back to XP12, and though I have XP12 add ons, I stick to the default everything.

I am going through a midlife crisis/hobby of simplifying and decluttering my entire existence (or trying to), though, so take my lack of enthusiasm for pretty add ons with a grain of salt.

There is always a bit of the jcomm of old “uninstaller” in me, too.

I was taking off in the default 737 at LAX at dusk and even told my wife “Look how good this looks, all default, no add ons!” She said “yes…”, obviously very impressed! 😂

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.