Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Optimized (12.4.4 beta)?

Featured Replies

I had been away from Xp12 for quite a while, and when my rig had it's MB replaced the first sim I decided to, after all, reinstall, was fs 2024, but this weekend I decided to reinstall & test xp12, with MEP and SimHeaven Pro, and, to my surprise, the stress on the CPU that was a major drawback for me up to around 3 months ago isn't there other than during initial load.

While flying, and I tested with default GA but also with the Toliss 320N, temperatures keep well within good limits, and performance is fine in my rather old rig (only the motherboard was replaced) !

It's really rewarding to come back and find a more performant Xp12 !!!

GPU use has increased.

Sim performs, overall, very smoothly !

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

Glad you’re back simming @jcomm I enjoy reading your learned post.

Vic green

Glad to see you back to.!!!!! I run my machine in safe mode due to its age. Even then i have poor frame rates, and had it crash with an old cpu. Someday i hope to replace the old girl when i get the funds. HAPPY FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jcomm and everyone,

Yes, 1244 has improved loading time, less CPU grinding, and a better terrain rendering, still work in progress.

The worst offenders, in my system, and I have afairly high end system, are Objects keep them Low to Medium, Clouds medium, Shadows, Acft only, 3D trees and AntiAliasing, Rendering dstance also but I like it and I keep maxed out, you can crack AF mostly all the way, and It looks OK especially if run 4K.

If you run VR turn FF Off and use AF.

Foe some reason LR likes to start with Objects very high (max) and if add Ortho, in particular if you are a real World pilot, you, like me, may like to keep the Tree, Objects.. low.

I found that high in any of the things that cover the terrain / Orthos, make it less real looking and renders areas unrecognizable.

Edited by Avcomware

I get very good performance in this version. I run simheaven pro and a few add on airliners like Toliss and Zibo but man does it take a long time for XP 12 to load. It took 14 minutes the other night. Is it possible that the Bluebell AI aircraft are was slows it down?

NAX669.png

  • Author

Guys,

thank you all for your posts 🙏

Yes I run Xp12 in a rather "parcimonious" way :-) with settings that go in line with what @Avcomware mentions.

Next will be AI Traffic, using my good old World Traffic (Justflight) license...

ATC is usually default. I like the structure and interactions in default Xp12 ATC. For a default it's really not bad.

SimHeaven Pro together with Map Enhancement Pro do a lot for the visuals too, and I haven't disabled any objects so far, or tried to tweak the car traffic levels through the included plugin, and still get very good performance with this rather outdated rig...

Edited by jcomm

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

10 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

Glad to see you back to.!!!!! I run my machine in safe mode due to its age. Even then i have poor frame rates, and it had crashed with an old cpu. Someday i hope to replace the old girl when i get the funds. HAPPY FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca
old age and eyesight getting there LOL!!!!

7 hours ago, mwilk said:

It took 14 minutes the other night. Is it possible that the Bluebell AI aircraft are was slows it down?

No, it's a combination of add-on scenery, plugins that read lots of data, SSD speed and Windows.

7950X3D + 7900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

parcimonious

LOL. Avsim expands my vocabulary.

Vic green

  • Author
36 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

LOL. Avsim expands my vocabulary.

🤣 I don't even know if it's valid in English... It's almost direct from plain Portuguese (parcimonioso)....

And I just found I should have written "parsimonious"... but I used a "c" because in PT it's written with "c" 😁

Edited by jcomm

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

Core meaning: Extreme frugality that often crosses into stinginess.

  • Author
8 minutes ago, flyer47 said:

Core meaning: Extreme frugality that often crosses into stinginess.

That's ME !!!!! 😁

Not even Gemini, ChatGPT, Copilot, ... could picture it better ...

and that's why, in good part, I had shelved XP12 a few months ago. I hate to see high CPU temps and power consumption :-)

12.4.4 beta is way more optimised, with as far as I was able to observe a good performance even with SimHeaven and MEP together, and lower CPU stress 🙏

Edited by jcomm

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

I agree that since the first release a few years ago, the performance gain has been quite remarkable. They optimized a lot of things! I do also have very good fps in 95% of the cases.

i9 12900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

JComm returns to the world of never never - flight simulation. I see your back with Windows understand why . My hardware means I remain a Linux system. Never mind as for XP 12.4.4 - Runs smoothly I get 50 FPS consistently. Only using default scenery and weather. Live Traffic as dynamic addon and Navmap now and then. Yeah there is a bump on load times but not that bad say 45 sec to load XP and then to load a situation, aircraft place and time - maybe 2 mins. It is all up front. Only Thranda chokes on it and wants more RAM. Once the sim is up and running smooth responsive and consistent. I am not a fiend for hardware temps etc and basic FPS counter does it for me! Moving on not sure where they are going with XP lots promised as being for scenery etc and it is dribbling through I guess. Models - more more of what? You can get any tubeliner and then some, basically any general aviation class aeroplane (Cessna, Piper, Beechcraft) good turboprops Airliner and GA. Mil stuff in short supply and classic aeroplanes so other than the DC-3 and the B314 or the Catalina maybe also the Lockheed L10 and 12 and 18, Ford Trimotor not much. Mil stuff short few classics thats all. Fast jet nuts are not well catered for.

Welcome have fun again keep your sanity - its all good

Just while J Comm returns -XP gets updated again to 12.4.4.b2.See how it goes back to things Airbus for fun.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.