Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Departures/Arrival disbalance in BATC AI traffic

Featured Replies

Hello,

With the introduction of jetways for AI aircraft, I decided to give BATC another try. I’ve noticed a significant imbalance between arrivals and departures, with departures overwhelmingly outnumbering arrivals.

My settings are 10/10/10/10, and I’ve tested this at LSZH (MKS), EDDF (AS), and LFPG (stock).

Has anyone else noticed the same issue?

P.S. I asked about this on their Discord but received no response.

9950X3D, X870E ROG CROSSHAIR HERO, Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB DDR5-6000 PC5-48000, ASUS RTX 5070Ti 16GB, 9100 PRO 4TB Samsung ,990 PRO 4TB Samsung,  AX1600i 1600 Watt 80 Plus Titanium ATX, ASUS 360 ARGB EXTREME 360mm Liquid CPU Cooling Kit.

Say Intentions does the same thing. You check the map and planes are just out there flying randomly refusing to come to the airport. I remember back in the FS9 days where you would end up waiting so long for a window to takeoff that AI aircraft on the ground would start disappearing. It seems both of these programs have implemented a solution but that now creates unrealistic lack of arrival traffic. I’ve retired both programs for now.

 
 
  • Author

I agree. Actually, I'm not demanding 100% realism, but if at EGLL you have 12-15 departures and 5-7 arrivals per hour, something is horribly wrong.

9950X3D, X870E ROG CROSSHAIR HERO, Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB DDR5-6000 PC5-48000, ASUS RTX 5070Ti 16GB, 9100 PRO 4TB Samsung ,990 PRO 4TB Samsung,  AX1600i 1600 Watt 80 Plus Titanium ATX, ASUS 360 ARGB EXTREME 360mm Liquid CPU Cooling Kit.

I don't know if that is a factor here, but back in the day it was said that arriving AI traffic conceptually starts to inject at a certain distance from the airport, so that if you are departing within the timeframe it needs to arrive at the airport, you get a feeling of lacking arrivals. That was certainly true for the old FSLTL injector with Live-Traffic, that relied on the underlying MSFS AI system. I can imagine that BeyondATC is having to deal with the same underlying principles. If there's still an imbalance after 30 minutes or so, that would be a different issue though.

Asus ROG STRIX X870-E Gaming; Ryzen9 9950X3D; RX9070XT; 96GB RAM; 4TB/2TB M.2 SSD; 8TB HDD; LG 45GX90SA-B

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

I agree. Actually, I'm not demanding 100% realism, but if at EGLL you have 12-15 departures and 5-7 arrivals per hour, something is horribly wrong.

Was that at night? During the day, traffic at EGLL is much busier, more like 40 departures and 40 arrivals per hour. But luckily, you know a better alternative ;-)

1 minute ago, kiek said:

Was that at night? During the day, traffic at EGLL is much busier, more like 40 departures and 40 arrivals per hour. But luckily, you know a better alternative ;-)

Oh stop it.

This thread is not about your program.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Oh stop it.

This thread is not about your program.

🤣🤣

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.