Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

COMPLAINT ARIANE'S NEW CON!!!!! what can we do?

Well put Greg. A few months ago I asked a question about an incident regarding Captain Sim, and someone had mentioned that it was old news and not worth "beating a dead horse". But if I have never heard about it, than it is not old news to me. Everyone needs to keep in mind that new simmers join our community every day, and we need to get them caught up when they ask. After all, if they make a bad purchase they will be hammered with comments about how they should have done there research.

Better to be able to download or activate from a site that charges and can still provide, as opposed to one that doesen't, and is not available any more, eh?You all know who I'm referring to! - And they did that with NO WARNINGS AT ALL.You pays your money and makes your choice.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>hi John.....>>>i could not agree with you more...>now that iv met avsim..... and a Big Hello and Thank you for>letting me into the fourm!...>>sorry to come in on bad term's... just wanted to get some>advise... but from what i have recived from avsim and the>fourms im able to make the right choice in paying for a>aircraft...>>>Russ. UK4DT L0(>>Many thanks for the 'Heads Up' Russ, I'm sure that the advice you have seen so far, will take some of the sting out of your pain too.But before you buy FS products again, take a peek into the AVSIM Library, you will be very pleasantly surprised as to what you can find in there. And like a previous poster mentioned too, always come to AVSIM and check out the reviews. Those that write them; have ALL cylinders delivering FULL horsepower ;-) which will make your choices so much easier and hopefully pain free too.Dave.Brisbane.

I don't think this is better at all.. I'm sorry.. I am extremely annoyed.. I can't believe it to be honest.. it's certainly not something I expected.. and.. I would say.. any reputable provider wouldn't do this... for example.. PMDG.. DO NOT.. DO THIS..I will tell you what this means.. this means that if your PC breaks down.. if you lose a HD.. if for some reason some other software breaks your machine.. if you buy a new computer so you can use FSX much better.. if you want to refresh your windows.. if your pc gets damaged by fire.. if it's stolen.. you have to PAY..

Craig Read, EGLL

Please forgive me but I was looking at this thread and just wanted to clarify this policy of reactivation on these forums so there is not a misunderstand by sim enthusiast here about Ariane on this subject.Below is a posts from Ariane's forums that makes this policy more clear.---------------I believe the point of paid reactivation is unclear and a miscommunication has been seen from both sides of the coin. I will now attempt to explain the reactivation fee process and Ariane can correct me if i am wrong:The ONLY time you have to pay for anything having to do with reactivation is if you LOSE your order information. What you are paying for is a staff member's time to go into records, look up your order information, generate new paperwork and issue it to you. You are paying for staff time there since Ariane does everything manually.Folks, when you get your activation codes and such, BACK THEM UP! This is not just the rule with Ariane products -- it's a common sense rule. i have a partitioned backup of all of my license keys not only from Ariane, but from Flight1, FSD and everyone else I fly products from that require specific activation keys and processes with important order information.I not only back up my order receipts, I also back up my emails concerning them, activation codes, license files, etc. ANYTHING you have that has to do with activation -- BACK IT UP!--------------------- Quote from Christopher DittmarOf course that goes for any valuable FS addon that you want to save. Be sure to keep backups on at least two harddrives (one external if possible) or discs. I don't know how many times I've breathed easy when I found my backup and backed up keys.I'm not part of Ariane, but I have enjoyed their service and products very much for the last two years and especially the new Boeing 737-900 erX2 that was just released. Also I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding at this forum.Thank you and I hope this helps,Bob

"I'm waiting for "signmanbob" to come in here and promote the living #### out of Ariane."I love it! Here I come to save the day! Ariane man is on his way..Just kidding, but still very cool (:Folks, please don't hate me because I love Ariane Designs. I have re-activated my products several times without being charged a penny from Ariane.I have received one on one technical support with no charge at all and their brand new 737-900erX2 is one of the best things to hit FSX.It is as close to flying the real 737 as you can get in a sim and it cuts through FPS like a knife through butter.I love Ariane Designs because they have always treated me well. They are relentless to get your problems solved and your sim working and will continue to email you one on one until it is.On the other hand I also love Flight 1, PMDG, Level D, A2A, Maddog, SimGiants, Aerosoft, and all my very special developers that make this hobby the best. What more can I say.signmanbob

I don't know anything about Ariane, but I think people should focus their efforts not on small developers, but rather on governments that allow torrent websites to freely distribute pirated software over the internet.I can think of several major pirate websites off hand. It amazes me that they are allowed to remain on-line.These guys and the governments that turn a blind eye to them are the real enemy, and the reason developers are forced to take often cumbersome anti-piracy measures.Focus on them.Bryan

>These guys and the governments that turn a blind eye to them>are the real enemyIts often because of governments and their bad handling of the economy that people are forced to use those websites in the first place, rightly or wrongly!(not turning this thread political but those that want and cant afford often try to get it free)

I absolutely agree that all torrent sights should be shut down. This theft of add-on software is what has made it so difficult for us to get software addons for MSFS activated and re-activated when we need it.The high degree of protection that Ariane Designs used on their simulations has been strongly criticized by some, but is now much more commonly used by other developers. This noose is tightening on pirating and resulting in longer waits for activation codes to unlock airplane and scenery addons from more and more developers and requiring computers with the addons to be connected to the internet so software use can be monitered.If it continues, purchasing addons will become much more difficult than what it is now for everyone.

Now there's something that I think the vast majority of us can agree on. It amazes me how people can defend pirating. If you can't afford it, than you can't afford it. I would love to own a Citation, but I can't afford it, so I don't own one. Tough....that's life.I really don't think that pirating will ever be stopped. If you shut down a website, another will be along to take its place shortly. It seems that no matter what protections are placed on a product, there is someone who can crack it and share with others.And.....I think the financial crisis around the globe right now is no excuse. If you have a roof over your head, a computer to use Flight Simulator on, internet service, probably a HOTAS or yoke, and maybe even some rudder pedals, than you are doing much, much better than a whole lot of people in the world. Maybe it's time to appreciate what you have and stop taking what others have.

Guest thx1137

Actually, they guys that I have know that pirate would never have bought the product anyway and they usually just collect, not use so they are not lost sales. I know that isn't true in all situations but _in my opinion_ piracy that actually costs vendors real money is way lower than some people think.Anyway, I would be very happy for pirate sites to get shut down as long as I can get the products I have already purchased reactivated. Most times this isn't a problem for which I am thankful, for Ariane I couldn't be bothered downloading a crack because I only fly GA now anyway but I flew my Ariane exactly twice before upgrading my memory and requiring a reactivation. "Ariane" told me to send a message to support because the activation program wouldn't work (although it did work when I first activated it). Support told me read the FAQ and that tells me how to do the activation. I had already told them I followed that and it did not work but no further help was forthcoming and really, I have better things to do then plead and beg to someone multiple times to allow an expensive add-on to work.Oh, and reading their site at the time. There was NOTHING there that indicated that the fee was only if you lost your registration details. I know because I looked long and hard in disbelief and a fair amount of disgust.One thing. The guy that did most of the support on their forums was good, no complaints about him at all, it is just the companies practices.Steven.

Guest hmstiger

Buy your jets from Flight 1. They have managed to automate all of this and don't charge for reinstalls. Shame their service is so poor and their embrace of a rape and pillage their customer base philosophy.The FSX B737 looks pretty good.

Guest hmstiger

Not true. Most of their staff is European, as is a big part of their customer base. Also, if they went back to dollars, who's to say they wouldn't raise the price to get it to where it is in Euro equivalents? Colin Portland

Guest Pro-Sim

>Continuing the OT sub-thread; I'm with Ed and Staffan on the>"good manners" thing. It's always amazed me that absolutely>anyone can become a forum member using not only some strange>user name, but also have their true identity hidden.>>I'm not too sure about your memory concerning Avsim requiring>real names Staffan; maybe it was something that was discussed>at some point. I do, however, remember just after Avsim>website launched, Project Freeware were given an Avsim support>forum. Unfortunately, we (Project Freeware) felt it was>appropriate for forum visitors to not only be required to>register their true identity before gaining access, but to>also use their real name in forum posts. Sadly, Avsim>disagreed with this and eventually Project Freeware moved to>another support forum.>>Also, as this is an English written forum, a bit more effort>in the areas of grammar and spelling would be nice. It's>actually pretty embarassing to read some forum posts by people>who are obviously not native English speakers, and yet are>able to write English so much better than those who are>apparently English and presumeably English educated! I know>some people will obviously think "why bother"; my kids are>always laughing at the way I send SMS text's, but seriously,>init, gr8, gonna, cu, luv, 2moro, u, coz etc are not real>English words and I get really ###### at peoples laziness.>>Ooops! Sorry went off at a bit of tangent there. Anyway, I'm>all for the "only reply to real names" use of the forums until>Avsim actually do the right thing and impose it :-)>>Paul>>Also, how on earth does this become "Hangar Chat"? I've no>personal experience of Ariane, but have to say if wanted to>research users opinions on an FS9 product, I wouldn't be>looking in the bloody "Hangar Chat" forum!!!Paul,Firstly, I'm a big fan of your work :)I am however mildly offended by the "..from England, educated in England" comment that you made above. In my experience, the degradation of the English language is not something that emanated from the UK, but from or cousins on the other side of the pond (I'm not talking about the Canadians, who still know how to spell 'colour' :)I'm a linguist by academic nature and I could bore you for hours with examples of how degradation of English, whether it be in spoken forms, or as part of new technological channels like SMS, usually has it's base in the US.Watch a 1920s black & white film from the USA, and you hear them refer to "One hundred and fifty!" ....... Fast forward 30 years and lazy vocalisation made that "One Hundred Fifty", which is gramatically and lingo-logically incorrect. (but shorter to say).I hope people will take my bash at the US here as light-hearted as that's how it's intended. Half of my family are based stateside and I love most things about the land of the free...... but don't put bad use of English at the foot of the English!Roy.

Yes, because all grammatical degeneration is based in America. All people from England speak properly and completely and always have. At 3am in a bar in Essex people speak the Queens English without fail.You will remember that many horrible and disjointed forms of speaking/writing have come from England as well? many before America existed or was the cultural entity it is now. People have been mangling their parent languages with slang and improper speech patterns for as long as there have been standards with which to violate. Frequently this results in different dialects or completely different but related languages.And considering the first SMS sent was over Vodaphone in the UK and the US and UK had commercial services at the same time, I think the responsibility should at least be shared. The initial SMS speech came about due to the size limitations of SMS which is universal.Plus One hundred fifty is correct (at least as it is taught here in the US), the and designates a decimal point. One hundred fifty and twenty four hundredths as an example. One hundred and fifty is strongly discouraged in math classes due to the possibility for confusion when spoken. Sorry to nitpick but I disagree that Americans are primarily responsible for the degradation of the English language or that it is a new problem. And honestly calling it a problem misses the point, language evolves over time to meet new needs and new modes of communication as they arise. Quick comment as to the "post signing" issue. I do not sign my posts, I've been involved with internet forums in various forms for 15 years and BBS forums for much longer. And in that time I've met too many unstable people on otherwise reasonable and friendly communities to take that risk. My apologies if it offends some sense of Politeness, but I am in control of my own safety. And the risks are not worth the reward in my estimation. YMMV naturally.