Sign in to follow this  
mgallo7277

FSX Scenery airport scenery to P3d

Hi guys, first off thanks for any help anyone can offer me in this problem I am having.  I am in the process of converting our flight sim programs from fsx to P3D.  In the past we have used Eric Cagan's version of KGCC airport for our scenery of our home airport to keep it more real for training pilots.  Now when we try to load our scenery as an add on in P3D we cant see any of our buildings. Runways, taxiways and everything else look fine but alas no buildings to be seen. I have contacted Eric about finding a way to fix it, but he is not familar with P3D and in fact originally created the scenery for FS9.  His scenery is available the the avsim library and I was wondering if someone might have a way to fix this.

Scenery is here http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=kgcc&CatID=root&Go=Search

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello again, I did manage to find a solution in another forum. FSDeveloper.  For anyone who is having this same issue its a rather easy fix.  you need to download the newest version of modelconverterx from the fsdeveloper website, its found under the resources tab.  Once you have the program open all you have to do is import the file that contains your models, In most cases it is in the scenery folder and is a BGL file,  Then you export scenery as a P3D BGL file.  And that's it.  Make sure you have the permission of the original developer to convert the file.

Hello again, I did manage to find a solution in another forum. FSDeveloper.  For anyone who is having this same issue its a rather easy fix.  you need to download the newest version of modelconverterx from the fsdeveloper website, its found under the resources tab.  Once you have the program open all you have to do is import the file that contains your models, In most cases it is in the scenery folder and is a BGL file,  Then you export scenery as a P3D BGL file.  And that's it.  Make sure you have the permission of the original developer to convert the file.

Thanks for the update. I also have an airport with missing buildings in P3D, maybe this fixes that. Will try.

Is there anything to be gained from converting the BMP texture files to DDS?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Is there anything to be gained from converting the BMP texture files to DDS?

No FPS gain, but it can reduce VAS usage. See here for a batch tool - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/455265-vas-oom-and-textures/.

Be careful though, if you are running it on scenery, it should be fine. But on Aircraft, you would want to preserve BMPs used for panels.

I don't see an option to export to P3D BGL, only FSX.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't see an option to export to P3D BGL, only FSX.

on the right side of "export object" tab there is a another one called export scenery, use that ..

Well i have the next problem, 

11:32 PM BGLXWriter Error Failed to locate FSX BGLComp, please update the path in the options

ModelDef Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.3.5.17625\Environment SDK\BGL Compiler SDK\bglcomp.exe

When a try export a bgl file "converted" i have onlie FSX BGL FILE option

no export scenery option !