Sign in to follow this  
redduke

Lost the HUD

The Heads Up Display swings into position but it's just clear glass. No information at all, I have tried the dimmer, that's not the problem .

Any ideas what would cause this ?

Redduke

seems that your ddl.xml has been corrupted some how, if you manage to have made a back up of your xml than its a matter of reinstalling it again.  you got 3  choices submit  a support  ticket   with your ddl.xml  in, reinstall your ngx  again or  post your  xml  in here  to see  if  some  one  can see  the issue  is( I take  it  you  tried  the CLR  button  on the control panel)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

just as  easy too make  a back up of  your  ddl.xml

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Don't agree with Peter. Nothing in the dll (not ddl) will cause this. It's simply Windows not picking up the fonts for whatever reason, which is why the reinstall by Chris worked for him.... you could also try the REPAIR option with the installer if that option is available.

Any reason why this is in the General section rather than the 737 NGX section?

Redduke full names in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Strange than why do  pmdg asked  you to submit  your  ddl.  xml  than  for  similar issues.  any worked  for  me   when I had  the same  issue  long  way back

Peter kelberg

Strange than why do  pmdg asked  you to submit  your  ddl.  xml  than  for  similar issues.  any worked  for  me   when I had  the same  issue  long  way back

because we need to be sure the PMDG HUD interface section is included in the dll.xml correctly:

<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
		<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
		<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
	</Launch.Addon>

without the PMDG HUD interface section in the dll.xml, we will only see the glass.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

As mentioned, this is usually corruption of the DLL.XML file. If the online resources (on our website, and a few posts here on AVSIM) don't work for you, or seem too confusing, then you can send us a ticket with that file attached (or if you don't know where it is, we have instructions on where to find it, but I'd strongly recommend a quick google search for the location to save you the wait of the extra exchange of messages).

Kyle Rodgers

because we need to be sure the PMDG HUD interface section is included in the dll.xml correctly:

Thx  Steve  but I already knew  this  was  only  replying  since  Dan had  disagreed  with me  in #5  about  the cause of  the hud  not  displaying   was  caused  by the corruption of  the ddl.xml

without the PMDG HUD interface section in the dll.xml, we will only see the glass.

Yep that's why I make  a back up copy of  my ddl.xml   when ever  I add  addons

Peter kelberg

I stand corrected.  I incorrectly assumed that the glass and projector would not appear if there the HGS dll was not successfully loaded, that is not the case. Missing fonts and missing dll both present as a blank glass. It's early and I've already learned something.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thx  Steve

I know you know your stuff pete, it was a good call.

I know you know your stuff pete, it was a good call.

Errr  not  really  steve  I wrote  ddl.xml    where  as I should  have  wrote DDL.XML :smile:,  but  iam learning   lots of info  from post  from your self

Peter kelberg

I wrote  ddl.xml    where  as I should  have  wrote DDL.XML

I just accepted that as a typo, I knew what you meant. :smile: