Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

Happy New Year/PMDG 777

Hi,

First of all, a great 2016 for all with hope, love and $ome fun.

On the first day of the year, 777 pilots woke up with a nice gift from PMDG: 250MB of VAS for their hungry beast. But, after downloading, installing, and integrating it to FS2Crew, as soon as the panel was connected to the plane, a woman's voice from FS2Crew immediately informed to contact support due to a SDK error.

Well, I stubbornly insisted on proceed and, after some arguments with my co-pilot, we could took-off from Miami to Denver.

The first thing you see is a "SDK error". But, if you click the arrows, you can go through the checklists, even if the values are all zeroed. The co-pilot cannot see the parking break set nor the MCP. Click the arrows and keep going. The basic routines are done by the co-pilot as lights, gear-up, altimeters, flaps.

Well, dear Bjork, the question is... when? If this plane can fly now what she's supposed to fly without OOMs, FS2Crew co-pilots also should go along...

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello,

I got seldom this bug with the SDK error before the latest PMDG SP. So I could say that it is not related.

I could not firmly confirm but I'm pretty sure to me that it happens on my system when I attempt to launch a fly a bit too quickly after rebooting my system.

Maybe because some processes don't have enough time to properly start before fsx gets started.

In any case, quitting fsx and relaunching it fix the issue each time it happens (very rarely). And it never occurs twice in a row.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Roux,

For me it was a first time with an SDK error since the 777 button edition start, so I came to that (fast) conclusion. Yes, it can be a great coincidence, so tomorrow I will be giving another try and be back here. Do you think we can face or not this situation starting the 777 in different ways, as cold and dark or energized?

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Well, honestly I don't know, I always load the T7 with a customized long turn panel that I have created from the default panel state.

And as the issue doesn't occur often, I cannot really identify common causes except for the reboot thing.

If it happens again to you, you can try to stop fsx and start it again to see if it occurs twice in a row, in which case it would be a different problem than mine.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I haven't installed the latest PMDG 777 version yet, but I would imagine it possibly overwrites the PMDG 777 Options INI file with a fresh version and removes the "Enable Data Broad cast = 1" entry as a result.

I would be interested to know if that is the case.

This is still relevant:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=troubleshooting5

• I have just installed the latest PMDG 777 installer into FSX-SE

I have also installed the May 2015 version of FS2Crew and initially had that SDK Error.

Rectified that by adding the SDK line as per the FS2Crew Support page advice

Re-booted, got SE to accept, fired up the 777, pressed the keyboard assignment to bring up the Main Panel, and voila! no SDK error.

I didn't have that problem.

To update, I first disabled fs2crew for the PMDG 777 in the config panel then uninstalled the T7 completely and installed the new SP.

Once everything done, I unabled FS2crew and tadaaa!

The "Enable Data Broad cast = 1" is still there. I don't know if it is because I uninstalled the previous version of the T7 first or I disabled/unabled Fs2crew though.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi,

That's it, the options ini file was overwritten and the "Enable Data Broad cast = 1" entry was gone with the new 777 installation. I followed strictly the PMDG recommendation to reinstall this update and full uninstalled the previous version, also cleaning 777 folders in FSX. So...

Problem is I cannot remember each and every step or workarounds for issues we generally have with this love-it-or-hate-it hobby. There are dozens of addons in FS and each one, likely their parent program, has its special tunning, humor sense and witchcraft doses. I will revive my old FS paper notebook on which I kept an FS Diary, with recipes for every addon installed.

I am sorry to get to that conclusion in a hurry. FS2Crew is working beautifully as always within this PMDG-777 model 2016.

Thanks for all for the replies. Congrats Bjork.

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr