Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Hi,

First of all, an amazing contribution to this community, thank you for your hours of hard work and for providing us with such an immersive addon!

Also can someone tell me what scenery and cloud set is used for the preview in the UI? What HDR settings does Pe11e use?

test flight

beautiful sir thank you for your hard work.

1jrds0.jpg

2vwwfif.jpg

16i7fk8.jpg

5y5mjq.jpg

2njbpjs.jpg

348oadj.jpg

9gdm34.jpg

2uylu82.jpg

What day sky set is this?

(My many request may sound ungrateful, but please know that this addon has changed my simming experience!)

Hi,

First of all, an amazing contribution to this community, thank you for your hours of hard work and for providing us with such an immersive addon!

Also can someone tell me what scenery and cloud set is used for the preview in the UI? What HDR settings does Pe11e use?

You're welcome :)

Anyway, Pe11e doesn't use HDR at all. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

The main reason was because you weren't happy with the eye adjustment rate right? Controlled by

I have been testing the ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR parameter in the [GRAPHICS] section, it works, and in my case helps me find the perfect balance.

A value of 10 (which i currently have), makes lighting adapt much faster to the new camera position. Some of you might find this useful. I don't recall what was the default value, but removing the line will restore it (i think it is 0.5).

I also don't know about the value range, it requires some testing.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

The main reason was because you weren't happy with the eye adjustment rate right? Controlled by

Not only that, exposure won't get back to original value if you look down then up in the cockpit, and the colors are much better without HDR.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Not only that, exposure won't get back to original value if you look down then up in the cockpit, and the colors are much better without HDR.

Got it, thank you.  Have you experimented with Adapation Rate Scalar at all?  I haven't experimented with anything, still getting V3 setup and add-ons installed.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

WOAH

What scenery and soft clouds set did you use for the UI preview though?

Anything I can do to make the cockpit brighter?

This is at nearly midday, it's mostly sunny out.... It's just not accurate that I would need to be using panel lighting in this scenario in the legacy (glass canopy).

Image%202016-05-14%20at%2010.11.26%20AM.

This is at nearly midday, it's mostly sunny out.... It's just not accurate that I would need to be using panel lighting in this scenario in the legacy (glass canopy).

The thing about this issue is that I'm not sure that it is inaccurate.  There may actually be that much difference in real life, but our monitors are still limited in how much of this dynamic ... I'll call it "gamma range" can be portrayed.  And because of that slippage our eyes don't respond the same, dilation not being affected the same, as looking at the real thing.  In other words, the "gamma range" that a monitor is capable of displaying is ... lets say arbitrarily half of what it is in real life.  And LM has correctly linked, or rather not made any special distinctions between autogen and cockpit when it comes to lighting, because there wouldn't be any in real life.  But that smaller "gamma range" in the display, while correct to scale where the darkness and brightness levels are portrayed, does not evoke the same response in pupil dilation as does a full scale from real life.  That other factors such as glare and diffusion are also not able to be factored into this model that might create the exact same visual experience.   Everything may be exactly correct, just not exactly correct enough.  When software models something in the real world, inevitably patches have to be made not to make the software work more accurately, but do what is expected.  It may not be a bug, but a "feature", a show of how the software is pushing the envelope of the platform it's on, or even the people using it.

• Upvote 1

The thing about this issue is that I'm not sure that it is inaccurate.  There may actually be that much difference in real life, but our monitors are still limited in how much of this dynamic ... I'll call it "gamma range" can be portrayed.  And because of that slippage our eyes don't respond the same, dilation not being affected the same, as looking at the real thing.  In other words, the "gamma range" that a monitor is capable of displaying is ... lets say arbitrarily half of what it is in real life.  And LM has correctly linked, or rather not made any special distinctions between autogen and cockpit when it comes to lighting, because there wouldn't be any in real life.  But that smaller "gamma range" in the display, while correct to scale where the darkness and brightness levels are portrayed, does not evoke the same response in pupil dilation as does a full scale from real life.  That other factors such as glare and diffusion are also not able to be factored into this model that might create the exact same visual experience.   Everything may be exactly correct, just not exactly correct enough.  When software models something in the real world, inevitably patches have to be made not to make the software work more accurately, but do what is expected.  It may not be a bug, but a "feature", a show of how the software is pushing the envelope of the platform it's on, or even the people using it.

Fair argument - But we need some adjustments to compensate the interior model vs exterior world if the limitation is our 2d screens/hardware.

Being 100% accurate to how the real world works isn't really that desirable when it creates a situation like this.  Some affordances to assist would be very welcome.

• Upvote 1

But we need some adjustments to compensate the interior model vs exterior world if the limitation is our 2d screens/hardware.
 That's what this community is great at.
  • Upvote 1

I'm getting this strange flows of shadows cast on the land, specially during the early and late hours of daylight. Unfortunately it's quite distractive, looks like some dancing rays of shadows, not to mention the clipping behavior and the "turn on/turn off" effect depending on the angle of the view. I had to disable completely the "cast cloud shadows" option of P3D 3.2 until some improvement is done in this regard.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Loving this tool, but I noticed some scenery especially white colored ones get overblown. Turning down HDR brightness seems to fix it but I think it would also negate the effect of the tool no?

Loving this tool, but I noticed some scenery especially white colored ones get overblown. Turning down HDR brightness seems to fix it but I think it would also negate the effect of the tool no?

No.  Author does not use HDR.

- Nick

No. Author does not use HDR.

Can someone point me to some test cases where I would really notice and perhaps miss the HDR being on?

It feels much less dramatic to me than in X-Plane.

I'm trying to analyze the practical pros and cons of using it in P3D.

Thx!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.