Sign in to follow this  
Jeeeno

Issue when closing FSX using the B777

Hello,

I have an issue when using the B777 on FSX SP2: every time I close FSX it crashes. The faulting module is always kernel32.dll. I searched through the forum and I found many topics about this subject but they never offered a solution. I have FSUIPC free edition fully updated, W7 64 bit fully updated. I don't have VAS issues when ending a flight as I have as low as 3GB of Virtual memory.

I also tried PMDG support ticket but they didn't answer. 

Any solutions?

Giorgio

Any solutions?

No solutions. I can't remember exactly what support wrote me when I submitted a ticket 3 years ago but the basics of it was there is no solution.

This was the final reply from support. "The problem cannot be fixed in FSX DVD version unfortunately since Microsoft dropped support for the product. FSX SE is the only version of FSX actively in development if you don't count Prepar3D."

kernel32.dll

This is a Windows module - not a PMDG module.

I also tried PMDG support ticket but they didn't answer. 

Highly unlikely. I just cleared the queue.

When did you submit, and how?

Kyle Rodgers

A suggestion if you are not always doing this. Are you ending the flight first via the FSX menus?  I do this to insure that the flight is written to the flight log, but it provides a different sequence to shutting down FSX (two steps) compared to just exiting without ending the flight!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ok Kyle, but Giorgio says it only happens with the 777 and Michael acknowledged the problem so it definitely has something to do with PMDG.

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

This is a Windows module - not a PMDG module.

Highly unlikely. I just cleared the queue.

When did you submit, and how?

So, I'm using FSX with dozen of other aircraft with no issues at all and the problem is Windows. Seems legit.

I submitted the ticket on the 7th or 8th of December. Cannot check in this moment

No solutions. I can't remember exactly what support wrote me when I submitted a ticket 3 years ago but the basics of it was there is no solution.This was the final reply from support. "The problem cannot be fixed in FSX DVD version unfortunately since Microsoft dropped support for the product. FSX SE is the only version of FSX actively in development if you don't count Prepar3D."

I cannot understand this: FSX boxed and FSX-SE are basically the same simulator.

A suggestion if you are not always doing this. Are you ending the flight first via the FSX menus?  I do this to insure that the flight is written to the flight log, but it provides a different sequence to shutting down FSX (two steps) compared to just exiting without ending the flight!

In general when I end a flight I always use this procedure: press ESC, checking flight analysis, then click on end flight. After clicking on "end flight" I have the crash when using the 777.

I checked now. My ticket was sent on the 7th of December and is still saying "waiting for agent"

So, I'm using FSX with dozen of other aircraft with no issues at all and the problem is Windows. Seems legit.

If you're going to be smarmy, be smarmy with:

1. someone who isn't trying to help you
  2. someone who doesn't know more than you about who code and other functions work - being smarmy and wrong gets a little embarrassing

So I'm building a table in my living room that calls for a bunch of hand tools: a hammer, a screwdriver, and a socket wrench. I then go to IKEA to get an end table and notice that it requires a metric socket that the socket set that I bought from Home Depot no longer contains because I snapped it a while ago.

Is this an IKEA problem or a Home Depot problem? It's a Home Depot problem. The IKEA furniture may have called for the use of a tool, but it isn't the fault of IKEA if you don't have it, or it's broken. Similarly, if the faulting module isn't one we've written, but your install of Windows contains a corrupted dll, or is otherwise in a state where our code is not able to work, then...well...it isn't going to work.

So...after that little reset, let's start over and I'll forget the earlier smarmy remark...

What operating system are you using? If it's Win7, have you done the uiautomationcore.dll fix?

I cannot understand this: FSX boxed and FSX-SE are basically the same simulator.

Basically the same, yes. Exactly the same? No.

I checked now. My ticket was sent on the 7th of December and is still saying "waiting for agent"

It was forwarded directly to one of our other agents. I'll hit him up to see if he says anything different.

Kyle Rodgers

cannot understand this: FSX boxed and FSX-SE are basically the same simulator.

At the time PMDG Support answered my ticket, I belive there was some development going on with FSX-SE by Dovetail. PMDG was hoping the code might be changed so that a proper exit could be made by the few FSX-SE users that reported this issue. As for FSX it not changed in the past ten years and will never change.

Briefly: is FSX SP2 supported by PMDG? 

FSX SP2 and FSX Acceleration are both supported.

Kyle Rodgers

FYI

I have no problems at all with 777 and 737ngx. I just exit FSX, not End Flight first. Doing that it just exits without any msg.

Win7 64 bit professional and FSX:SE. Exit that way also worked OK in box FSX

Per W Sweden

FYI

I have no problems at all with 777 and 737ngx. I just exit FSX, not End Flight first. Doing that it just exits without any msg.

Win7 64 bit professional and FSX:SE. Exit that way also worked OK in box FSX

Didn't have time to test yet. Will have a try, thanks.

Tried to close FSX by pressing X on the right upper corner: didn't work. Still kernel32.dll error.

I ran out of options.

Furthermore I found out this crash is not saving hours in the Service Based Failures.