Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Yesterday I released together with the project team the package 179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic and the Global AI shipping project that I started almost two years ago has now really got global coverage.

Several threads have discussed the shipping project here on AVSIM, and I have responded in some of them, but I think it is time to have a proper thread for news and support on the project also here on avsim.

First a few words on the project - another thread here on AVSIM talks about "Henrik Nielsen AI Ships" - that is not really a good heading as the project has been created with the help from several model designers and repainters including to dates: Jean-Pierre Fillion, Knud Kristoffersen, Didier "Lagaffe" Puentes, Robystar, Finn Kristoffer, Andrew Thomsen, Kjell A., Erwin Welker, Sébastien Viale, Alberto Garcia, Antonio Diaz, Paul Donnelly, and Robystar. Add to that all the people who have been involved in beta-testing and solving particular issues or providing information about the ships.

The project consists of many download files - sorry for that but it is a result of the long development project - for installation you need to follow a particular order as some files updates older files. When I started the project I only had 63 ships, so the diversity on the routes was limited. The newer routes takes benefit of all the ships so with the new traffic.bgl installed you can see more than 40 different ships on one route - and a place like Rio de Janeiro will have a different traffic coming in every single day during a 14 day period with more than 250 models activated in that area.

The following packages exists - the ones marked by *** are obligatory if you want all ships - and you should install in the order of appearance here:

63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175622) ***

Patch for 63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175703)

AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic US West Coast (Download #176133)

Caribbean AI Ship Traffic for 63 AI Ships (Download #175702)           

75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Mediterranean Sea and Asia (Download #178959) ***

Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179076)***

AI Ship Traffic for North West Europe (Download #178960)

AI Ship Traffic for US East Coast V1 (Download #179258)

P3D replacement effects for AI ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179348)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #182953) ***

AI Ship Traffic Mexican Gulf and Caribbean Sea (Download #183304)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Patch/Fix (Download #184092) ***

179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #188085) ***

Still the project is not finalized but it is getting towards the completion - the parts missing are the arctic areas including Greenland and a proper update of the routes for the United States released earlier in the project.

For a small video introduction David Robles made a nice video about the project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cma0PVfrFac&list=UUKFYbDe0mheZ-llBTVQnHrA

And a few screenshots:

15010104193316112912838437.gif

Kuala Lumpur

15010104175016112912838415.gif

Istanbul

15010104192816112912838436.gif

Hong Kong

15010104181716112912838420.gif

Persian Gulf

15010104194816112912838441.gif

North Sea

14122802290716112912828743.gif

Somalia

A few words on support:

Please include a screenshot and tell where the problems occurs - a name of the ship also helps in identifying and resolving eventual issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hmmmn... the system was unresponsive so I managed to create the same thread three times... I hope the moderators can delete the two others and you can post eventual responses in this one...

Henrik, outstanding work. A big thanks to you and your fellow developers of this project. I know what I will be installing in the morning.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great work! Thanks for that.

I installed all the files today and had a short test flight. It looks like some of the wakes don´t have any boat in front of them. Am I right? I´m running FSX and here is a shot from my flight.

XWr1q.jpg

Hi,

Did you fly down low to check...? At least some of that looks like traces of FSX default leisure boats which are very small and difficult to see from the air... Do you have leisure boats at high in the settings and where did you make the screenshot? The criss crossing of routes is not something you would normally see with my routes, which are mostly parallel and spaced by 500 metres in order to avoid ships from affecting each other or colliding.

Normally I keep my settings at 10 % for ships and ferries and also for leisure boats.

Best regards

Henrik

Yes, it works and has been tested with P3Dv2.4 - you will however not see the wakes as nicely as in FSX - especially not if you use animated waves. It appears there is still a small bug in P3D regards to particle effects - once that is solved I will post replacement textures - but the pictures above of Arina Arctica in North Sea (with Wake) and Selena (no wake as she was not moving) near Somalia are both from P3Dv2.4. In FSX the Arina Artica will have a nice bow spray like the one you see on the picture of USS Bainbridge in the Persian Gulf which is done in FSX and not in P3D.

First a few words on the project - another thread here on AVSIM talks about "Henrik Nielsen AI Ships" - that is not really a good heading as the project has been created with the help from several model designers and repainters including to dates: Jean-Pierre Fillion, Knud Kristoffersen, Didier "Lagaffe" Puentes, Robystar, Finn Kristoffer, Andrew Thomsen, Kjell A., Erwin Welker, Sébastien Viale, Alberto Garcia, Antonio Diaz, Paul Donnelly, and Robystar. Add to that all the people who have been involved in beta-testing and solving particular issues or providing information about the ships.

Henrik, I am the member who started that other thread. I apologize for attributing only your name to the project. Everyone did fine work, and should be acknowledged. I began that thread for a simple question, and was surprised that it became a place for general discussion. Should any moderator see this, please feel free to re-name the other "Henrik Nielson AI Ships" thread to “AI ships question” or something more specific as to place focus on this thread (filled with useful info and gorgeous screenshots) for general discussion. Thanks to everyone who worked on AI Ships for your contributions to this project. You have added a whole new intricate and alluring dimension to FSX maritime environments.

No offense taken :lol: It is nice that there has been so much attention on the project in different topics - but I just wanted to make sure that everybody gets credit as this has far from been a single-person project.

Normally I keep my settings at 10 % for ships and ferries and also for leisure boats.

Best regards

Henrik

So those settings are only for the default ship & boat traffic and have no effect on your ships?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

These settings also apply for my ships - the setting for "ships and ferries" must be above 5 % for my traffic to appear. If you don't want the slightly unrealistic ships of FSX to appear then you can reduce the setting to 10 % and you will mostly just have my ships. The leisure boats you can put as you like - it does not affect the ships.

Just finished installing all your packages, and very much appreciated, for all that you have done here.  Finally, FSX and P3D seas are alive and animated. Here I am having just landed upon a tanker, and with it heading into San Francisco Bay...from the Pacific...will hitch the ride...shut down the rotors...and enjoy the hitch-hike...

Hello, i use this freeware as long time and i think its great to became Life on the sea.

Thanks for this great work!

im not able to craete such thing, but i hope its poosible that in future also icebergs became such (real) routes

from the poles... It would be great, when also icbergs and ships crossing the sea.

happy new year!

Alti from Austria.

I am actually working on it... Greenland and the arctic areas will be in the next update and moving icebergs are not that difficult at all... this is from a test from Greenland:

14090409430116112912500795.jpg

Icebergs sweet! Would it be possible to land on them via helicopter or bush plane?