Sign in to follow this  
Charlatan

Majestic Q400 in P3d v3

After all the reviews, I took the plunge and ordered v3 yesterday.

Managed to get my orbx scenery installed and working using the folder renaming method, and just seen the info for installing the Aerosoft A320 bundle.

Tried to install the Q400, and while appeared to install ok, was running in jerk-o-vision and just wasnt right.

Anybody else tried to install the Q400?

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

This addon is listed as being released for v3 by the developer?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

This addon is listed as being released for v3 by the developer?

This is from their official forum in answer to installing in V3 -

"Or you can simply install the Q400 into an arbitrary location, and move the file structure into the Prepar3D root folder"

They are looking into a dedicated installer.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

After all the reviews, I took the plunge and ordered v3 yesterday.

Managed to get my orbx scenery installed and working using the folder renaming method, and just seen the info for installing the Aerosoft A320 bundle.

Tried to install the Q400, and while appeared to install ok, was running in jerk-o-vision and just wasnt right.

Anybody else tried to install the Q400?

I've got it installed in v3, I haven't seen the instructions mentioned above on their forum (which forum is this, on the Majestic one I haven't noticed anything). EDIT: Found the post over at Majestic

I just installed it like I previously did to V2.5

I initially thought everything was fine, but noticed I too get a weird "jerky-ness" while flying and switching to external spot view.  Also, the interior cabin views aren't quite aligned properly like I seem to remember them being in 2.5.  Definitely a few oddities that need to be addressed.  Haven't spent a whole lot of time with it to see if anything else is off.

It's possible I simply didn't install it properly as I haven't actually seen their instructions, but am seeing similar jerky movement (framerate is steady, just the plane jerks).

By default, in P3Dv3, the Q400 will use the regular "spot" view for outside. Where it should actually be using the "locked spot" view. Hope this helps.

regards, Craig

Hi.

Yes I installed the version 1.16 (I think), in P3D v3 and it works perfectly. FS2Crew does not work though.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I installed mjc8-400-Pilot-1_016-inst.exe to a folder of my choice , then  left in it only the mjc8q400 and the effects folders in it and used this command from a command prompt to install it i P3D V3... 

Folder Q400 subfolders effects and mjc8Q400 (the actual AC.)

Prepar3d.exe "-Configure: File=SimObjects, Operation=add, TITLE=MjcQ400, Path=D:\Q400" "-Configure: File=Effects, Operation=add, Path=D:\Q400\effects"

This makes this plane fully COMPLIANT with LM Add-On requirements.  Flown it for a while and seemed OK everything was working.

Brilliant!!!!

Jorge

ps the uninstl file is also there

Hey,

Looking to buy this aircraft.  What's everyone's experiences with the latest beta release in P3D V3?

Graham

Hey,

Looking to buy this aircraft.  What's everyone's experiences with the latest beta release in P3D V3?

Graham

Works fine with the new Beta installer, but FS 2 Crew isn't ready for it yet. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

aeronauta / Jorge...  Olá de Portugal!

You mentioned using the command line to properly install the Q400 in P3D3. Please just clarify to me one thing..

- You originally installed to folder D:\Q400, and then run that command line to properly configure P3D3 for it, but the D:\Q400 has to remain there as the install folder for the aircraft, right ?

- The only subfolders you left, after running the nstaller, under Q400 were that of the aircraft ittself ( mjc8Q400 ) and an effects folder, right ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I used the pilot version for quite some time with my P3Dv3 and had no problems after I replaced the mjc84_main.dll with the new beta version for P3Dv3. The only difference I noticed was that the Q400 must be the first aircraft loaded by P3D (this was not the case in version 2.5) otherwise a number of switches and buttons did not work.

Now I use the Pro version also with the beta .dll and I did not notice any problems.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN