Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

ModelConverterX warning!

If, like me, you use ModelConverterX do NOT download the latest build dated 23/10/2105! I'm in the process of painting a Milviz B55 and when I tried to load it in MCX it said "You do not appear to be the owner of this model. If you are contact support" I then promptly shut down.

I was getting along famously with the previous build (which brought back the refresh button) and I got a message telling me a new version was available. Biiig mistake. Fortunately I have a copy of 1.30.

"Insert swear words, oaths and epithets here)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm not 'exporting' anything. I 'import' look at my work(6000 times an hour) and exit. All I get now is a white background with a big red cross!

I read thought that thread a couple of times but couldn't see how I wasn't affected.

Sorry, Ron, I wasn't implying that you were exporting anything,

just that you should still be able to open any model you want to, but you can't export it unless it is your model.

The message will display every time you open a model that has custom animations that are not in your Modeldef.xml.

As for the big red cross, I don't know, but you could maybe ask in the fsdeveloper forum. I know there has been some problems with the latest builds.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

I didn't think for a moment you were implying anything mate. :smile:  All I'm saying is I can't get to see what I have imported. I think he's cocked up somewhere. However it IS hard to complain about something so useful and so FREE! I've got 1.30. :smile:

Just a quick note. Arno has released a new Development release of ModelConverterX that no longer has the Anti-piracy measures. Furthermore he states that "Given the complications to get such a protection working right, without restricting real users, I don't think I'll try again in the future."

This is good news for those wanting the new features of the Development release without the frustration of the Anti-piracy measures.

Deep joy! That is fantastic news. :smile: The bit I missed the most was the refresh button, a real time saver.

:Applause:

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

:Applause:

I was a bit previous I'm afraid. I downloaded the amended version and it's still wrong. Although it doesn't show the 'pirate' warning it still doesn't display the model. I have posted on the FSdeveloper forum but my post doesn't show yet. :mellow:

I was a bit previous I'm afraid. I downloaded the amended version and it's still wrong. Although it doesn't show the 'pirate' warning it still doesn't display the model. I have posted on the FSdeveloper forum but my post doesn't show yet. :mellow:

Arno lives in the Netherlands, so you won't see any response from him until tomorrow. If for some reason you are not able to get a fixed version of ModelConverterX in a timely fashion, PM me and I can send you a Development release that was done a short time before the Anti-piracy version came out.

You're very kind Mike. That was the version I had and was dumb enough to overwrite! I've had a response from Arno on his blog. We'll see what happens

Cheers

Hi Ron,

you should try posting your issue directly here http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/modelconverterx.87/ (open new thread)

i think if you grab the latest build you should be fine, read .... http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/anti-piracy-measures-reverted.435438/

latest build are posted here daily http://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/

Chris, if I had a pound for every time I've downloaded from your link, with exactly the same results, I could buy a nice new expensive yoke! I have posted on fsd forum but it hasn't been 'approved' yet...Or something. But thanks for showing an interest. :wink:

Ron, your post is up- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/anti-piracy-measures-reverted.435438/#post-725380

The red X indicates a shader problem, not related to the anti-piracy issue.

Read- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/shader-error.435442/

Try downloading the latest development release and completely replace your existing MCX with the new one.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif