Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

RC5 - Feature Requests

At least in operator callsigns, most people try to be faithful to the original pronounciation as a courtesy...I've got a question of my own..When flying VFR in the upcoming version, do you have to stick to a certain filed route as with IFR? I mean, part of the essence of VFR is making detours and being dynamic..

Guest Chris Bennett

It would be pronounced with ig at the end not ich. Also Munich is pronounced as Munich unless you are speaking German in which case it would be M

I have some German acquaintances that pronounce the ch in those as "sh", fyi.

Would it be pronounced like that in the ATC world? Is Munich pronounced as Munich or Munchen?

It would be pronounced with ig at the end not ich. Also Munich is pronounced as Munich unless you are speaking German in which case it would be M

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,I prefer "Brum" personally.Not strictly in accordance with the Regs though.

Ray,I prefer "Brum" personally.Not strictly in accordance with the Regs though.
Chris,Now wouldn't that be a hoot! Don't tempt me. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest nshahzad

VHHX would be nice too. Just flew outta there, but hadta make a 'phone call' heh.

On the controller tab you can add comm frequencies for VHHX but they will not be saved between RC sessions. Next time you load up the plan look at VHHX on that tab.

VHHX would be nice too. Just flew outta there, but hadta make a 'phone call' heh.

Hi guys,I would just like to request while new files are being generated for RC5, could you correct the pronunciation of "Pilatus"? This is a very popular turboprop aircraft but is pronounced 3 different ways in RC4, which is fine as I just elect not to use the controllers that say it weirdly. If it could be rectified it would be appreciated.Also if you are after another Aussie voice set, I am more than happy to record them. I am a sound engineer and a past radio presenter so could be of use just to add another accent to the mix.BTW, I love the program and use RC4.3 in FSX via a networked PC with ATC sound channelled to my rear speakers. I'll be buying V5 hot off the press......Fantastic!Ken.www.kennair.com.au

Good point KenPerhaps the developers could also look at the pronunciation of "Dolomiti" too.This refers to Air Dolomiti who fly turbo props over the Alps.Currently we get "DOLOMITRI" or "DOLOMITEY" as well as the correct one.I appreciate it's a difficult task with all the nationalities doing the files and the multitude of airline names to include.

Good point KenPerhaps the developers could also look at the pronunciation of "Dolomiti" too.This refers to Air Dolomiti who fly turbo props over the Alps.Currently we get "DOLOMITRI" or "DOLOMITEY" as well as the correct one.I appreciate it's a difficult task with all the nationalities doing the files and the multitude of airline names to include.
now would probably be a good time to make a list a mispronounciations. more important than identifiying the ones that are mis-spoke, but to phonetically show how it is suppose to be pronounced. for instance, i still don't know how to pronounce dolomitihow about creating a new thread, with the word/words/place/name that is mispronounced, and the proper pronounciation.thanksjd

JDDOLOMITI=DOLL OH MEE TEE,all slurred together of course.Some of your voices get it right.Does this make sense to you?

I suggest using upper and lower case with upper reserved for accented syllables. The accent character is not universal in all languages of the voice talent that may read the list.

JDDOLOMITI=DOLL OH MEE TEE,all slurred together of course.Some of your voices get it right.Does this make sense to you?

i'll do what happens in the real worldjd
Then, I have a simple suggestion: I have seen somewhere a request for a randomised delay to the autoreplies. Good idea, but we also need, I think, a randomised delay in the copilot's actions. I have observed cases where the hdg or alt changes are initiated before hearing the controller's instructions.This has probably been mentioned before - bear with me; I am new to this.Phil

Guest Chris Bennett

Hello Dev Team, Would it be possible to update the Berlin FIR Airspace Callsigns as well. The Comm Frequencies and Callsigns that are used in the real world now are posted at VACC-SAG Tegel Information The page is Tegel specific but that doesn't really matter as the only Callsigns that have changed are those of Radar Positions.