Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

RC5 - Feature Requests

Request for V5, or even V4.4 ;)For departures : - Ability to fly DP UNTIL reaching first waypoint of the FLT PLAN, regardless of the 30nm radius of the departure airport.For arrivals : - Ability to select "Use IAP" to the controller BEFORE crossing the last waypoint of the FLT PLN, regardless of the 30nm radius of the arrival airport.Would that be possible ?

A little off-topic but I couldn't resist asking. Can we expect v5 release sometime this year, or perhaps around summer?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Request for V5, or even V4.4 ;)For departures : - Ability to fly DP UNTIL reaching first waypoint of the FLT PLAN, regardless of the 30nm radius of the departure airport.For arrivals : - Ability to select "Use IAP" to the controller BEFORE crossing the last waypoint of the FLT PLN, regardless of the 30nm radius of the arrival airport.Would that be possible ?
there is no 4.4
A little off-topic but I couldn't resist asking. Can we expect v5 release sometime this year, or perhaps around summer?
if i knew, i would tell you. but i don't. i don't know how long it will take to finish what i've bitten off. for doug and me, it's quality not calendar.jd

for V5 then. would that be possible ?
5 will handle dps, stars, and approaches differently. it's not finalized, so i can't answer any detailed questions. suffice it to say there won't be hard distances that make things one way or the other.jd

Guest macman4

"1) In RC5, please add the ability to detect and allow us to manually select which sound-device RC5 uses for its audio output. This is a cool feature in FSX that allows me to select my USB headphones as the audio-only device and having ATC dedicated to the headphones is a great feature that I would love to have in RC5."http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/ I use this free software to do exactly that. I have RC ATC coming out of my USB headset and all other sounds coming out of my 5.1 speakers. This is in FS9. Any questions,post back, Bob

5 will handle dps, stars, and approaches differently. it's not finalized, so i can't answer any detailed questions. suffice it to say there won't be hard distances that make things one way or the other.jd
Great! This is what I've always wanted!!

In real world airways flying occasionally one hears pilots requesting confirmation of the last assigned heading, flight level or altitude.In other words a confirmation of the last instruction.I have been guilty of this in my time.I don't mean immediately after the instruction but somewhat later.Sometimes even airline pilots like to just make a quick check that they have dialled it into the controls or FMC correctly.I appreciate that RC4 gives us the CS/ keystroke option for a "please repeat" but that option only appears briefly and is gone very quickly I think.Is it possible to add such a feature in the next version?In simple terms it could just mean leaving the CS/ option in the screen for longer?Before an other instruction is given maybe.Maybe your ATCOs can confirm that this does sometimes happen.

A bit late in the day joining this thread, I suspect, but seeing as everybody else is putting up ideas for the serious, technical stuff, I will add my tuppence-worth to the "extras" section:a much easier way to get radio chatter installed, a ziliian more pilot and controller voices and an easy way to make our own voice sound files and drop them straight in.

Guest brittanydva238

I would like the ability to change my route. For example, say that I'm coming in from Denver to Atlanta. I put MEM.ERLIN5 as the arrival, and there's a storm over the RMG arrival, forcing reroutes to another arrival. I would like to have that option in version 5.0.

Guest macman4
A convenience item: Would it be possible to automatically set default ATC volume to zero when running RC?
In FS9 menu>options>settings>sound. Make sure Air Traffic Control is unchecked. No more FS9 ATC :(