Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rizzibird

PMDG/AVSIM FORUM CHANGES

Guest Rizzibird

Heo!I must say that I am very sad now I read this post.I think that the best side of this forum are especially people that make it alive and interesting to read. I would especially like to expose Ian and Randy. With their knowledge and with an access to it they have found answers to many questions, we simmers have had, and in case this forum closes the whole 737TNG community would lost two great simmers who are very helpful. There are also other simmers who I find helpful and I would like to thank to but I think that Randy's and Ian's role is the most visible.Therefore I think you should find a way to ban those people who are not helpful and more important, do not behave as it is expected they would.I would still be a very happy simmer if you only made this forum moderated like PSS's. I think it would allow users, who behave according to rules, to post messages and exchange their/our knowledge and to make this product even more real.Please take into consideration before you make your final decision how much this community would loose if you decide to close this forum.Regards,Nejc

I would rather fly than chat, so where's the patch?Won't post again unless it's a legit question, or I'll just search.Thanks,

Dear Robert,I can well understand your anger and frustration due to the action of a small minority of childish people.I believe that the vast majority of your customers take great pleasure reading the posts (often full of humour and always very helpfull)of the PMDG staff.Rather than PMDG leaving this forum can you not just ban these people?I suggest no further warning just ban them from posting.Let them get rid of their bile and nastiness in some other forum.I for one wish you to stay -I hope you will.If you leave the childlike ones will have won -don't let them!With very best regards,David Pedder

Guest hadu

Don't do this Robert.You are punishing 995 good willing flysim enthousiast to ban 5 provocative persons.These people are always there and in the future they will be there.You and we better ignore them as this will result in them leaving this list.Keep this list open..Perhaps authorize some thrusted person to act as a kind of moderator and let hem kill this unpretty messages.Hans van den Dungen

Guest Sartori23

I hate to poast the same thing to two threads, but this seems to be the more appropriate thread. So here goes, "I agree wholeheartedly with Hans. I hate to see it come to this (even though I saw this coming). One of the determining factors in my purchase of this wonderful product, was the interaction of PMDG with their customers on this forum. I would much rather see the handfull of antagonists be banned permanently from the forum, than to lose such a valuable resource. This forum has, for the most part, the most knowledgeable and friendly members of any forum I have ever participated in. I ask you Robert, to please reconsider your descision. "Sincerely,Carl Moore

Totally agree with Carl.Make this list moderated.You the development team don't have to weed through all the rubbish.We the users don't have to weed through all the rubbish. It should make for a better bullitin board. More focused on getting the most out of your products. I don't want to lose this board because of a few individuals.Nothings permanent in this world so if moderation does'nt work then you may have to try something else, but it seems like a measured approach to get rid of a small problem.Best Regards,Bill Bell

Guest Staalplaat

What a sad, sad thing to hear, about the forum being changed to a completely moderated one and the other measures. I also would like to ask Robert an all the others at PMDG to reconsider their decision. Why, you ask? Well, I believe that no one should just accept incorrect behaviour by a small minority of people in any form just like that. We should stand up against people like this and show them how it works! Let's us just stand ABOVE people and their immaturity. I can really imagine PMDG members being fed up with all those sick, immature and pathetic people but remember, there are 1000 times as many well behaving, mature and fantastic people around this forum. I really hate to see this community getting ruined so let us be the ones to show how it can be done in a good manner! Why should people who behave in a good way always be punished?I hope I could make myself clear, emotions are not easy to express in a different language than your own.Lennart

Guest Macs

Although I completely understand where you are coming from.Resorting to technical support via EMAIL during Business hours ONLY would result in PMDG being flamed, abused,criticised etc in the public forums without any defence. Believe it or not, this could have a DIRECT affect on sales.I have been accused of flaming on this forum,I even received an email from Tom allensworth, all because I had a valid complaint with a PMDG product but failed to post in an acceptable manner in THESE forums.I personally believe PMDG to be slightly too sensitive when it comes to Forum conduct. I've seen PMDG accuse new people of being disrespectful for not posting their name in a post-this is the ONLY forum I know which requires this. Do as you please PMDG, either way there will always be abusive and immature postings regarding PMDG & thier products-it's just a case of what forum they are made in.RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 740Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hi Robert,I'm sorry to hear about the idiots that are making life for you and your team difficult. But please reconsider. Punishing the vast majority of rule-abiding PMDG customers because of a few who refuse to obey those rules is not fair.Surely a request to AvSim to revoke their membership would be possible wouldn't it?Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello,>If this behavior does not cease, PMDG will no longer provide 24 hour >support via this forum or via email.Well, you can probably be fairly certain the behavior will not cease. I agree with you Hans van den Dungen, please authorize a moderator to delete unwelcome/unruly posts.This section of the avsim forum is one of the many great reasons to own the PMDG 737NG. The PMDG team and many other simmers here have made it such with incredibly informative and entertaining posts. It is almost unfathomable to think of this forum getting shut down. I've had a bad reaction/reply or two myself to negative posts I've seen here. I respect any decision you make Mr. Randazzo, but I implore you, please don't shut it down, make it moderated if that's what it takes to keep the dialog going.Sincerely,Jimmy Richards

Do what we POSKY did. Start your own forum and that way you have the ability to ban.It got very ugly at times so we got our own forum to handle the trouble makers and in turn it didnt prevent them from using the other avsim forums.

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guest Hagar

"Why should people who behave in a good way always be punished?"A very good point, Lennart. Being punished for being who I am these days by my own country, and innocent I am...interesting experience...But oh well, hunting is good today...adding to my list ;)

Guest tmetzinger

I think a forum moderated (perhaps by some volunteers? I expect that there are some folks out there that are respected both by PMDG and the customers) would be nice, and could separate the legitimate issues and complaints with the products from the posts that degenerate to personal attacks.However, I'm disturbed because what I think I'm hearing is that PMDG will be cutting back on user support via e-mail. I think that's a mistake. Paying customers should be able to expect support via e-mail. It's certainly easy enough for a PMDG CS rep to ignore/delete an abusive e-mail message, and it remains a private issue between the sender and receiver.-Tim Metzinger

Hi Robert,As you may remember from previous posts of mine to this forum, I've been considering purchasing the 737NG for some time, and had in fact already made up my mind to do so around this time, only waiting until after release of the upcoming patch-this to avoid having to install (before patch) and then having to uninstall and install again with patch. In fact I had already downloaded most files in anticipation of making this move.I have been following developments on this forum for some time and was impressed with the way you have handled the setbacks and issues that came up, even though some of these were presented by certain individuals in a thoroughly antogonistic and even insulting manner. Great courtesy was shown even to those that do not, apparently, know the meaning of the word. I even felt I had to put a word in on your behalf recently. I do hope my action did not contribute towards this issue-the thread was deleted shortly afterwards so I do not know what reactions it may have triggered.The way support was being handled, and the kind of discussions that were being encouraged about the many aspects of simulating a 737 convinced me, that this product might have a very bright future and that it would be an interesting product for me even though the Boeing 737 itself is not my favorite plane.A decision like the one proposed in your post would certainly make me reconsider, however. Without the exchange of ideas and little previews (like the one about the MAP additions to the FMC recently) that has been possible in this forum so far, I feel I would not be able to enjoy the product to the full. Ironic perhaps, since it would resemble the Microsoft approach, and I do enjoy Flight Simulator-but: mainly because of the free discussions on AVSIM and other forums, and the great add-ons provided by others such as your team and despite the rather faceless approach by Microsoft itself . I avoid add-ons that are being thrown into this world by faceless developers that have no presence in forums or otherwise.Please reconsider and make this a moderated forum, ban the trolls and allow us to enjoy the product and be-at least to some extent-partners in it's development. I would still like to take part too.Thanks,Martijn Pleines

Hi Robert,I too was the subject this weekend of one of those "idiots". You may recall that no matter what I said he took issue with it. You erased the thread and I hope banned him from the forum.I know that it is hard to accept these kind of irresponsible attacks from ANYONE. There are a very few people on the entire FS community who I think don't ever fly, they just love to sit on these forums and complain about ANYTHING.A moderated forum, I think is the best way to go and keep your development team from having to spend time being a moderator and let them like yourself do development.This forum has been such a good source of information on your spectacular 737. The actions a few idiots, should not affect the many loyal custoerms who rely on this site for good info.I know it is a hard choice, but think of your customers first and you will allways make the right choice on what to do.Cheers from a LOYAL customerBob JohnsonDenver