Sign in to follow this  
BladeLWS

Currently Downloading!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Guess I shouldn't have gone outside for that smoke. LOL :)___Josh

Got mine coming down too! Woohoo! Hovering around 115kb/s. Started at 21:07Z.EDIT: Finished! Woohoo!

Me too....at last..:-jumpyPMDG dont pull the plug again..only another 40mb to go..Pretty please!! Keith

Wow!! 217Kb/Sec., completed and I can view the readme! Thanks, PMDG and Betatesters!!!! Are the betatesters headed to Disneyland about now?? All who worked to bring this beautiful aircraft to the world deserve our gratitude and you/they have mine. Did anyone notice how they went to their existing customers before new purchasers? And, did anyone notice that they must have asked avsim to not display an announcement out their front-page?Thank you, PMDG!Thank you, Beta testers!!Yours in flight,sj MantelKEWR

Are you guys serious ?I'm still trying and I have not even got passed the download button on DAP yet still crashes out !!!!PHIL

Well that is just great, now you finally have me. I was at 55MB (yes fiftyfive MB) and suddenly the server is down AGAIN. Sorry guys, I tried to be patient but that just does it... I'm off

Good for you guys! Hopefully I'll have more luck when I get home, had almost thrown in the towell. Are you using some type of download acceleration program? I have been confused because PMDG has recommended one type but at the same time cautioned against hammering the site because that was having negative effects on the server. Doesn't a download accelerator do just that? Or are there configuration controls to prevent it? I have a very fast cable modem so have never been inclined to install a DA, until this experience. So it's just been F5 and the mouse click for three days now, I'm feeling like dumb and dumber....regards,

Hmmm......said I was gonna wait till weekend but this thread made me changed my mind.....good thing too.Currently downloading....using windows default downloader although its slower than DAP, it's more reliable.30MB done at 88kb/s but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it all before I leave for work in 30 mins.

I am on a cable modem and just tried d/l it. Got to 24MB and then "poof", d/l stopped. They must have pulled the server off line again (see top post). Now I wonder that since I just tried to d/l it and got a quarter way through if my account will now be locked out seeing as how I did this AFTER Robert reset all the accounts??

Hmm, I'm using DAP. I got connected 4 times now. each time i get about 450k then it bombs saying server has an internal error.. arghhhNigel

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... at 180k/secit dropped on me just now, but is resuming...at 15% now..Thanks PMDG !

Cory,Robert did advise that the server would be taken off line now and again to fine tune settings so until a formal announcement is made, the server could drop off line during a download. If you're using a DAP then this would not be a problem as you'd be able to resume once the server reactivates. We're getting close to resuming normal operations.

>Cory,>Robert did advise that the server would be taken off line now>and again to fine tune settings so until a formal announcement>is made, the server could drop off line during a download. If>you're using a DAP then this would not be a problem as you'd>be able to resume once the server reactivates. We're getting>close to resuming normal operations.Understood and expected...No problem.-Cory

Captain Conklin: Mine was downloaded, apparently sucessfully, using PMDG's recommended Download Accelator Plus, free version. I did nothing to modify any retry-intervals as I couldn't find where they were. In this case, the use of download accelerators will do nothing to speed up the download but are extremely useful in this situation due to their ability to resume a partial, failed download. The payware version of DAP does this automatically and the freeware one requires the user to manually resume. Use the confirmation id as your userid and the password as password when DAP prompts you.Be aware, Captain, that your hard disk may require reformatting to get rid of the spyware that DAP installs. If you don't know, spyware is software that is surreptitiously installed on your computer that sends messages to websites telling them what other websites you visit and in some cases will transmit your email address and other information. This software is notoriously difficult to remove. There are utilities out there to help you if you don't feel like reformatting your drive. My recommendation is to uninstall DAP after you've verified your SU-2 download. If you require any further information, please email me (removing one of the 'at' signs) at sjmantel@@mindspring.com.sj MantelKEWRApparent SU-2 owner

Aaaaaargghhhhh!!!!!!Just missed the train!!!!Was in with "waiting for reply" - but got this message after a minute:SERVER INTERNAL ERROR.eker

Boo ya, Got it in just over 2 minutes and it works fine. Time to go fly!Keith