Sign in to follow this  
BobK

Who's Mike Stone

I'm probably going to sound like an idiot who doesn't know anything about anything in the add-on aircraft world, but who's is this Mike Stone? Sorry Mike if I offended you. I keep hearing about him in post, asking him to make planes. Is he like the Dolli Lama(spelled wrong) of downloadable aircraft? Thanks to anyone who is not amazed at my stupidity enough to clue me in.

Guest Heather 636

Well, I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Dali Llhama, or however you spell that. One of the masters at doing some beautiful aircraft design for FS2002, yes.A LOT of people here contribute a great deal to this addiction, I mean hobby. Stick around, you'll see.Oh Mike Stone, high Lord of the realm of FS Aircraft design, take not your wrath out upon this humble peasant who grovels and kowtows at your most honorable feet, lest thy most honorable irritation lead thine patience to grow thin and pack up thine toys and go home. But, if it pleases you your high worship, this lowly servant meekly asks upon your lofty thoughts what next shall flow from thine devine drawing board?Cheers!Heather "Bad Weather"When it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight, I'll get it there the next day; but when you're #2, you try harder. ;)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

"Oh Mike Stone, high Lord of the realm of FS Sircraft design, take not your wrath out upon this humble peasant who grovels and kowtows at your most honorable feet, lest thy most honorable irritation lead thine patience to grow thin and pack up thine toys and go home. But, your high worship, this lowly servant meekly asks upon your lofty thoughts what next shall flow from thine devine drawing board?"Heather me dear.... all I can say is....YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON YOUR HANDS!!! :-lol

Gasp! Boy, Heather, do you know how to make my day or what? Do you know how many years its been since I've been able to make a woman grovel? :-)As to my next project, that is currently being decided...see the C-5 galaxy thread in the vicinity.Mike Stone

Mike Stone is a real good Friend to have :)

Hey Shnubby!He's a mythological aviation God resurrected!!!!!!!!!!He's a good guy and as a flight simulation enthusiast, I'm glad and grateful he's around. I guess you will learn why in due time!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Anniette,So are you! :)Brent H/PFG

Whilst on the topoc of Mike Stone, can anyone please tell me where I can find a d/l of his Beechcraft B1900D for FS2K2. I have searched the file library but it only comes up with repaints!!!!

Go to EXTENDED SEARCH and in the author's field, enter "stone". You will find them all.

Guest Scott Campbell

It's a pretty chunky list and well worth a look-see. ;-)

I don't know. He, or someone using his name, joined Meridian - twice - but was so busy designing planes that he never had time to fly. Come to think of it, we have SEVERAL people with that exact same "problem"! :-lolMike "The Machine Stone", just keeps cranking out new models. :)

BobK

Heather,Even though I agree 100% with EVERYTHING you just said about Mike, we REALLY need to find you something to do! LOL!!!!Mike is one of the better designers out there. I have a bunch of his goodies and love them all. Keep on going Mike! Love it! How about a wish list for Mike. Here, I'll start it!1. Aero Commander 5002. Grumman Goose or WidgeonTHANKS MIKE FOR ALLLLLL YOU DO BUDDY!!!Don Moser

Hey Bob,Yeah, the pilot roster of Meridian reads like a premier list of flightsim designers! :)Maybe you should setup a flight hour equity formula for the pilot/designers (or is that designer/pilot? :)) on the roster.For every plane that is painted= +100 hoursFor every plane that is designed from scratch= +1000 hours!You could figure out a scale for every design discipline, and encourage them to design even MORE than they do now!Of course this could easily be converted into a monetary scale

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I know, I know. Every now and then, after an exausting session squinting at a 3d model and moving vertices around, my eyes go blurry and I say to myself..."That's it, I'm gonna take a break from designing and do some flying for a change". Then I join a VA and download a couple of aircraft, which promptly give me some new design ideas.....well, you can see where this is headed. I pop open GMAX and off I go again. Is there an ADA (Aircraft Designer's Anonymous)?Mike Stone