Sign in to follow this  
michal

beta shots - allow or not?

..These are precisely the types of ill-informed threads that make me consider putting the beta team under a no-posting policy. RR.I admit I have little in common with folks who show fascination with wipers, virtual cabin, glare shields or in how many places wing flexes.On the other hand there are plenty of sharp eyes around here and as recent experience showed they can point out some hard to see inaccuraries in places where it matters - like for example this PFD idiosyncrasy.So getting some feedback may not be a bad idea. If you shut it down you may throw the baby out with the bath water. It cuts both ways. Honestly I don't know what is better for the project.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

There will always be impolite or rude comments made against beta shots or two year old products. I enjoy seeing the pictures and progress and would be disappointed to see them pulled. But, there are many things in my life that trump the drama of comments made concerning beta testing of an airplane simulation. :)Bob....

Hi All,I personally like the beta pics but there should be a caviet. This being that they ARE beta shots which does not entitle all of the forum to be visual beta testers and point out what may already be known and on a list of fixes. Being a Beta tester myself, I know not to stick my nose into a development process that I'm not invited to be a part of and am just enjoying shots of what looks to be a great release.If the team has to be locked down due to impatient or uninformed posts about the beta pics, then so be it. The time taken to answer questions or observations on these pics would be better served in developing and testing the software.Just MHO.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Michael-We agree.... It is hardly uncommon for feedback we read here to lead us to notice items that may have gone under our attention span...There is a significant difference however between the poster who notices something and raises attention to it in a mature fasion, and the post who does so with editorial commentary designed to insult/inflame.Folks often wonder why PMDG rarely shows any progress reports for ALPHA products. The thread I'm referencing is precisely why. The posts in question raise points that might have been valid had they not been both incorrect and apparently targeted to inflame. Can you imagine having to put up with finite nit-picking on a project only 50% complete? It's akin to being critical of your house painter when he's only finished stripping the old coat of paint....Personally I truly enjoy the fact that PMDG and our forum operates with customer input. I think our products are better for it. The vast majority of folks are like-minded individuals interested in seeing us succeed with this product's value as a simulation of the 747-400.....There is an unhappy, selfish, beligerant minority, however- that really leaves us scratching our heads as to why we bother.....Happily, at least for now the "we's" outnumber the "they's."

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest FattyBear

Please remember that the vast majority of replies when a beta tester posts are of praise and appreciation. Don't let one or two jerks get to ya.

Guest pellelil

Robert you realy should look beyond such comments. Being a developer myself I know how frustrating it is when people (without "any valid reason") complaint about your software, since you have probably spent more time on that than you have seeing your family and freinds over the last couple of years (its not just software, its your "child"). But I fully agree the least people could do is to try to do their "complainting" in a mature fasion.Personlly I couldn't care less about how smooth the flexing is and whether or not I can see whipers, but try to look on the bright side if all complaints are about nonsens like that it must mean that you guys have succeede in the places where it matter.I love the images that the Beta Team is sharing and "listinging to their words" when the yeagerly describe how thing works brings a smile to my face (they LOVE the Queen and I am sure most of us will as well - whipers or not ). I'm sitting here with my (Bill Bulfer and ###### Gifford) FMC Manual, just go my "Unofficial Simulator and checkride procedures manual" today and my Laptop is loaded with the ITVV DVD so I for one is ready to enjoy the company of the Queen when she ships - keep up the good work and forget about the nonsens comments ;-)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

>and the post who does so with editorial commentary>designed to insult/inflame....>There is an unhappy, selfish, beligerant minority, Robert,You may be right in general however I don't see it in this paricular case of "wipers" or "glareshield". I re-read the thread in question twice and I don't see any beligerant or insulting behavior here. Flyn, Alex, Paul or Alaistar at the most could be accused of being 'blind' or having their priorities wrong. I admit I did not see it either but I never cared to look closer. I hope you don't have anything against these particular individuals.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Hmmmm, it seems I may have caused a stir here in this fine forum, this was not my intention, and for which I appolgise. I was mearly asking for confirmation that the wipers are/were there as they were not visible to me. Anyway I hope we can move on from here, and hope to continue seeing the great shots provided by the beta team until the queen is released :D

Alaister Kay

Alistair-Looks like you got caught in the crossfire. ;-)I whacked some posts that were added to the thread that were completely out of line. ;-)Sorry you got splattered with the paint while they were stripping the house. :-)RSR

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest keringordon

RR.Also remember that there are MANY MANY individuals who check this site daily with utmost anticipation of another look at the magnificent products PMDG produce and NEVER say anything at all. We look, enjoy, nod our head, smile and think, "WOW, PMDG is doing it again". And we buy every product you produce. I'd say you have a lot more WE'S than THEY'S - a lot more.

Guest neeraj.pendse

>RR.>>Also remember that there are MANY MANY individuals who check>this site daily with utmost anticipation of another look at>the magnificent products PMDG produce and NEVER say anything>at all. We look, enjoy, nod our head, smile and think, "WOW,>PMDG is doing it again". And we buy every product you produce.>I'd say you have a lot more WE'S than THEY'S - a lot more. 100% agreement on this one. Could not have said it better myself. Cheers everyone and let peace and the Queen prevail.- Neeraj.

Guest Callmecapt

And both pilots have a Full Windsor knot in their ties.Very nice.However, they look a bit hungry.Too much airline food?RegardsGoran

Guest Knikolaes

>And both pilots have a Full Windsor knot in their ties.>Very nice.>However, they look a bit hungry.>Too much airline food?>Regards>Goran>Peeeeeeeanuttttttsssssssss --- Yummmmmmmmmmm :-)

Guest PoGoDuDe

>And both pilots have a Full Windsor knot in their ties.>Very nice.>However, they look a bit hungry.>Too much airline food?>Regards>Goran>prolly homesick :9 :9 :9 :-xxrotflmao***TONY K.O***