Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400F Version Update (ALL READ)

Captains-Based on some of the feedback we were reading in the "Frame Rates in VC" thread, we have some news that we HOPE will make some of you happy.I have just replaced the version that is sitting on the server with Version 1.01.0000.This version includes two updates that may be of interest to some of you:1) It was fairly obvious to us right after release that the ISFD is putting a bit too much strain on some of your machines in the VC mode. 2D seems fine- but in VC, it's just enough to push frame reates to an undesireable level. Lefteris has spent a few days and nights developing a mechanism by which the ISFD will monitor your VC frame rates, and adjust it's own update rate "on the fly" in order to preserve your VC frame rates.The catch here is that you most likely won't notice the ISFD frame rates unless you are trying to use it. If you are using it- then it is likely that you have lost other screens- so in effect it becomes a self correcting system: When all the displays are operating- the ISFD may slow it's own update rate to preserve your FPS in the VC mode... If you lose screens and need the ISFD, then your FPS should naturally improve since you don't have all the displays running- and the ISFD will bump up it's on frame rates!We have done some testing- and feel that you will notice a measurable difference in VC mode.2) A few users reported that the airplane would sometimes fly away from a hold without having been commanded to do so.... That's been fixed- since we were doing a gauge update.Now- here's the catch: Since we have to do a full-on gauge file replacement- we have just replaced the installer on the server.If either of the above problems affect you- then just click on your download link and redownload the full Version 1.01.0000.DO NOT UNINSTALL..... (unless you have to...)Simply run the new installer- and it'll automatically detect and update your installation to V1.01.0000 without having to go through the process of installing all your liveries, etc...Please let us know if you think this made a difference.... Normally we'd prefer to wait 30+ days before updating the airplane- but we are more interested in helping you guys enjoy the airplane than anything else, right now.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks! DLing now.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>The catch here is that you most likely won't notice the ISFD>frame rates unless you are trying to use it. If you are using>it- then it is likely that you have lost other screens- so in>effect it becomes a self correcting system:Simple solutions are best, but this one just made my day :-lol Thanks for quick update on the holds - downloading now.

Regards,

Radek

wow Lefteris you da man!! :)im in work right now do wont get to test till later..hope to read some positive results from users with the FPS problem

I hope you did something on the security too, because there are a lot illegal versions going around since last monday x( I'll update tonight

Guest svedman

Thanks a lot for doing this update!However, I have a question. When you do updates this way, by simply replacing the original installer, what happens when our download URLs expire?Do we have to purchase an extended download thingy to be able to download these "minor" updates after 7 days?

Good question. I also wondered about that. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest mikelally

I've just redownloaded from my email download link and I appear still to be getting version 1.00. File name PMDG747_400F.exe dated 18-03-06. Is there a problem?Mike Lally

Guest bigun

Nice job Capt. and crew! Eveything looks/works great now.THIS is why I never, ever hesitate when PMDG releases a product.

Guest svedman

>I've just redownloaded from my email download link and I>appear still to be getting version 1.00. File name>PMDG747_400F.exe dated 18-03-06. Is there a problem?>>Mike LallyEmpty your cache first, then re-download.

Guest Nico M.

I emptyed my cookies and my Cache from Firefox.Now im loading the full installer of my purchase Email.Is that right?

Capt. Randazzo,Once we installed v. 1.01, how can one tell if it was successfully installed? Is there a place where we can look to see if we are using v. 1.01?ThanksMaxim

Guest milliotseb

Hello,I think you should better go to our PMDg shop account than your prurchase emailI juste download from my shop account and no problemThe exe is from march 22th at 20:16, and a little smaller than previous one.I have launch the installer (and I saw 1.01 ->version is written after 2 or 3 next button press)Now I will test itThanks for fast support (even if I don't have see something special in F 3d cockpit -> but I don't have made a freight flight yet ;) )

Guest Nico M.

Ok.I opened at my PMDG Account that Link.Now im loading.Already 93%.RegardsNico Markert