Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Possible new aircraft for PMDG to develop

Guest A32X

PSS have just patched their 777, any comments (I read Rob Young as done the FDE!) I'd love to see some screenies of her over in the screenshot forum. ;-)_Paul :-)

>A couple of points. Actually as some folks already indicated>A340 sells very poorly comparing to 777 and the issue is>exactly because of accountants - 777 comes with far better>economics. Airbus actually acknowledged it has problem with>A340 vis-a-vis the 777.>>According to the well known aviation publication - Aviation>Week and Space Technology your airline actually favors A340 as>a matter of principle - because if its 4-engine configuration>and trans-oceanic flights. So I don't think Airbus gave you a>better deal - it was rather VA's preference for 4-engine>aircraft.>>Michael J.I`m keeping out of this nonsense now.If I want to get into a Boeing versus airbus scrap I can do that in any bar frequented by our crews down route,suffice to say I know more about what went on behind closed doors in my own airline than even well known aviation publications.We have some pretty daft people who work in our office sometimes,but even they might just have noticed the 777 only had 2 engines before getting into talks with Boeing about buying a fleet of them don`t you think?Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest acebrando1

Firstly, I have not bought any of PMDG products ever before. I do check this forum from time to time because I will be one of the first people that will buy the long awaited MD-11. I am probably one of only a few who remember when Bill Grabowski revealed screen shots of his MD-11 panel on that old site, Project ERJ. I am pretty sure he was going to release it as freeware but after that I think he joined on with PMDG. So when you look at it that way I have been "patiently" waiting for the MD-11 for 5 or 6 years. I guess (I maybe wrong) in retrospect the MD-11 panel/project is older than any aircraft PMDG has made for MSFS. However it would not surprise me if the MD-11 did not come out until FSX. That does not mean I would not love to have it for FS9.Now then, the next plane a serious developer like PMDG should make should be the Embraer 170/175/190/195 series. A good friend of mine is a sr. captain at Shuttle America, they fly for United Express and Delta Connection. I know about its avionics, cockpit layout, etc. All I can say about it is, WOW! Fly-by-Wire, Auto-throttle, L-Nav, V-Nav, you name it. The only thing it will not do is autoland. However the throttles are on auto after flare and roll out. In other words they idle just at the precise time, but if you must go around you simply hit TOGA on the throttles and one button on the FMC and it automatically flies the missed approach without touching the control column. Just look and see how many airlines around the world are starting to use it. JetBlue is starting to buy the Emb-195, and on their's they opted for Honeywell's heads-up-display. They fly higher and faster than any CRJ, with better fuel consumption. This new series has an amazing range. Just check out Embraer's website: www.embraer.com/english/content/home/ Go there, click on Commercial Jets, and you will get an idea of what I am talking about.I e-mailed a person at PMDG on another matter but I did mention to him that I might be able to get my hands on manuals, cockpit layout, aircraft handling stats, etc. But he never responded to that. I am pretty sure Embraer (based in Brazil) with office(s) here in the U.S. would have no problem with releasing info on their new series of commercial "E-Jets". They now have a full motion simulator in Charlotte (that is where Shuttle America does all of their checkrides now), I believe it belongs to Flight Safety. JetBlue had a Emb-195 sim in Montreal but I think they had it transferred to be with their A320 sims in Ft. Lauderdale.Well, that's my two cents.BrandonP.S. An acqaintance of mine is a captain at JetBlue and he said that out of all of the planes he has ever flown that the A320 is the most difficult thing to land. He said sometimes it is scarry. Just his opinion though.

Guest D17S

Have a friend that was an aircraft maintenance manager at America West. He quit and took his flight attendent wife with him because he didn't trust the A320 (His wife was regularly scheduled to work the A320). This is the guy that might be considered the most 'in the know' about this real world technical stuff. Actual flight safety records only show the results. We can see the symptoms long before the first "real" sneeze. It's not all about accounting to the folks that actually know. I'm surrounded by A300s and avoid 'em like the plague. I can see it too.

Guest poschrob

o yeah...a T7 in PMDG quality.... would be terrific!Rob

>I do check this forum from time to time because I will be one>of the first people that will buy the long awaited MD-11. Bless you.> I am probably one of only a few who remember when Bill Grabowski> revealed screen shots of his MD-11 panel on that old site, Project> ERJ. .... So when you look at it that way I have been "patiently" > waiting for the MD-11 for 5 or 6 years. Bless you again. I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's been re-written 3 times.>Brandon>>P.S. An acqaintance of mine is a captain at JetBlue and he>said that out of all of the planes he has ever flown that the>A320 is the most difficult thing to land. He said sometimes it>is scarry. Just his opinion though.Then you might find my experience in the A320 sim of interest. Look for my blurb toward the bottom of Jonathan Sacks article...http://www.avsim.com/pages/1004/sacks_737/sim_united-2.htmlBill

Guest acebrando1

From my friends in the airline industry apparently the Embraer jets are the second most highly advanced commercial airliner in the world. The first being the B-777. Excluding the G-V of course.About the Airbus comment(s) here. I have a cousin who is a widebody inspector for an airline here in the U.S. He no longer inspects them because he has now been transfered to another facility where they do not work on Airbuses, he is very very thankful. He said everyone at his docks avoided Airbuses even when they were in the hangars, let alone flying on them. He said the engineering from a mechanics perspective is horrific. Apparently Boeing and Embraer is everyone's true love.Still though. Someone needs to do the new Embraer 170-195 series. There is plenty of heavies in flightsim market in my view. I wish I knew how to design aircraft and panels for MSFS.Brandon

Guest BAW843

Hi All,Watching this thread pan out its pretty obvious as to what simmers want but is there really enough space in the FS market for another 777? and before anyone says "PMDG will be in a different class" that simply goes without saying, Robert and the team will provide us "virtual flyers" with unpresedented work what ever the product... :-)Personally though I would like to see a Fokker 50, 70 or 100 made!ora good old 737-200 classic ...CheersPHIL

Guest acebrando1

Bill,I did not expect you to pop in, thanks for replying to my post. Greatly appreciated.I read the story you gave the hyperlink to about your A320 sim experience. She is very challenging to land, even for a seasoned Airbus driver. The horror stories I could tell you from the guy I know who has been flying it for 5 years now...I cannot wait for the MD-11, I think someone from PMDG said it would be even more amazing than the latest thing PMDG has releases to date.Which from what I have read, PMDG's products have really set the standard.By the way, great job on the ERJ-145 panel (Project ERJ) you did some years back. I still fly it from time to time. Come to think of it, you, Bill, would be the perfect person to start making a Embraer 170-195 series panel/flightdeck. Since you did such a good job on the ERJ-145 panel. Some of the displays are the same to some extent. For a sim version even the FADEC system could be incorporated... I mean the list is endless with what you and your talent could do with the new series of Embraer jets. I have the inside info on the 170, you would not believe what that bird is capable of doing.Just a thought.Brandon

>... you, Bill, would be the perfect person to start>making a Embraer 170-195 series panel/flightdeck. >>Just a thought.>>BrandonInteresting thought.Bill

Guest acebrando1

Bill,Interesting thought indeed. You let me know if you and I should begin an e-mail dialogue on this issue.Let me know if you are interested.Brandon

Guest Agun13

>Firstly, I have not bought any of PMDG products ever before.>I do check this forum from time to time because I will be one>of the first people that will buy the long awaited MD-11. I am>probably one of only a few who remember when Bill Grabowski>revealed screen shots of his MD-11 panel on that old site,>Project ERJ. I am pretty sure he was going to release it as>freeware but after that I think he joined on with PMDG. So>when you look at it that way I have been "patiently" waiting>for the MD-11 for 5 or 6 years. I guess (I maybe wrong) in>retrospect the MD-11 panel/project is older than any aircraft>PMDG has made for MSFS. However it would not surprise me if>the MD-11 did not come out until FSX. That does not mean I>would not love to have it for FS9.>>Now then, the next plane a serious developer like PMDG should>make should be the Embraer 170/175/190/195 series. A good>friend of mine is a sr. captain at Shuttle America, they fly>for United Express and Delta Connection. I know about its>avionics, cockpit layout, etc. All I can say about it is, WOW!>Fly-by-Wire, Auto-throttle, L-Nav, V-Nav, you name it. The>only thing it will not do is autoland. However the throttles>are on auto after flare and roll out. In other words they idle>just at the precise time, but if you must go around you simply>hit TOGA on the throttles and one button on the FMC and it>automatically flies the missed approach without touching the>control column. Just look and see how many airlines around the>world are starting to use it. JetBlue is starting to buy the>Emb-195, and on their's they opted for Honeywell's>heads-up-display. They fly higher and faster than any CRJ,>with better fuel consumption. This new series has an amazing>range. Just check out Embraer's website: >>www.embraer.com/english/content/home/ >>Go there, click on Commercial Jets, and you will get an idea>of what I am talking about.>>I e-mailed a person at PMDG on another matter but I did>mention to him that I might be able to get my hands on>manuals, cockpit layout, aircraft handling stats, etc. But he>never responded to that. I am pretty sure Embraer (based in>Brazil) with office(s) here in the U.S. would have no problem>with releasing info on their new series of commercial>"E-Jets". They now have a full motion simulator in Charlotte>(that is where Shuttle America does all of their checkrides>now), I believe it belongs to Flight Safety. JetBlue had a>Emb-195 sim in Montreal but I think they had it transferred to>be with their A320 sims in Ft. Lauderdale.>>Well, that's my two cents.>>Brandon>>P.S. An acqaintance of mine is a captain at JetBlue and he>said that out of all of the planes he has ever flown that the>A320 is the most difficult thing to land. He said sometimes it>is scarry. Just his opinion though.Nope you are not the only one who remembered the good quality freeware work that Bill has done in the past. I also saw his MD-11 preview from a couple of years back as being introduced to it by the other MD-11 maniac, Alain Capt. Also MD-11 is now part of BOEING after they were taken over by them so I guess that they are technically part of BOEING unless MD has been bought over by some other company in the last few years. I also liked the MD-11 as my dad almost flew it. His company did lease some but I am guessing due to economic reasons and some of the pilots who did not like the plane they did not buy them in the end. They only leased it for the time period it took for the A330s to arrive due to the crash of the Thai A330 10 over years ago. It was sad that this did not work out to be the succesor of the DC-10s like how the B747-400 took over the baton from the B747-100/200/300s that were a personal favorite of mine but was probably a maintainance nightmare for ground support crews due to the second engine. I would like to see some other flight instrument displays and the MD-11 ones are the in thing now as the B747-400F has been released. I hope that the MD-11 will be released really soon say a mid year release but from the way they worked in the past I am guessing for a year end release from them. But then again they can surprise us this time as there are no other projects that they are working on at the moment. Also there is the AIRBUS idea that is looming around and with a technical advisor to PMDG, I guess that they are all out of excuses for now to avoid doing the NON AMERICAN A320 or A330/ A340. Once again creating another BOEING is much easier than creating the EMBs that has a totally diffent set of flight instruments and for the B777s they can just copy and paste some of the work from the B744s over to the B777s. Personally I do not like the B777s myself as I find the cabins to be noiser and hence uncomfortable on long flights when compared to the A340s. Once again oops...I have frankly admitted my personal preference for long hauls. I wouldnt want to hear "Ladies and Gents..For those sitting on the right hand side of the aircraft..You might have noticed that the engine has failed but no worries as we still can run the remaining SINGLE engine at full blast for the next 180 minutes as ETOPs allows this." I would rather be on a quieter A340 in which case should one engine fail we still have another 3 remaining ones to make it to the diversion airfield or maybe even all the way to the destination in some cases!And on the Triple 7 the nightmare I will still have is that "opps so sorry guys. The remaining engine has failed as well..>PLease get ur life jackets ready and get ready to freeze to death in the icy waters of the artic circle below!".Best regards,Alex G

Guest Peter Wilding

made a mistake

Guest juenas

Look all of you:How does it sounds this:PMDG A340 ohhhhhhI think that is the best to try by PMDG. This is the best team to make A340Please think about an early feature A340