Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Possible new aircraft for PMDG to develop

in my opinion the only 4 engine aircraft worth doing has been done already : the 747-400, cant get much better than that! If i had a choice to buy a PMDG 747 or a PMDG A340 i know which one id pick!untitled.JPG]

>The reason there seem to be so many Airbus 340s around now is>partly down to economics.Most airlines are run by accountants>and Airbus give such good deals its hard to ignore.Jon,A couple of points. Actually as some folks already indicated A340 sells very poorly comparing to 777 and the issue is exactly because of accountants - 777 comes with far better economics. Airbus actually acknowledged it has problem with A340 vis-a-vis the 777.According to the well known aviation publication - Aviation Week and Space Technology your airline actually favors A340 as a matter of principle - because if its 4-engine configuration and trans-oceanic flights. So I don't think Airbus gave you a better deal - it was rather VA's preference for 4-engine aircraft.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest The_Glideslope

>Rhoooooooo Airbus is not french, it's European... but i am french >and surely very suspicious, all americans are spies, i know it ! >lol Lol, yeah it is European... Nevertheless the HQ is in Toulouse, that's not exactly Russia... >So you fly one of those with the autothrottle in all they way>to the ground? Sounds scary!>One of our 340-600 had a tail stike on landing a couple of>years ago,because i think it was the case they had the AP in>and AT out,or maybe it was the other way round, but as a pilot>I like control of both.Why do you feel it's scary? It's pretty safe. I didn't hear about that 340-600 tail strike, perhaps you could show us some pics or news about it?You may remember, however the first 320-100 from Air France that hit the trees after a performance demonstration. Reports indicated the pilot failed to disengage the AT and thus no matter how much input he gave the airplane didn't respond, TOGA was activated too late (you can hear before the crash). Another situation happened when a 330 in early years was pushed to its minimum speeds with full configuration and was hit by a windshear. Airbuses have a condition built in its Fly-By-Wire system (without any action of the pilot or autothrottle) that takes control of the thrust and pitch in case of near stall situations engaging TOGA and achieving a upwards attitude. It's called Alpha Floor. It kicked in during that situation with the 330 not allowing the pilot to correct the aircraft pitch and recover from the windshear and crashed with its tail (nothing more than structural damage, fortunately).Those were isolated incidents that Airbus corrected in time. Nowadays, for example, all airbuses have a "side-stick priority" that enables the pilot to control de aircraft in an emergency situation, faster than you can say "turn off the Auto-Throttle switch"...

just because you and a few others think tehy won't buy a PMDG 777, doesn't preclude that PMDG shouldn't develop it. if there is enough of a demand for a PMDG777, then, supply that demand. I am sure curioustiy will kill your thirst, and make purchase a PMDG 777.PHANTASTIC! Listen, PMDG is Fenomenal. and they are Phabulous. PHAB, I tell you. >>>>>I think everyone agrees that if PMDG decides to make 777-200>>we all gonna be running to them with credit cards ready.>>>>Quite an assumption, Alex, and wrong. I for one definitely>would not.>I already have a fine 777 from "the other company", which I>have flown for MANY hours till now, which surely is not the>same level of detail as PMDG but considering that I paid only>about half the price compared to the Queen I am fine with>that. >>PMDG has a huge choice of phantastic aircraft types to model>and I'm looking forward to see which choice they did.>>

Or in the case of the A/A crash after departing KJFK, the pilot can also over-control the aircraft and cause a structural failure. Here is what happens when a Boeing is over-stressed...Serious incident to Icelandair BOEING 757-200 at Oslo airport Gardermoen Norway 22 January 2002The descent and approach was made in strong tailwind. A change of runway, the strong tail wind and the shortened approach path resulted in the aircraft becoming high on the approach profile. The unstabilized final approach was abandoned at low altitude (580ft), and during the go-around the aircraft entered an extreme manoeuvre with high positive and negative pitch attitudes, and the aircraft exceeded maximum negative and positive g-values. The aircraft reached attitudes of -49degrees to 40degrees and a load factor of +3.59g. The speed limits were exceeded. After the upset the aircraft was flown for another approach and landed at the airport at 11.02. The aircraft structure appeared not to be damaged.http://www.iasa.com.au/folders/Safety_Issues/others/icelanda ir757.htmlInteresting read,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest freelancer

Gentleman,Lets be realistic. PMDG is well known on Boeing's making market. They already have some systems for 777 and Boeings generally speaking due to 73 and 74 already produced.What i mean: Some internal graphics, some of the panel things, gauges possibly, may be more.PMDG 777 will be probably faster to make then any other jet from the scratch. Especially Airbus. Its a completly different approach and philosophy, its totally different sounds, panels, gauges.Not that PMDG cant make it. I think they can make anything that can fly. Only problem is: Airbus will probably take them a full year to develop. We'll all be flying FSX by then probably. And who'll be buying Airbus for FS2004 at that time?I find it hard to press on PMDG for Airbus. PSS is Euro company, they should make Airbus the best they can, especially in light of Airbus Industries answer to PMDG.If some of us feel well with PSS777 i'm happy for them. Most of simmers i talked to, think that their 777 is not what they wanted and not exactly what was advertised by PSS. Yes, it cost a little less then PMDG jets. But if you want quality you'll be paying more for it.If there would be a choice between PSS777 and PMDG777 and PMDG's one would cost even twice more i'd go for PMDG one.Because of realism and quality.Respectfully

Guest Jambo

It seems to me as the argument for either 777 or airbus cant be resolved then the best option is to do what i suggested some posts earlier! Make a biz jet LOL!I love flying on both the boeing and the airbus, and fortunatly get to do both fairly often as my other half is a hostess with Virgin, so now i've got a great 747 to simulate my flights, it would be good to have a great A340 to be able to fill the gap, more airlines use them so perhaps there a bigger market as more international customers would purchase them, as they can fly it in there home livery. PSS airbus does fall short of the Realism mark, and I suppose the problems not getting the data from airbus posses a problem for PMDG, so if that the case then make a Bizjet instead. The 777 is a nice plane, but it really doesnt appeal personally to me, I'd rather fly the Level D 767/757 if thats the road i was going down. (I know the 777 is bigger) Anyhow, regardless of opinion of PSS,PMDG etc, there are 777/A340/767's around to buy, yet apart from the very under developed eagle soft biz jet there really isnt a single one availiable to buy, so I feel this is where the gap should be filled. You do have a choice with the other aircraft, even if all dont come up to the same standards, Biz jets there are no choices virtually at all and yet offer the same technical wonders as the big guns, in sense of systems, havethe scope to have an amazing virtual cockpit and cabin, a virtually unlimitless set of liveries, and open up a greater use online for the extra airports that you can fly these into, and something like the citation x still gives those who love the long haul the ability to do so, or just the short domestc hops.The MD11 will be with us shortly, but as much as i know it will be amazing as PMDG are devolping it, I personally wont buy it, I work as a controller and i hardly ever control one, If im flying something big on or offline, then i'd rather use my 747 or 767. It just seems to me that a 777 would be that case again, Ok im more likely to buy it than the MD11 as it is a seen aircraft, but i'd probably soon find myself back with my 747 or 767 for long haul.Regards as always

Guest A32X

Hi,I too doubt I'll be buying the MD-11 either. Purely because I'm never going to fly one and knowing the level of detail PMDG will put into the MD-11 I don't have the time on my hands to learn all those systems.... Also the MD-11 is pretty rare in the UK/Globally (No UK operators.) Now an Airbus would be something special and popular around the globe, maybe excluding the Japanese market. ;-) Although, this discussion is somewhat pointless as PMDG have stated that they have already decided what aircraft they're making after the MD-11. Whatever aircraft PMDG make I

The_Glideslope, The Airbus A320 is a Landmark in Aviation History! The first Civilian Fly-by-Wire planeConcorde was the first FBW commercial airliner.We work closely with a number of contacts within Airbus, though this is possibly only because our aircraft no longer holds a CoA! As macpac22 wrote, it

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

An A320. That would be superb.Eric

Eric 

Guest The_Glideslope

>Concorde was the first FBW commercial airliner.I meant DIGITAL Fly-By-Wire. Thank you for the correction.Concorde was the first ANALOG Civillian FBW.

I think the Boeing vs Airbus debate will forever exist, everyone has their favorites. But I really hate to see so much animosity when it comes to PMDG vs PSS vs Wilco vs CaptainSim vs Level-D! I have my favorites yes, but its the compition that drives companies to deliver products that are more realistic. I don't feel that the actual companies have issues with each other; I hear some of the PMDG staff tell others not to dis other companies for their products. Level-D makes a FANTASTIC 767-300 and soon 757, as a mater of fact I would love Level-D and PMDG to work together to create a 767-400ER. That could happen if PMDG does a 777 for the 764 uses a modified 777 FMC. There are a lot of aircraft out there and there is room for them to find a niche and produce someone's favorite. There are a lot no-one has done, for one I would love a Boeing 307 Stratoliner or a Fairchild Dornier 328Jet. I would even buy a BAe/Avro 146, but I think the older versions don't have glass cockpits except the -300; but the RJs do. (Not sure???) Or how about Bombardier CRJ's, Boeing 717, or EMBRAER RJs. As you can see, there is a lot of room for everyone to exist. PMDG as good as they are would not be as great if they did every plane in the sky for it takes time to develop talent and product. We as the Flight Sim community need to suport these companies, if not could you image the days when we only had the default aircraft and very rudimentry scenery. Microsoft does not have the time or the dedication to design & develop every aircraft that is someone's favorite. Most of the people in PMDG/PSS/LDS/CS and the multitude of Freeware developers do it becuase of the love of it. I don't think any of them are making Bill Gates money by doing it, it is a passion that drives them and I for one feel we should reward them to keep their dream and passion ALIVE.

Guest adameke777

Embraer 170Adam

personally, i akin the boeing/airbus rivalry to be like the yankees/redsox rivalry.despite the bosox's one series win, they're still small fry in IMHO. not to say that airbus is small fry, but it's just preference in the end, and economics, isn't it?also, i think it's just what one is used to. i like boeings, and i am not american. i shoot nikon only. it doesn't mean that canon isn't good. it's just not AS good as nikon. :(|tomax

Guest ags

An Embraer 170 would be really nice. When it comes to heavies, I'm dreaming of an excruciatingly realistic 777.