Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Possible new aircraft for PMDG to develop

Guest The_Glideslope

I have to disagree when people here state that Airbus does not allow info on their aircraft to be released. Wilco managed to get their hands on system's engineers, pilots and data for the 320 and could create a fully functional Airbus with all systems modeled, unfortunately they were never great designers and have a special "gift" to avoid realism.Furthermore, I know a bunch of people who fly the PSS since there's no REALLY interesting Airbus around. But this is a FS2002 model. I know people who would "kill" for a proper airbus.B777? Are you really making the error that Level D, PSS and CaptainSim did by developing an airplane (757) ALREADY being done by others? That's suicide in terms of marketing since I won't buy three similar planes. CaptainSim won the battle because they released it sooner... Do you think that people who purchased the PSS 777 would buy PMDG 777? I don't think so.737NG, 744, 744F, MD-11, B1900C/D in FS9, PMDG were pioneers! I think any other boeing would be great, but what the community is waiting is SOMETHING REALLY NEW with the same quality as the previous packages ALSO REALLY NEW.Airbus 320 FamilyAirbus 330Airbus 340-600(All similar panels really)Embraer 170/190Why not make an upgrade of the Queen for the 747-800... SWEET!!

Guest pavvyben

"Do you think that people who purchased the PSS 777 would buy PMDG 777? I don't think so"I do, to say the least there version is crapBen

There are no fantastic (read: done by PMDG) biz jets available. I bought the eaglesoft jets, but never fly them anymore as the 2D panels are just not crisp enough (kudos to Flight1 for their fairly simple but oh-so-clean and effective Cessna 441 Conquest II) and they are otherwise just not quite fantastic.Please do one of these in PMDG perfection,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>But no more BOEING for a while!>I think after 3 series of BOEINGS in a row,Alex,The MD-11 is NOT Boeing! It is Douglas, and Douglas is as unique as Airbus is in terms of systems and procedures. You will see when you fly it, trust me on this one :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest freelancer

Guys,Agree on that simple fact:Any plane PMDG makes is a little high of price but what a wonderful quality!I was a little bushy on a start on PMDG for their price policies but hey, they make it so good quality i'm loving to pay for it.Coz i know they make the birds right and no second thoughts if i want the bird or not. I want it! :)I think everyone agrees that if PMDG decides to make 777-200 we all gonna be running to them with credit cards ready.One thing for sure. PMDG will have to order best servers to withstand the overload of hungry 777 pilots. :DBest dream for FS:Ready for take off with PMDG777-200 :-)Can't even imagine what that bird could be. But it would be fantastic!

>>I think everyone agrees that if PMDG decides to make 777-200>we all gonna be running to them with credit cards ready.>Quite an assumption, Alex, and wrong. I for one definitely would not.I already have a fine 777 from "the other company", which I have flown for MANY hours till now, which surely is not the same level of detail as PMDG but considering that I paid only about half the price compared to the Queen I am fine with that. PMDG has a huge choice of phantastic aircraft types to model and I'm looking forward to see which choice they did.

Guest wayupthere

"Plane" and simple, This community NEEDS an RJ85/BAe146 with VC and all the bells and whistles. Sooooo, why not have one of the best developers give us that bird ;) evenmore because we allready have the 777, 767, 747-400 and the Grandma version (-200) etc.. so many heavies, we need a JUMBOLino since you guys allready gave us the JUMBO :(ps. as for running to get a 777, i too will NOT run to get my CC, since also "the other" developer suits me just fine

Guest AeroFox

My vote is for Airbus, Any Airbus like 320 330 or 340 is fine.We already have lots of Boeing aircrafts around.

Guest D17S

Oh yea. Go team! Since you will have already done 90% of the work, that cute little 717 might be a good follow on.

I would really like PMDG to finish the projects they are doing so very well, for example add a weatherradar to the planes. Allthough RealityX makes a good radar, it would be great to see a radar integrated on the ND.As for a new plane - there are lot of interesting planes other than the B772:DASH 7, Il-96, An-124, C-17, BAe ATPTorben

Guest The_Glideslope

FACT: Number of quality Boeings:PMDG 737NGPMDG 744/744FReady for Pushback 742Level D 763ERPSS 777 (sort of good, better than nothing)Wilco 733/734 (Not as good as PMDG)LevelD/CaptainSim/PSS 757FACT:Number of quality Airbuses:NoneZeroNadaALSO FACT:The only company that can produce quality add-ons is PMDG. RESOLUTION:Based on these facts, I can only see advantages on doing an Airbus next. The problem is, I sense on the board users the good old American spirit that relegates Airbus to a secondary stage. This is not a critic, but I believe you should give Airbus a chance. Take a good look on how Airbus is populating the skies.In fact USAF has picked the A330 to be next Air-tanker, replacing the KC-135. Coast Guard as applied to EADS to make a proposition to replace their aging Hercules with the new A400M and the Dolphins with the new EH-101 Merlin. Even the US President will no longer use his Sikorsky trading it for the new EH-101 VIP model.These are good indicators on how the tide is changing

These arguments about Boeing and Airbus can go on forever.Here's my solution to this.PMDG, please create a simple poll on your website, where we can all have one vote (with registered email address) on the plane we would like to see you guys do next. (Maybe with 1st & 2nd choice for release afeter that) I would suggest you do not release the live results, as this will give compeditors a free marketing research lead.This will give you great insight into your customer's and future customer's demand to supply to. Simple.AnthonyCape TownSouth AfricaPS If PMDG does not do this, maybe someone with good web authoring skills can set such a poll up. I'll be happy to be part of it.

you have to look at different variables when deciding to recreate a realitic aircraft in FS. Just look at the MD-11, PMDG had access to a MD-11 simulator and im sure they have pilots who have flown the MD11 onboard in the BETA phase. Its all about contacts id imagine and access to data and cooperation with the manufacturers IF you want to get the job done right. Look at the 747-400 on nearly every update we have seen changes made based on Boeings feedback and 747 pilots. Could we get that kind of cooperation on an Airbus? Would they have access to an Airbus simulator? all these factors are important i believe. I cant wait to see how the MD-11 turns out :)

I would really love to see an Airbus of some description - perhaps an A320?There is absoultely no competition anymore, the PSS A320 is still good, but outdated unfortunately.

Find Airbus pilots "found of" FS is not really difficult i think...Find a simulator is maybe a little bit more difficult.About Airbus not helpfull or not authorizing FS add-on, well... PSS made Airbus planes so we can't say they do not authorize... Moreover, it seems an A320 will be available in FS X so maybe Airbus now knows more about FS and the community around it... it can be a significant difference.A poll ? Why not but i think PMDG knows exactly which plane will come next... In addition, a poll would not be fair, votes will be more distributed between Airbus planes than between Boeing ones. People who want a Boeing will vote for the 717, 757 (unlikely) or 777 and massively for the 777 i think... People who want an Airbus have a lot of choices (A318, 319, 320, 321, 330, 340) and votes will be very distributed... As a consequence, it's very likely that the 777 will obtain more votes than any other plane even if Airbus has more votes. Yeah but people who want an Airbus, even if they vote for the 320 (for example) would be happier to have a 340 PMDG than a 777 PMDG just to have at least ONE excellent (almost perfect) Airbus plane, to have a different point of view... to change. It's hard for me to explain what i think but am i clear ? do you see what i mean ?Well, time for me to vote now : A318, A319, A320, A321, A330 or A340 (preference for -500 or -600... too bad Air France doesn't have any)... small preference for the A320.My english isn't very good i think, so sorry and please correct me if i made mistakes.Vincent