Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirk1000

Type Rating Course program will continue?

>550 (a 6.5 M. U$D plane) where the cost of the Course was>21.000 U$D, You have to be careful when writing for US audience. This could be misunderstood as $21. "21,000" is what you probably meant.>What will be the cost of a Rating Course for fly a plane of 200 M. >U$S? May be 500,000 U$D?Hardly. A type rating course for a 737 is around $20,000 (in the US) if I am not mistaken. There is no law of "proportionality" to the value of the aircraft.>My question: How can PMDG put in the add-on market a so>sophisticated and complex aircraft without complete and good>learning materialsHow? This is a "gaming" market created around the MSFS series. This is not your commercial flight simulator market. People here buy such products for variety of reasons - only fraction of buyers here demand absolute fidelity and care even to look for it. Sounds to me like you woke up yesterday and discovered about the MSFS and PMDG but on the other hand it looks like you joined this forum in 2003. ;)>What I mean with these observations is that the Type Rating>Course can

Guest dirk1000

Hi Michael,>>>You have to be careful when writing for US audience. This could be misunderstood as >$21. "21,000" is what you probably meant.<<

>And I ask you, when you go to buy the next PMDG MD>11, what is better for you: wait for another 6 months for>receive the corresponding TRC or pay 5 or 10 dollar more Dirk,I finally understand your point. But I don't think you are necessarily right. Paying for something doesn't guarantee you will get it sooner. If I had a field of strawberries then definitely offering a good daily wage I would have them picked up sooner but in this case since RR is the one who runs the company and writes those lessons - I don't the same logic applies. Also being in this "gaming" market you should have noticed one thing - it is very price sensitive, what YOU may offer for something doesn't guarantee that 10,000 others would follow.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest dirk1000

Hi Michael,I will confess you that writing English is not my strong point. I do the best I can do for make me understand. If you could see my desktop

Guest dirk1000

Hi Mike, >I wasn't the one asking about it.< Asking about it, I think, is not an impudent thing. I believe the silence and the apparent indifference (involved in the silence) is worst than asking about it.What a better thing for a teacher than a demonstrated interest feedback of their students? Don

>Asking about it, I think, is not an impudent thing. I believe>the silence and the apparent indifference (involved in the>silence) is worst than asking about it.Dirk, my posting that had nothing to do with if it was okay for you to post this thread. It had to do with what John said. ;) I think you're taking my and others post a little too seriously.As was said above, don't approach this forum as your Citation rating course.

I have checked out these boards for the next lesson every weekend since the first TRC came out. Humbly waiting for then next issue. It must be a huge free-time project for Captain Randazzo, but he has the support and admiration of all of us here, something you can't buy for money in your life.Respectfully bumping.Dirk. :)

I feel a bit silly asking this question... but 4 type rating courses are out!? I only see 1 to 3 on the PMDG website?????!??? Could you tell me where they are?FYI folks.. I've been writing a tutorial that covers a full flight from start (planning) to finish (cold and dark at LAX) EGLL to KLAX.. It's fully illustrated and quite detailed (in the constrains of my current knowledge). I want to put it on the PMDG site WKD thingy wotsit... but I'm trying to reduce the size, due to images etc it's going to be over 15MB and 160 pages in length. I've tried to make it cover as MUCH as possible, but it is constrained to what I know so I am hoping all you guys and girls and be the editors for me...I've covered from planning.. fuel and flight plan.. Atlantic tracks.. and ATC with regard to those (a little).. step climbs.. alternate airports.. SIDs .. STARS.. how to read taxi instructions.. Also including all the detail surrounding cockpit prep checklists flight etc.. It's as comprehensive as I could make it..There are a couple of mistakes so far, but before I do a major first version, I wanted some feedback on what is already there.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

>I feel a bit silly asking this question... but 4 type rating>courses are out!? I only see 1 to 3 on the PMDG>website?????!??? Could you tell me where they are?>>FYI folks.. I've been writing a tutorial that covers a full>flight from start (planning) to finish (cold and dark at LAX)>EGLL to KLAX.. It's fully illustrated and quite detailed (in>the constrains of my current knowledge). I want to put it on>the PMDG site WKD thingy wotsit... but I'm trying to reduce>the size, due to images etc it's going to be over 15MB and 160>pages in length. I've tried to make it cover as MUCH as>possible, but it is constrained to what I know so I am hoping>all you guys and girls and be the editors for me...>>I've covered from planning.. fuel and flight plan.. Atlantic>tracks.. and ATC with regard to those (a little).. step>climbs.. alternate airports.. SIDs .. STARS.. how to read taxi>instructions.. Also including all the detail surrounding>cockpit prep checklists flight etc.. It's as comprehensive as>I could make it..>>There are a couple of mistakes so far, but before I do a major>first version, I wanted some feedback on what is already>there.>>Cheers>>CraigCan you upload the beta or parts ot it? Otherwise how would you get a feedback? :)

Yeah I know, I've not quite finished yet.. it's close but not quite there..So what is the 4th TRC lesson?Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

It's about LNav/VNav, and is available at the PMDG site, on the news items

Hey,Ok just a quick suggestion.... Could PMDG please put this Tutorial with all the others in their 747 download section.. I periodically check the site and the download section for updates and liveries etc... on there.. there is no TRC 4.. and TRC 1 to 3 are "new" aparently too.. heheIncidentally I had the 4th TRC.. but it had been that long ago I completely forgot about it...Another thing, is there going to be an updated manual with the revisions for the FMC in it? HOLD for example is missing.. I believe..That is no slight, but these are features PMDG took the time to program, I would want to tell everyone about them!CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Now then GentsWhat's all the fuss about. The delay suits me fine, it will give Boeing a chance to repair all the aircraft I have damaged during TRC 1-2-3-4 and we havn't even started hand flying approaches and landings! By the time I've finished the course I will have written off more 747s than have ever been made. LOLRgdsSteveLincoln UK

>Now then Gents>What's all the fuss about. The delay suits me fineThe delay has suspended all further B747 operations in my hungar in expectation of the next important TRC section - descend and landing.Cheers,Dirk.