Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

The Latest Java from Cafe PMDG...

Will the 737NGX FMC navdata and procedures reuse the existing text data format or is there a change? One one hand, I hope for a transition to AIRINC standards but recognize that a change involves backward-compatibility with current FMCWP NAVDATA and SIDSTARS. If there is a change, can I get access to the new language construct?

Dan Downs KCRP

call me crazy, and a 747-400F fanatic.. but I am looking forward to this sound update more than anything else there (OK a close second is flying the MD-11F around in my favorite liveries, UPS, Eva, Fedex, Gemini, etc)

Guest Babubhai

I say just make the 747-400 into a new product! with even more new features.....

>As for the MD-11.. I think personally.. if it were me.. and my>own opinion.. creating a sim of this level for an out of date>software architecture and product.. that is built for a soon>to be out of date operating system.. would be an uneconomical>move in effort and money terms.. and not in the customers>interests either..Great post Craig. Hopefully some people will now understand a bit more why PMDG hasn't commited 100% to a FS9 release.

Whatever PMDG decides to do, I'll support them 100%, even if it means that I won't get to enjoy the MD-11 until I have a graphics card update or a new computer to run FSX.Tim

I would rather have them focus on an FSX only MD-11, personally.

>Will the sound update for the 747 be free? Probably an>obvious answer, just want to check to be sure.Yes - for both 400F and pax customers - both will have the same soundset now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Will the 737NGX FMC navdata and procedures reuse the existing>text data format or is there a change? One one hand, I hope>for a transition to AIRINC standards but recognize that a>change involves backward-compatibility with current FMCWP>NAVDATA and SIDSTARS. If there is a change, can I get access>to the new language construct?I don't think we've made a decision on this yet... The problem with using ARINC 424 standards is that they aren't easily created from scratch without the use of some sort of GUI editor front end. One of the best things about our format IMO is that it's natural language and anyone can learn to make procedures in a half hour or so. I can't see us going away from that too much - just look at the number of custom procedures that are available for ours and LDS's (which lets you make them easily in the FMC without coding) and something like PSS or FeelThere, who use the arcane ARINC codes.Can you email me a specific list of what you'd like to see implemented? I have a couple myself too... we'll start a list! rmaziarz@preciscionmanuals.com

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gents-Thanks for your support and understanding on the MD11 issue and the general "lack" of information sharing we've subjected you to during the past few months.Craig hit the nail right on the head: We are carefully considering the pro's and con's while also trying to ensure we don't make any decisions that would ultimately hamper the product, the customer or it's market performance.Since Simming is a hobby for nearly everyone here (and a passion for some!) and since the PMDG team elects to interact directly here with all of you- sometimes people have a tendency to forget that ultimately we are running a business- and we can't always do everything we want exactly in the way we'd want. So it matters a great deal to me that you guys understand the constraints we are operating with.We are rewarded for making good decisions by your loyalty and support- so I assure you that we are well motivated to consider all options carefuly in order to make the right decisions. ;-)As we have more information, we'll share!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,FIGAWI was also imortalised as the name of an Indian tribe in 'F-Troop'.Also, thanks for the update.NeilYPAD

Guest JTH

Personally I don't think ye guys should bother working the MD-11 for FS2004. Like you said, it takes up time, inhibits features, and by the time it comes out almost everyone here will have upgraded to FSX anyway (add-ons by both you and other companies will dictate this).

Guest Brentmt

I am disappointed that the MD-11 may not be available for FS9...Brent Turner

Guest john ramos

hello all,thanks pmdg for the update on where you stand. i have enjoyed the amazing 737ng for fs9 for a while and am sad to learn there will be no upgrade to fsx but instead another whole new 737, realizing however that there are new features in fsx. its sad to be placing the 737 in the hangar(not keen on the idea of purchasing another 737...) after definate transition to fsx. the release of a new a320 for fsx seems nice for a narrow body option but personaly im a boeing lover. all this to ask if it is at all in your distant plans to create the ultimate 777 for fsx?best regards john