Sign in to follow this  
Guest zsoltszivak744

PMDG 777 request

Guest zsoltszivak744

Hello all, I know PMDG is extremely busy with the MD-11 and FSX products, I also figure the 777 is not planned as of yet, but I would like to see how many of you all would love to see the T7 get the PMDG treatment. I know PMDG won't let us down. Best to all and thanks to PMDG for their outstanding products.Zsolt

If you look in the A380 post below I brought this very thing up.. Currently PMDG are doing the MD-11 and then the 747 and 737 upgrades to FSX and then the A320.. I think really they should wait and see how Airliner XP's A320 does before they commit to working on that.. If their A320 is very successful it will probably mean the PMDG have missed the boat on the Airbus front.. and switching their concentration to the 777 would be a much better idea..Like I said before.. the products that would really shift would be.. the 747-400LCF and ER... a 747-400PAX, LCF, ER, and F fuel planner.. that perhaps integrates with FSBuild and Activesky? The new FSX 747 and the new FSX 737... The MD-11 will make some very good sales too I imagine.. but I think the A320 at the moment is a risky move.. bearing in mind Airliner XP's A320 is only a couple of months away now..To capture the market it's really about producing aircraft to this quality level that no one else has.. Level-D have the 767.. PMDG the 737, 747 and soon MD-11... Airliner XP will probably take the A320 and A330.. (not sure about the A340.. but it's announced on their development list).. I would agree with you.. the 777 is a much better move.. the market for that is untapped when considering aircraft of PMDG standards.. I would certainly pay top dollar for it.. Wilco have released a 777 but it's not something I would consider buying.. it doesn't really fit my requirements and I don't believe (from what I've heard and read) it's up to PMDG standards.. So the 777 is a definite gap in the market that could be exploited..I think the 777 is a better move.. along with perhaps a look at Embraer (again not found anything there either) as a different slant and untapped market? Or the Boeing Business Jet? Moving into a new market would certainly be more cost effective.. As far as I am aware no one does Embraer to the detailed standard of PMDG.. there are business opportunities here for them I think.. Just think of the product line747 (all models), 737 (all models), MD-11 (all models), 777 (all models) and then adding Embraer.. or maybe even something like a modern military cargo carrier.. A400M? And coupled with supporting tools.. WELL.. it would be a pretty aswome catalogue I think.. PMDG would be the most diverse of the high quality aircraft developers.. Once they've exhausted those.. perhaps then develop a rival to Airliner XP..I guess it depends on where they want to go with their business.. Perhaps there are too many long haul jets? And customers want more short haul jets? I don't know.. perhaps they've done a market survey.. I don't really know..Just a view :)Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest captaingrice

I have to agree with Craig here. There isn't a top quality (by which I mean PMDG or Level-D) 777 even in the planning. It appears Airliner XP will take care of the Airbus family on that front and Level-D will eventually release the 757 series.Obviously I don't want to get ahead of myself as the Airliner XP model isn't released yet so I can't form an opinion. But watching the videos and reading the features, it looks like an amazing model.Personally, after the MD-11, FSX upgrades for the 737 and 747 models, I think the 777 is the way to go. My opinion is that it would be a commercial success for PMDG, and fill the gap in the market for us simmers.Thanks,

Guest Peter Lloyd

I agree with both of you. For those of us who flew the PMDG 777 for Fly! it was the best of all the available add-ons at the time (after the PMDG 757 and 767).I'm sure that a lot of the work has already been done for the 777, and maybe we can ask them REALLY nicely to do an FS version for us.Kind regardsPeter

Guest poschrob

To be honest, I'd also love to see the 777 "in PMDG colors".But this topic has been discussed already several times. The development team has their hands full at the moment. Not showing every small detail of the development status of a plane doesn't mean that development progress has stopped/slowed down.I have to agree with the posts that mentioned the Airliner XP Airbus. As it will be available for both platforms (fs9 & x) I'm quite sure that there'll be a huge demand for it, as many simmers (including me) won't upgrade to fsx in the foreseeable future [PMDG plans to release its version only for fsx]. Not to mention all the details that are shown and will be modelled... I'm absolutely sure that PMDG can also do and modell those things at the same level, but why should they if a competitor has already (well, more accurately, almost) finished it?I think it's a pure marketing issue. IMO, provided there are 2 high-quality products which are actually the same, more customers will consider buying the first one because of very simple reasons:#1: the upcoming one will be in all probability more expensive#2: not every simmer is "brand loyal"The (current) situation with the T7 is different. At the moment there is no T7 for FS that meets the expected quality standards. Two companies have released different variants of the T7. I recommend you reading their forums. There are lots of bugs (especially the one I also own and the company name consists of 3 letters) and the buyers are really disappointed.I really think you (being the market leader FS Boeing add-on company with your released products so far) should continue the Boeing product line.I really do hope that all the above mentioned will be taken into consideration by this superb company!Regards and many thanks for your outstanding work,Robert

I think PMDG should make a biz jet... like a Falcon 50 or 900 ;)

This thread has happened many times before - we're well aware of the requests for a 777... no need to fill another thread with it guys. :D

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest zsoltszivak744

Just making sure you haven't forgotten.Cheers: Zsolt

Exactly so Zsolt - it is always good to know what the customers with money are thinking.Gerry

Well this customers thinking C-17 Globemaster III.Nobody has done a decent one yet and its an aircraft that will out live all the above IMO.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I must admit I too would like a PMDG quality 772 as well. But lets face it, PMDG is already under a lot of pressure with their MD-11 project and the setbacks caused by FSX. With all the requests for a 772, I'm sure it'll end up next on the development list. Just give them time to finish the current projects. Trust me, when those are released, we'll have enough to keep us occupied until a PMDG quality 777 is released.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest visualchaosfx

I agree with those who say they aren't upgrading to FSX. I mean I spent some money just getting my computer to run FS9 at the settings I wanted to fly on. Its way better now. I actually purchased and tried out FSX on my upgraded computer thinking it could handle it. Nope. Flying with the settings all the way to the left is a little gay ya know. FSX is good interms of eye candy, if you wanna call it that, but I more interested in performance, simming. The PMDG products essential make my dreams come true of being in control of a jet liner thats modeled right after their real world counterparts. The 747 is my favorite jet. Yeah I also bought and fly the 737 but my passion has always been the B747. Why? I have no freakin idea lol. And some day, when the money is right, I'd like to put together a 747 simpit just so I can experience what its like to be in a cockpit. I just can't picture myself buying other aircrafts from anywhere else. I was looking at the A380 on another website. I forget what site is was but its a payware aircraft. The panels looked really hacked together. The VC just didn't have the detail and quality like you find on a PMDG jet. The overhead panel didn't impress me either since it looked like only a few areas of the overhead panel are actually useable.You buy a PMDG jet and you get the whole nine yards. Thats whats so cool.Lee Alexander

I was just thinking about all those who said they'll probably be ready for FSX when FS11 is released. Thinking about all the heat MS is probably taking about not improving things like ground handling, ATC, flight models, and totally screwing performance, FS11 will probably be the one we actually want anyway.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

I'd love to see either a prop like the DH-6 Twin Otter or the Boeing C-17 Globemaster. Neither of these aircraft have been done anywhere near accurately.

I am dreaming about a 747-8 simulation for FS :) In a few years this plane is out and available in real aviation so a decent simulator would be great.Matyas