Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

01SEP07: So What Happens Next? (Repost)

This is great news. I will definitely consider your products in the future, and I hope that they are a success :)

FS9 support is excellent news. Thanks Mr Randazzo and PMDG!

>> What's on about AIRBUS 32X? Does it will be compatible with>FS9 too?That's way in the future past the NG 2.0... We'll say more after we get further along with the NG.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest johntren

The initial post by the development team was, IMHO, a perfect model of how these things should be handled. The respect you show your loyal customer base is heartily reciprocated, as I'm sure you must have realized long ago.Many thanks for this thorough update.John Trenhaile

All of this is great great news! I will be buying (as always) all of your products, 747 for FSX too, although I don't think it will be the main flying plane for me. I am using SB3 + BAV online systems, which are not yet compatible with FSX. And my FSX performance is too low for me to enjoy it properly, giving my FS9 a big graphical advantage. So decisions to make all aircraft for FS9 is a *big* plus for me.So, I'm awaiting new aircraft for FS9 with great expectations! :)Greetings to all of you at PMDG.PS: Please do repair night-panel (the non-flood lighting) graphics in 747! You might remind yourself to my numerous posts from the time when 747 came out. :)

Gentlemen,All this bowing and scraping to what is after all a commercial enterpise is most unseemly. May I remind you that the 744X is not out yet and the long suffering MD 11 is still months away not barring accidents. Perspective chaps, perspective. We have been here before haven't we and after all this is just another announcement not a product release.Gerry

Guest rafapiloto175

Nice, very nice news...Maybe the PMDG Airbus will be seing in the fs9 also?:)Thanks again!Two thumbs up for PMDG!!!Rafael Leite

Guest spools

>Gentlemen,>>All this bowing and scraping to what is after all a commercial>enterpise is most unseemly. May I remind you that the 744X is>not out yet and the long suffering MD 11 is still months away>not barring accidents. Perspective chaps, perspective. We have>been here before haven't we and after all this is just another>announcement not a product release.>>Gerry>>I agree. I read a post on one site where continual announcements of upcoming product launches are one technique employed to detract potential customers from purchasing competitor products.There's no doubt as to the quality of PMDG products, but personally I'm of the view the announcements by PMDG are a commercial tactic rather than customer service.Graham

Guest WEA-JHD

Great news and what a great decision! However, i have one question about the MD-11 FS9 version.Do you intend to include wing views in Virtual cockpit or will it be just like the 747 with no wing views at all?RegardsJan

>>All this bowing and scraping to what is after all a>>commercial enterpise is most unseemly. May I remind you >Gerry>>>I agree. I read a post on one site where continual>announcements of upcoming product launches are one technique>employed to detract potential customers from purchasing>competitor products.>>There's no doubt as to the quality of PMDG products, but>personally I'm of the view the announcements by PMDG are a>commercial tactic rather than customer service.>>GrahamGraham,If you had been around for a while, you would have understood that we as a PMDG community have been asking for more communication from PMDG. When they oblige, you and others slam them. What is the point and what is your point? Gerry,If folks want to express thankful consideration regarding something that is important to them why does that incite you to respond negatively? This forum is for a wide variety of folks with different backgrounds and motivations for communicating. It might be for gaining more tech knowledge or simply to pass some retirement time connecting to others who share a common interest. Let

The way this whole thing was advertised by the pmdg team was just plain wrong and disrespectful to its customers. There was absolutely nothing in this post that warranted over 1 weeks warning and sensationalized the way that it was. People across the globe were sitting up until midnight to see the announcment which in the end was nothing more than just another update. There was no release dates, no pricing and not even an updated pic from any of the products.Granted the move back to fs9 and the update in general is great and much appreciated by everyone. Considering the lack of updates of late it could have been done without the hype.Gary

...well...some of your loyal customers were fairly dissapointed by all this "september the first" hype, when we read Roberts old "news" spiced with a couple of new "dual platform" decissions.....a fair bunch of new screenshots to go with the old news could and will be appreciated.Looking forward to your future products - that is the 737NG2 and an A320 .All the best - Jesper

>The way this whole thing was advertised by the pmdg team was>just plain wrong and disrespectful to its customers. There was>absolutely nothing in this post that warranted over 1 weeks>warning and sensationalized the way that it was. People across>the globe were sitting up until midnight to see the>announcment which in the end was nothing more than just>another update. There was no release dates, no pricing and not>even an updated pic from any of the products.>>Granted the move back to fs9 and the update in general is>great and much appreciated by everyone. Considering the lack>of updates of late it could have been done without the hype.Considering that PMDG had originally decided to stop production of FS9 products, they thought that it was worth telling us that they've reconsidered. How could you be upset at that? People were told that there wouldn't be any products being released on Sept. 1 and PMDG said over and over again that they don't give out release dates in case something goes wrong and it's postponed. And updated pictures from the MD-11 were released in another thread. The 737NG and A320 is still on the back burner and I'm sure there isn't much to show except a gauge or two. As far as the 747X, it's still a 747. They have tons of shots floating around here anyway.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

I am happy to read the the MD-11 and 737NG will be FS9 compatible, FSX is to demanding for my system. I'll have the patience to wait a little longer since I know it will be worth the wait.Thanks,David DD

I had an idea about pricing the MD-11, I know it doesn't mean much but I thought I'd share it anyway because I think it is somewhat fair to both parties, and with add-on prices going up exponentially maybe PMDG could take these ideas under consideration. The customer chooses what version they want, FS9 or FSX and they pay $50 or whatever for it, then, optionally at anytime they can pay another $10 or $15 to have either backwards compatability, or forwards compatability. Like if I'm a die hard FS9 user I would just pay the $50 for the FS9 model, but at anytime if I wanted to try it in FSX I could pony up the $10 and get the FSX version as well. And if I buy the FSX version but find it really doesn't run as well as I'd hoped, I can go back to FS9 by paying the $10. I suppose the alternatives to this would be having a flat price of $70 or whatever for both versions, but that makes people pay for something they may not want, like an FSX version or vice versa. The other alternative would be the usual $50 for both versions, but after the frustrating journey the MD-11 has gone through you guys probably want more than that for your efforts, so that doesn't seem likely to me.