Sign in to follow this  
Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

a/p not working after landing at destination airport then taking off again.

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

i dont know if this is an already covered question.But when i have successfuly landed on my destination airport, turn off the engines and establishing ground power again when i want to fly to another destination, when i takeoff again, a/p just seems to not work, i cant click the buttons and apprently it tries to establish at another altitude my guess is the initial approach altitude for some reason after landing (the first time) it disables the a/p for other flights any ideas?

Say type aircraft?There's some old threads in here about this problem in the 737NG. My problem was A/T disengaging and throttles retarding right after rotation.Regardless of type, be sure to re-enter origin/destination locations, make sure APP/DEP are cleared and the route deleted before entering new route data. The FMC doesn't clear itself after completing a route.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

thats curious i read a threat on how to delete the old course, i did and same thing happened. However i will try to erase the whole FMC and reset it to see how it goes.

Hello OmnipotenceCould I suggest going through the engine start-up sequence in the manuals.Or alternatively you could do this with the checklists available among them.Concerning the FMC when you've landed, on the ground reset everything possible.It's pretty hard to make a guess but I suspect it has something to do with your after engine start procedure. For instance do you turn your generators on? Do you swicth your yaw damper on?This bird is very complexe, I remember having similar problems because I was so excited about her, I initially didn't go through the manuals :)Hope this helpsRegards

This is just a thought, but did you cycle the flight director(s) off and then on again? I remember something similar coming up on the forum a while back. Hope this helpsPeter

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

>Hello Omnipotence>>Could I suggest going through the engine start-up sequence in>the manuals.>Or alternatively you could do this with the checklists>available among them.>>Concerning the FMC when you've landed, on the ground reset>everything possible.>>It's pretty hard to make a guess but I suspect it has>something to do with your after engine start procedure. For>instance do you turn your generators on? Do you swicth your>yaw damper on?>>This bird is very complexe, I remember having similar problems>because I was so excited about her, I initially didn't go>through the manuals :)>>Hope this helps>>Regardswell yes i know how to startup with the manuals i mean not as precise of the manuals since every airline has a different procedure, but yes i turn the damper, hidraulics, apu first then generators.The thing is that after the information i have recived from you apparently u have to reset the whole flight in order to work on a second flight which is a bummer, since you have to como all over it again.P.S: i havent tried the flight director switch thing ill try it up ;).

>well yes i know how to startup with the manuals i mean not as>precise of the manuals since every airline has a different>procedure, but yes i turn the damper, hidraulics, apu first>then generators.>>The thing is that after the information i have recived from>you apparently u have to reset the whole flight in order to>work on a second flight which is a bummer, since you have to>como all over it again.>>P.S: i havent tried the flight director switch thing ill try>it up ;).>Yep, could have something to do with the FD. I mean it's so hard to guess what's wrong, there are so many possibilities.Keep us posted though, could be something I'm not aware of.;-)regards

Change the NAV1 frequency so you are not tuned to the ILS you landed on ?Peter

Peter Schluter

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

hey guys thank you very much for your support, i came up with something, its about the F/D, just turn it on and off (guess to reload the data on HSI and stuff.1. delete all previous routes by overwritng it on the FMC.2. turn off the F/D then turn it on.

Hey, OmnipotenceJust to be cheeky, it's in the checklists (Taxi-in), you switch off the FD's. :-lol happy landings

I didn't ever see a mention of aircraft type in this thread. But if it's the 737NG I can attest that it's no problem resetting the FMC and continuing the flight after a first leg, without reloading the aircraft or restarting FS.After arriving at the gate, simply delete the origin airport, and then enter all of the new information for the next leg. Don't forget to hit exececute when needed.As long as you follow the checklist you will have no problem with any of the systems on the next flight. I sometimes do six legs during ATP Experience flight night events without ever reloading the aircraft or restarting the sim.I can't speak for the 747 because, although I own it, I've never installed it. But I can't imagine that you couldn't do the same thing with that aircraft.

Dave Paige

About the F/D's:I don't know about the 747, but in the 737, when pilots go to manual during final approach, F/D's are recycled (of and on). If you don't, the go-around maneuvre might prove to get worrying when engaging the A/P again :)Off course, when you fly a dual coupled approach, you don't recycle the F/D's untill the A/P is disabled by the aircraft (after touchdown).Best Regards,Bert.

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

its interesting you came up with that i found out that, which is dangerous btw, in a failed a approach.bottom line: turn off the F/d in final????

When going to manual (disengaging A/P), recycle the F/D's, yes.Best Regards.Bert.

>When going to manual (disengaging A/P), recycle the F/D's,>yes.Hello Bert, Is this SOP or does it depend on the type of approach? (ILS or non precision) What is the reason of this? I've seen quite a few cockpit videos of 737NG's, usually on the glideslope they disengage A/P at around 500FT, but I'm sure they don't recycle the FD's, maybe I'm missing something.Thank you in advance for your replyRegards