Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onurksn

Forum issues during MD-11 release

I just noticed it too. Now ain't that quality customer support, thanks for the hint.:D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I also noticed the forums slowing down, I think it is getting packed full of people as excited about the MD-11 as I am!! :)

I am guessing the anticipation of the release may have something to do with the avsim servers being slow. I know I have contributed to that. Thanks for the heads up and oooooooooohhhhh its close. :)ThanksRichie

>I just noticed it too. Now ain't that quality customer>support, thanks for the hint.:D +1Regards,Mo

I thought it was just my internet connection! :-lol It always goes slow this time of night (rubbish ISP).LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!! :DBest regards,Robin.

From the website:>> and anticipate a release within the next 24hrs.I hope they don't mean that! 24 minutes would be more like it! :DBest regards,Robin.

Might be time to finally start the countdown on the FS9 release! ;)I've only got about 1300 pages of FCOMs, QRHs, and systems left in the meantime to read.

>Might be time to finally start the countdown on the FS9>release! ;)>>I've only got about 1300 pages of FCOMs, QRHs, and systems>left in the meantime to read.:-lol , I was thinking of exactly the same thing.

I've been with a lot of different aircraft recently and I didn't wear protection. I probably gave PMDG a virus.I'm sorry.

From what I'm hearing, the ENTIRE internet is slow just now. Certainly is where I am here in the UK.

I wished I knew how many Captains are pushing F5 on the keyboard or clicking the refresh button of their browser NOW.As I'm being busy with flightsimulator since version 2.0, that's more then 20 years ago, I've never been so excited like now to buy the "Big Mac". Who's words were these ? Thank you so much, :D.PeterFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

@Dougal: Who is your ISP? UKOnline/EasyNet for me. Rubbish. Every night at 1700 hrs, it slows down, at 2000 hrs it is dead slow. Picks up again at 2400 hrs. Every night. They claim they don't do traffic shaping, but I think they do and are lying about it. :-madBest regards,Robin.

>From what I'm hearing, the ENTIRE internet is slow just now. >Certainly is where I am here in the UK.Along with Saudi Arabia!See what have you done PMDG team? the WWW is slowing down :)Regards,Mo

Internet still smoking here. I just downloaded the manuals and 3 liveries and got the full speed of my DSL (3Mbps). Access to these forum are slow, but think they are headquared somewhere on the east coast around VA. Still waiting to see what price point they put on the product and waiting to be "pleasantly surprised" (TABS words) by that number before committing to buy the FSX version right now.Steve

Any news? I'm killing AVSIM here waiting! :D Another hour? Two?Best regards,Robin.

>I wished I knew how many Captains are pushing F5 on the>keyboard or clicking the refresh button of their browser NOW.>If I had 10 cents for each F5 pressed only today.. I'd be a billioner :)Regards,Mo

hehe, gotta feel sorry for AvSim. Their forum and servers must be taking a pounding. Probably got their ISP screaming what on earth is going on?!So you think the yellow notice on the PMDG website suggests now its not gonna happening imminently? Or are they just being cautious as usual?!And how many other europeans are going to be staying up all night like me, for 'just 5 more minutes' in case its released? :-lol

+1 :DI wish they'd give some idea of how long - I've been sat here all day (no kidding - check the forum posts!!). :DBest regards,Robin.

Just changed the yellow sign on the website from 24 hours to 18 hours so looks like it's going to be tomorrow now.Matt

>Just changed the yellow sign on the website from 24 hours to>18 hours so looks like it's going to be tomorrow now.>>MattLet's hope it update every 4 hours and it was an automatic update, since I'm still hoping it will be today :D! Got to work the whole day tomorrow :(, time will tell..Regards, Joey