Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

What do you do in "Real Life"..when you aren't simming?

Guest A321

I am a freelance Web Developer, I work mainly from home so I am always just a click away from AVSIM and FS :).I am always mostly busy so I cant sneak off for a quick flight :(.Other than that I am usually either out with my girl friend who lived with me, down the gymn (not latley due to a knee injury) or just generally hanging out.Me and my Girl often use FS to look for place to explore in the US which we is a country we both love dearly and have had 4 good holidays there all of which have ended in Las Vegas taking away more of my FS budget :).Jason

Guest adrianc

Hi,I'm 43, live in Brisbane, Australia and work in a Pool shop trying to help people stop their swimming pools from going green.Started my working life as a programmer in COBOL (not much chance of a crossover in to FS add-ons there!) for about 10 years, then went out on my own as an IT consultant. Really needed a change from the IT industry recently, hence where I am now.I started simming with the first version of Microsoft-branded Flight Simulator, rapidly got bored with it and dropped it until getting reaquainted with it again with FS2000 and have kept involved with all versions to now.RegardsAdrian

Guest Herrie

Hi,I am 51, living in the northern part of the Netherlands and working for a regional government. I am in international cooperation (with regions from Germany, Sweden, Poland, Latvia) and projects, EU issues and the like. Music is very important for me: I am playing guitar in a rockband (and I am the youngest, go figure...).Herrie

I'm 51, male, a research scientist working in a government lab in the land of Oz. I could tell you what I'm working on but then I'd have to kill you! Flight simming since FS98, but only seriously since FS2002. I used to sail boats (sailboards, dinghies, keelboats, you name it). Then one day I spent 2 hours in the righthand seat of a Beechcraft Travelair and kinda liked it. But in the real world even GA planes are an expensive hobby if you have a family, so I escape to the virtual world. Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Hi Folks, 37 yrs, half Polish-half English, started flying 21 years ago (oh my God, time flies) gliders first, then ASEL.Got to fly A320 for Dragonair in HKG as a FO years later but got furloughed as a result of pilots' union strike.Did not get very far in that commercial aviation regard, so I decided to study more, got my MBA and started my Executive Management career.Now, I'm a VP for global business development for a construction chemical products company, based in Poland.I get to fly our corporate B58 Baron occassionaly, but flying low-cost airlines is gradually becoming a business travel of choice.Simming keeps me in the loop you might say. Before I get to fly to a new airport I try to simulate this flight in FS9 to rehearse the approach and visualise the airport I'l be flying into.It makes it much easier to find your way around the airport later on.Of course, it requires detailed add-on scenery on which I have spent lots of money so far, LOL.Good idea for a topic indeed,Dom

>My other hobby is radio control aircraft so you can see that aviation is in my blood.How do your employer and the corporate pilots respond to this hobby?I envision the following conversation in their cockpit:- Captain: Darn!!! What's happening?!? Why are you making loopings?- Copilot: It's not me, I know nothing...- Captain: Darn!!! It's John again. JOOOOOOOHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!:+

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest rleiro

"I see that at 31 I am at the younger end of the serious Simmer crowd!" Ehem... 29 Here :)

NOTHING! NADA! DIDLY SQUAT :DFly FS9 all day every day and it as REAL as it gets

Guest hma

Hi,I am 56 and living in Belgium and a computer engineer (mostly real time applications). I have been interested in airplanes whole my live: first my brothers and I gatered documentation (quite a lot), even the postman was begging for the stamps of the mail we received :-), so the step to computer flying was logical. My first sim was "Lunar lander" on the KIM, next ATP, FS5 and his descendants. I'm also member of AFAS (local departement :-) ).Hm

>>My other hobby is radio control aircraft so you can see that>aviation is in my blood.>>How do your employer and the corporate pilots respond to this>hobby?>I envision the following conversation in their cockpit:>>- Captain: Darn!!! What's happening?!? Why are you making>loopings?>- Copilot: It's not me, I know nothing...>- Captain: Darn!!! It's John again.>JOOOOOOOHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!>>:+ROTFLMAO!!Thanks,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Still a club Dj based in London at the age of 44!:-cool but have been designing/modelling aircraft since a kid....progressing onto radio control and now best of all FS! :9I have always loved the combination of science and art ...joined a band after school ..became a multiistrumentalist ...built and set up my own recording studio ...produced every type of music from reggae *:-* to opera. :-violinNow I Dj to a minimum and FS to the max! :-hahMy real flying experience is limited to a few lessons .Cessna 152 and Piper Arrow and best of all...a Tiger Moth! :-wedge regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113706.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZS

And I thought i was in the old end here ;-) I'm (only) 43 and has been flying since late fs8. Like some others here, I'm a web developer/graphic designer and sometimes even do photographing for my customers. Some 5 years ago I left the film industry, where I was a composer and sound designer. (I didn't really force anything, it just happened, and I'm glad. I don't have to spend a second in advertising, jobs just pops in by itself, in the film industri I had to struggle like #### to get assignments, and the salaries were no good :))Music is now a hobby (even if I get payd for playing now and then). I'm in a band called Derek Matthews Band, folk music from various parts of the world, mainly irish (Derek is Canadian), but also french, russian, norwegian of course, and lately some bluegrass tunes :). I play the guitar and Dobro (more and more of the last actually.)What do music, graphic design, photography and flying have in common? Gadgeds, gizmoes and aestetics maybe.Have funEaglebtw, my not very original nickname is a direct translation of what friends and family call me in norwegian: "

Guys,I've found bits of my own personality in your posts above, so I can't say anything original about me:Born on the same date as Lou (DreamFleet)...Started simming on the same rubber-key computer as Jayjay (probably around the same time)...Doing the same (or very similar) job as Rottenlungs...... so you can figure out yourselves.(Usually I don't like puzzles. It's probably that "Da Vinci Code" I've read yesterday...)Neven

Guest ap9dm1

34, Irish (but living in Scotland), Married 2 wee girls (so I'm grossly outnumbered 3:1 by Scottish females to Irish male), Systems Analyst and been in IT since college in 1989 working for Financial Services, Public/State, and now the Phamaceutical business.Simming since Flight Simulator was released on the Sinclair Spectrum 48k way back in .... when was it????Del.

Nice topic,I work for a Express courier company as an Emergency Response officer (aka Projectleader/manager). My projects are related to support the United Nations organisation World Food Program (www.wfp.org).In January we have been amongst the first companies to provide assistance at the Tsunami crisis. Many of my collegaes took the lead on offloading the aircrafts at Medan Airport.