Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

What do you do in "Real Life"..when you aren't simming?

Guest tango_d

This thread could run a while me thinks....I'm 37, and work as a National Sales Manager for a Finnish timber company. But we're the good guys - no dodgy Hardwood from rainforests thankfully !!It gets me to travel around Europe a lot, which is always enjoyable seeing different airports and planes. Married to a great girl called Anthea - who does give me grief for spending wayyyyyy too much time on this great hobby !! We live in a beautiful part of North Wales in the UK.Been simming since FS98. Addicted !!Very best regards to you ALL !Eddy Nichol:-sun1

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I'm 35, a burden on society...Couldn't resist. Born in Allentown, was a carpet cleaner in New York but the money in the Lehigh Valley doesn't really justify the work. Since the bottom fell out in late 2001 I went from being an inflite caterer at KABE to working with my bro, a contractor. Usually I'm a helper/gofer, ocasional cleaning. He's working in Germany for a month, will go for another when he gets back. My job now consists mainly of "watching" the tools/vehicles at his headquarters. Except for odds and ends, that means keeping the dogs fed/excercised and SIMMING. (He has two, I have one.) Sublogic on a C64 was my first. Also fly remote control. My dad flies Cherokee 140, Aztec and Turbocommander 690B. Took lessons for a while, but virtual gas is cheaper. An FAA driver's licence for operations on the ramp is my only certification. Heavily into chess, if 'puters couldn't play chess or run flite sims, I wouldn't own one. Love clothing optional beaches, live in a 25 foot motor home that conveniently fits in my bro's building. Lease a campsite near Allentown. Next to the Lehigh river for tubing. Really enjoy reading too.The Avsim survey has the average age in it...Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest dcc

39, acoustical engineer at a company that makes big yellow tractors; when I'm not flying/making P-38s, I'm shuttling kids around town, or involved with church or music. Been flying FS since the first version and designing since fs98.- dcc

Great topic!34, currently live in Orlando, Florida area. Born & raised in Chicago. Been doing lots of different things for a living, but for the past 6 years been in the lumber business...lumber buyer and now ops mgr/lumber commodities trader.

I'm a research biologyst, 28y.o, from Portugal, simming since the first FS apeard in commodore 64 back in the late 80's.begining this summer a ppl :-jumpy :-cool :-hah

Guest pez_man

Hi!Awesome to see such a diverse collection of people sharing the same love for flightsim!I live in Gothenburg, Sweden, I'm 27 years old and work as an architect; amongst other things the office I work for design some parts of Royal Caribbean's ships, that's a bit cool! (Not that I'm in the position to have much influence over that design though! ;-)Got the disease with FS5 and since that it's gotten wore and worse all the time! :-)regards fredrik

Hi All, What an interesting thread, I am an

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest David Lee 2

I am a veterinarian and director of a very large veterinary hospital. I've been simming for over 20 years and continue to work on a sizeable home cockpit. I earned my Private License two years ago but find I enjoy simulated flying more. I'd like to say the latter is more affordable but that isn't necessarily the case for those of us on the fringe in this hobby! David Lee

Hi Mike, What a great post! Iam an almost 65, retired coffee salesman living on the coast in Yachats,Or.Have been doing FS since it first came out and just love this hobby. My son,Gene,shares this home and he loves simming,too and he writes reviews of FS products in spare time. Another son is with the FAA in Portland,Or and he was licensed to fly at 18. I had about 10 hours, 35 years ago in a Cessna 150.At our gettogethers its much fun and laughs seeing who is going to crash and burn trying to do ILS landing in near zero conditions!Have collected scads of aviation books and instrument chart books.Even still have the old ILS books from "Airbus" program.Used to take my kids atop terminal bld at KSEA to watch airplanes.(early 60,s)Prob spend 3 hours a day with MSFS. Thanks for stirring up the memories. Dick Davis

I'm Mark Reynolds, 41year old telecommunications engineer from sunny Kingston Jamaica :)The job keeps me very occupied so sim time is limited - also love to play my guitars.Nice to 'meet' you gents :-wave regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest David Lee 2

Wow! Hm, you mentioned the Kim! My dad was a manufacturers rep for MOS and sold the Kim, originally as a component for serious apps but later as a "PC". I remember the very first one he brought home. I programmed in Hunt the Wumpus and was shocked to see the LEDs spelling out real words! I remember Lunar Lander vividly. Ahhh, thanks for taking me back a ways!David

Guest cw1011

I'm Colin Ware, and I'm a 41 year old fundraising and management consultant for a small firm in Portland Oregon. My work involves helping non-profits develop their fundraising capacity and acumen, as well as working with them to develop systems and organizational structures to more efficiently manage their operations and fundraising activities. When not working or simming, I can be found outside with my english bulldog named Ribeye, hunting down pretty women at the park.

I'm a Business and Network Systems Analyst/Instructor (long title, busy job), turn 44 in a few weeks, and have been flight simming since 84.Air travel has always been part of my private life and career. Took my first flight in a Lockheed Electra in '66, and the minute I saw all the cars and buidings and rest of the world shrink away, I was hooked. I picked a career that offered worldwide travel and logged about a million miles to date. Air travel became such a part of my life that even meeting my wife was a result of my love of air travel. She worked for one of the international airlines I was routed on and we met as a result of my booking a flight with her. When I am away from the office and simming, I enjoy my time with my wife of ten years and our five year old daughter. I've recently resumed study for my Pilot License which I dropped 20 years ago--combination of my being more settled in life and Sport Pilot making recreational flying cheaper. -John

I'm a Field Artillery Battery Commander in the US Military and just turned 30 three weeks ago. Been flight simming since 1986, MS FS, SWOTL, IL-2 FB/PF and now FS9. Never could be an military aviator since my college grades weren't that hot (Football and ROTC and School and a fraternity will do that to you) :( Got back into simming after a long absence and have gotten dangerous with a computer, hehe. Obtaining my PPL is out of the question right now with a wife and two small children at home. But I figure after I retire, they'll be enough time in the day to finally do it. -Blake

Blake