Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Suggestions for future updates

Hi,I'm opening a new topic, where everyone can put his wishes or remarks or suggestions for future updates to improve the product. So let's begin :1. Access to Main Selector Panel from "enlarged screens" view2. Bird strike in "enlarged screens" view. Yes, I got a birdstrike on take off but the windshield was damaged only in the "classic" captain view.3. Minimum flight time selection of 30 minutes instead of 02h00, for very short haul flights like TNCM to TFFR.4. In the Flight Planning panel : a) for Dest for PAs, select word "destination" instead of a city if we don't fly to a predefined destination. :( for ATC Callsign, select a generic Three letters callsign, for example, I enter VIP055 in FS2Crew Center and it should spell it as "Vee I pee Zero five five" when calling us on ground. c) assumed temperature should go until 70

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Stephane,Not a problem. You'll see it in Update 1. I'll probably release Update 1 in 2 to 3 weaks once the dust has had time to settle.Cheers,Bryan

Great ! Take your time !By the way, I forgot this :5. Many airports don't have taxiways that goes parallel to the runway until the threshold, but they have one or two taxiways in the middle of the runway. So we have to enter and backtrack the runway. In that case, the "enter runway" procedure and dialogue makes no sense as when we enter the runway and backtracking, we are not yet aligned and it says in the dialogue that the rwy alignment is xxx. Or maybe did I misunderstand something ? :D :-roll

For #5, this is one difficult in a way in the sense that I could easily add a switch so that the FO's "lining-up on runway xxx" call does not play if backtracking... the issue is that I would have to add yet another switch to the Flight Planning page... it's a bit of a slippery slope in that if I add switches to account for every possible situation you could be faced with (of which there are hundreds) the Flight Planning page could become overly complex and scare a lot of users away.Cheers,Bryan

Just as an aside the maximum derates, for the modelled airline, are 54 degrees for the RR and 56 for the GE.CheersSteve

6. Night lighting for FS2crew panel, as you did with the 767. It's a little bit difficult to read text when flying at night. I tried different settings of the cockpit lighting but the FS2crew panel remains dark.St

Hi Stephane,Night light should most definately not be a problem.Did you turn on the FS2Crew night lighting?It's the toggle switch located in the top right hand corner of the FS2Crew Main Selector Panel.All the best,Bryan

Oh, I may miss that. I will give it a try next time I'll fly at night. Thanks !Stephane

I second the time one, SYD-MEL and return are only about 1hr eachSpeaking of which when able request the following additions to the cities list.Melbourne (YMML)Perth (YPPH)Brisbane (YBBN)Thanks heaps!!Ben

Hi Ben,I'm working on a little update right now that I'll release soon, probably over the next couple days.I got your 1 hour, 1.15, 1.30 and 1.45 minute requests in there for the FA brief.New cities will have to wait till later.Chrs,Bryan

Hi guys,Bryan just do not forget the long haul time (up to 17-20 hrs) for a VERY long trip. These are being done with the queen from LLBG to the US and the far east (Thailand, China and others) not to mention Australia.LLBG can wait like the others.thanks, Ori.

Great product Bryan!A few more things if possible!1) Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo to destination list would be nice,2) Ability to start FS2Crew an hour before departure,3) The ability to use a EPR value for the TO power setting (RR Engines),4) Cargo / service doors to open earlier, preferably right from the start.Finally, is the entry for transition level in the FP page meant to be the TL at the departure airport or the arrival one? If the latter, maybe this entry can be done on the approach page, as for many airports, the transition level depends on the arrival airport QNH..Cheers,Charlie

The transistion level is meant to be for the arrival airport and is the cue for the FO's transition call. Airports that use a varying level are difficult to cater for. Usually though you have an idea of what level would be used. If not I guess you can set it to a lower value than you would expect and then closer to the time go back to the FP page and reset the Transition level when you know what it will be.Will this work Bryan?CheersSteve

Im curious to what extant the captain in various real world sops is required to call out various modes as they become armed or active?ex; vnav path, vnav speed, loc armed, gs armed, lnd 3 greenThanksMB

Hi Steve,That is correct.You can change the Transition Level on the Flight Planning Page any time you like.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Charlie,1. Will see. Will be starting a new thread on this soon.2. An hour? Why so early?3. EPR will come with the Freighter upgrade. Pax models are N1 only.4. I'll talk to Cowpatz about that.5. TL... just answered it (same thread).Chrs,Bryan

MB,Our SOP's require us to make a call when any selection may have an effect on the operation of the aircraft. For example if the PF is using the AP he will make a selection ie LNAV and say it as he is arming the switch. Both pilots will verify that the selection shows on the PFD as either armed or active as the case may be. At the present point in time there is no requirement to aknowledge this with a verbal response ie "confirmed LNAV armed". This is in accordance with the quiet cockpit philosophy. You would only call if it did not arm or capture. If the PF was hand flying then he would ask for the selection to be made and the PM would say "LNAV" when pressing the button. Once again both crew members would confirm the correct annunciation. Illumination of the light bar in the button is not confirmation that the respective mode is armed. This must be checked by what is indicated on the PFD.Any modifications made to the FMC, that might effect the flight path of the a/c, must be confirmed by the other crew member prior to EXECution. So for example if a direct to a waypoint was entered the pilot making the modification would say "verify" and the other pilot would check it for correctness and then respond "Execute". Then the track would be confirmed on the FMC and the ND.There are some operators that seem to use so much verbage that flight is almost possible by hot air alone. Inceased verbage does not necessarily equate to increased vigilance, in fact in some respects it can cause a conditioned verbal response to the command or checklist item rather than actually checking the postion of a control. The emphasis being on timely acknowlegement rather than checking. I have seen some instances of guys responding with the response and then checking the item after...sort of defeats the purpose. Also the more verbage the greater the opportunity to miss ATC calls and maintain situational awareness. Nothing breaks down awareness than having to recite "the lord is my ......" as you are trying to regain the approach path after some tricky speed control/vectoring onto a short final with traffic everywhere. Sorry turned into a bit of a sermon.....just trying to give you a personal insight.CheersSteve

Hi Steve,This is certainly news to me :-) cough cough!In FS2Crew the only automation calls the PF makes is for APP and LOC.Guess now I'll have to add sounds for VNAV, LNAV, FLCH and VS???-Bryan

Thanks Steve,So then do you call out modes such as vnav speed path etc as they show on the pfd?Mike

No we dont. We only call if there is something displayed that we would not expect to see or if there was an uncommanded change. For example if the aircraft departed VNAV PTH without any pilot initiated commands then it would be called. Also if you were expecting to descend and were 'hung up' on VNAV ALT instead of descending then it would be called. After a command is given and a button pressed we just both check for the correct annunciation.CheersSteve