Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Whats up with Iris ?

So Avsim lists on the front page that Iris is offering the community freeware and the link states their account has been suspended.Go figureAndrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Me too. I grabbed their S-3 Viking no problem earlier this morning. Suspect they are just getting hammered right now.Eric

They have been severly hammered I am sure they will be back soon enough, fact is that they have brought out those packs and even if it will take a little while for them to get the site back up, at least you are informed of the fact that they have released those planes and you can keep an eye on the site for when it becomes live again :)

I'm guessing the mass rush of downloaders exceeded their site's bandwidth limit.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Yes, folks send us press releases, we post them, and they are amazed at the response and are shocked when their download bandwidth is exceeded and shut off (in the case of most low cost or free websites). Why they don't simply upload their works to AVSIM and then link to them from their pages is beyond me (I understand wanting to maintain "control" of their works, but that could be accomplished through AVSIM too) and then they would not have to worry about limited bandwidth and keep their "public" happy too.

I DLed all four planes. They are dated, to be sure, and the VCs certainly aren't cutting edge, but they are free and they look nice and fly well and I'll pass along a big thank you to IRIS.Thanks!

Yes the downloads must have been overwhelming.Thanks for your replys and sorry for the rantBest regards and thanks Avsim and IrisAndrew