Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rake7575

Wilco Airbus

GentsDownloaded 85MB worth of Airbus 2-days ago (take @2hrs to download due to system traffic). Despite its price tag ($50), in my view well worth the investment. This is not the overly simplified PSS version Airbus--this is the real deal.I've flown the 318 and 319 versions for nearly 10 hours now with Active Sky 6.5 and Squawkbox 3.1 with no interface problems at all.The Airbus Vol 1 comes with a voluminous operating manual (which is required reading before lighting the fires). I'm a proud Boeing driver but really appreciate the detail and system complexity associated with the Airbus (318-321)--some won't.As with most glass cockpits--but especially with Airbus--the pilot (or human interface object) is more of an extension of the system rather than the other way round.Wilco has made the basic complexity level selectable from beginner (don't let the name fool you), to expert. The basic difference is whether you start from a "warm" cockpit (most systems on) to a cold/dark one. THe Flight Management and Guidance Computer (FMGC) is the brain of the entire operating system and requires hefty study up front and several flights to get use to--but once you've got it down--your reluctant to go back to a simple FMS.The parametrics and modeling are superb--though one minor thing I've noticed is insufficient drag coefficient with speed brakes deployed--therefore, manage you descent power early because speed is tough to bleed away with idle and boards.Vol 1 comes with 318, 320 and 321--if you buy the $18 upgrade to deluxe you get the 319 plus numerous videos. The liveries are a bit skint up front. With deluxe you'll get a United 319, a Private Jet 319 and a British Airways 320--the rest are Feelthere logos (I may have forgot one). Wilco promises "soon" more liveries. Lastly, I haven't figured out how to import FS flightplans or FSBuild so I've been hand jamming flight plans and storing the routes via the FMGC.All in all--a PMDG-esque Aibus we've been waiting for.RakeAMD FX-60Nvidia 7950 GX2 (1GB)4GB ultra low latency DDRRaptor HDDell 24" wide

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You should have kept this to yourself. People don't want to hear anything positive about this add-on right now. More like they want Vic and the gange under a jail cell... I'm glade someone's got it. I'll be next in line...Do you have the FSX or FS9 version???

Please, don't say such things. FeelThere and Vic are not responsible for the Wilco server problems. FeelThere developed this product, and Wilco makes the distribution.I fully understand your frustration, but please don't blame Vic for this.Eric

Hi Eric! nice to see you here! from a vendor to vendor, and I may even say from a friend to a friend, congratulations with your release! Whatever the distribution issues mentioned over here, you are to be commended for trying to raise the bar in the addon market and from a technical standpoint, you do have realized some nice innovations.Jean-Luc

If FeelThere do not want such negative publicity from this, then maybe they should consider using a different distributor. They chose to use Wilco - they're going to have to take the flak for doing so.Plus the fact the for some unexplained reason, FeelThere are currently refusing to provide support for the Airbus until next week (maybe they fancy the weekend off??), is quite unacceptable. People have forked out decent money for a product that has a number of bugs and currently isn't supported by anyone.All you need to do is look at the FeelThere forums - The Airbus one is currently locked, and it seems the 'Off Topic' forum has now been turned into the unofficial Airbus support one.I didn't think I would see PSS surpassed in terms of fudging initial releases of aircraft - looks like FeelThere/Wilco have come up trumps.

>The Airbus Vol 1 comes with a voluminous operating manual>(which is required reading before lighting the fires).Is what you get when you purchase the product different then the "manual" you can download from their website?

>Please, don't say such things. FeelThere and Vic are not>responsible for the Wilco server problems. FeelThere developed>this product, and Wilco makes the distribution.>I fully understand your frustration, but please don't blame>Vic for this.>>Eric>Eric, is the reason you had project airbus remove your work from their freeware offering because you were working on this project?

Does not look too bad but I'm waiting on the Airliner XP product before making a Scarebus decision! :( Btw...I think PMDG should skip this plane...they haven't even delivered the XP redo of the 744 or the MD11 (promised for at least a year). :(

>>The Airbus Vol 1 comes with a voluminous operating manual>>(which is required reading before lighting the fires).>>Is what you get when you purchase the product different then>the "manual" you can download from their website?There is no other manual; what you get with the download are a few performance tables. The tutorial flight is about 5 pages long and not very informative.ricardo

>Does not look too bad but I'm waiting on the Airliner XP>product before making a Scarebus decision! :( >>Btw...I think PMDG should skip this plane...they haven't even>delivered the XP redo of the 744 or the MD11 (promised for at>least a year). :( PMDG aren't even working on their announced airbus, which i said long ago won't ever come if AXP delivers theirs in proper form.

Hello Guys,Please let me answer to all of you, I had no time to do it earlier:@Jean-Luc:Thank you for your nice words. I'm happy that all the people on this forum can see that even if we work on competitor products, we are good friends ;-)@Philbrown:I totally agree with you. I can't talk in the name of FeelThere. The only thing I can say is that Vic is not blind, and he is not an idiot. You can imagine some things will change in the future.Regarding the support, there was a problem with Wilco, I can't tell you more about it. The problem is now solved, and this is why the product will be normally supported by FeelThere. The fact that the support begins on monday has nothing to do with the weekend. In the meantime, the product IS SUPPORTED by Wilco.@Alex:I didn't remove the Airbus freeware from my site because of the feelThere/Wlico product. The reasons are explained on my web site. These panels will soon be back online in a new version that will be FSX compatible. I didn't have time to work on this before...In conclusion, please stop playing this guess game. Talk about facts, about things you know, instead of trying to guess what is happening in the feelThere/Wilco business.Eric

I don't understand the price for european customers... 40 euros - that's insane! The product should be available for all markets. O well... What can I do. Just start saving the money...

>Hello Guys,>>Please let me answer to all of you, I had no time to do it>earlier:>>@Jean-Luc:>Thank you for your nice words. I'm happy that all the people>on this forum can see that even if we work on competitor>products, we are good friends ;-)>>@Philbrown:>I totally agree with you. I can't talk in the name of>FeelThere. The only thing I can say is that Vic is not blind,>and he is not an idiot. You can imagine some things will>change in the future.>Regarding the support, there was a problem with Wilco, I can't>tell you more about it. The problem is now solved, and this is>why the product will be normally supported by FeelThere. The>fact that the support begins on monday has nothing to do with>the weekend. In the meantime, the product IS SUPPORTED by>Wilco.>>@Alex:>I didn't remove the Airbus freeware from my site because of>the feelThere/Wlico product. The reasons are explained on my>web site. These panels will soon be back online in a new>version that will be FSX compatible. I didn't have time to>work on this before...>>In conclusion, please stop playing this guess game. Talk about>facts, about things you know, instead of trying to guess what>is happening in the feelThere/Wilco business.>>Eric>Nicely said Eric:-)

"In conclusion, please stop playing this guess game. Talk about facts, about things you know, instead of trying to guess what is happening in the feelThere/Wilco business."I couldn't have said it better myself... :-)

I'm not shure that we are talking about same product here!?Have the plane for 3 days and will not have it for another minute. Totaly unfunctional. Well do everything in my power to get money back and to stop people from bying it till they finish the product.Nothing works as it shud. Inovative? Maybe in an idea, but functional NO? http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=384906&page=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=385132&page=FeelThere, I think this is the last chance to save your reputation by publicly saying what has happen, why the product isnt finished, I think that there was no beta testing, why? Say it out loud and community could tolerate it and reconsider the situation for the future.

>In conclusion, please stop playing this guess game. Talk about>facts, about things you know, instead of trying to guess what>is happening in the feelThere/Wilco business.Yes, but what if you are the one playing the guessing game? It's equally plausible that you don't have the foggiest idea what goes on in Victor's head, wallet, business, etc., especially in light of the fact that he *rarely* says anything straight forward. I mean who are you? His business partner? If you're not getting a piece of the monetary pie and have your name on a Feelthere contract, you don't know squat. You're in the "FeelThere spin" as much as the rest of us are since the only "facts" you have are hearsay and completely unverifiable. To put it mildy, you're simply not in the business, regardless of your ostensibly "close" affiliation with the developer. Vic isn't straightforward in ANYthing he says or does, so I'm loathe to believe that the "facts" say otherwise. There are NO facts and I really don't think you're in a position to supply any accurate ones.And don't start bashing me because of that statement since I can easily post several hundred forum links where Vic's answers are vague at best and downright misleading in other instances.Given that the same mess has occurred again and again with other releases (i.e., apparently "botched" communication with Wilco and the "woe is me" statements by FeelThere, buggy aircraft, etc.), I'm given to assume that the answer to the entire affair is quite simple. Wilco released the aircraft with Vic's knowledge (I mean.. he had to give them the product, manuals, no?) and it was much simpler to take orders, get the money, and then become nonexistent in terms of support on internal forums based on some implied charge that there was miscommunication between developer and distributor.Quite frankly, the situation is ludicrous. For three days, you can purchase the product, but not download it; you can't pose legitimate questions in the forums without getting them locked or deleted; and the developer is AWOL without matter-of-factly stating the reasons for doing so. It's a childish business model and has more in common with CaptainSim-style of business than anything remotely resembling real-world professional acumen.Listen, Eric... I admire your freeware work and commend your dedication to a payware developer. But let's not start accusing PAYING customers of playing a "guessing game". It wouldn't be a guessing game if the developer played level and fair with his statements. Unfortunately, he doesn't and, as such, any customer has the right to complain, vociferously if need be.

For us all it should be enough to take care of our own business. Now people even try to get others from buying products...makes no sense.The bus is not unfunctional, it is not unflyable. It has bugs, yes, as all the other previously released planes that have FMC, but it still works very well. It is no problem to simulate a flight that is flown normally with this type of plane.One of the developer's just asked us all to stop guessing and what happens.... the guessing just continues. Either some people don't bother reading what is being told or they do not understand. I for myself hope that the mistakes and bugs will be corrected with a patch, it is no big deal. If that's not going to happen then I would maybe think about the things again a bit differently, but I still won't be angry.Peace.@-@ Tatu

It is verry strange that each time Wilco/FT publish a new add-on, all the world is there to blame them about the bugs. But it is also strange that so such think doesn't happend when PMDG, PSS or Captain Sim publish buggy add-on. PMDG 737 : How many service update made after the launching of the download version.Level-D 767 : same thingCaptain Sim C-130 : verry buggy at the beginnig but now working verry well.I think that we (the hardcore simmers of the first time) are all Beta tester for all those publishers. They are all proceed the same way when they publish a product in download firt. This is not only in the FS community, this is the same with other product including those from Microsoft.The only thing that the prublishers must do for us is to include all our names in the beta testing list of the manual :-) or give us a rebate for the next product to

BRIAN: There's no pleasing some people. EX-LEPER: That's just what ******* said, sir. 'Life of Brian', Python (Monty), 1979--

I flew the Bus at a friend's house and I have to say my experience was totally different from yours. It was (and I hate to say this) just plain bad. Very buggy and unpolished. Surprising because I really like FeelThere's Legacy. It still needs lots, and lots of work. Why Wilco released it in the state it's in - I don't know.

>Hello Guys,>In conclusion, please stop playing this guess game. Talk about>facts, about things you know, instead of trying to guess what>is happening in the feelThere/Wilco business.>>Eric>The fact of the matter is that this plane was rushed to market without proper beta testing. It's full of bugs and cannot be properly flown in managed mode. Boeing callouts for $50????????I'm angry at myself for again falling ofr the siren call of developers who promise the world and deliver mediocrity.Example:http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6920ricardo

>>Boeing callouts for $50????????>>That comment had me FLOORED !!! Friggen hilarious .. Im truly sorry your out $50.00 and i would be as well but heres to hoping they will address these issues promptly. Kinda glad i didnt jump on it.Cheers