Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Post your support for FS9 here please?

Could I respectfully ask developers to continue your excellent work for FS9 the last REAL SIMULATOR?FSX is a game and always will be. I will not be chucking any more money away attempting to provide a computer for hardware not available to run decent and good software.Please post your support here so that the 'devs' know that we will be responsive to their products?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Absolutely! I, and I know I am not alone, will not even consider FSX for about 3 years. I have an Athlon FX 57 processor (overclocked @ 3.0Ghz) with a Nvidia 7900GS, so now I am able to enjoy FS9 with great add-ons. I am planning on purchasing more (Active Sky being the next), so please, developers, keep the FS9 alive and continue to develope more add-ons.RH

The 'devs' make it. We like it? We'll buy it.Nothing is ever too old or has been around the block too many times.Case-in-point.I decided to go back to FS9 and so bought four volumes of Bird's Eye View.I also recently bought my key for FSPassengers.I love both recent product purchases!FS9 is not dying out or going anywhere soon, and now with VISTA revealed, I betcha there will be new products for it (FS9) in the coming months.Mitch R.

Its a fine product.My only criticism is that i am so addicted to flying virtual aircraft through virtual skies that my eyes are beginning to glow like a vampires and my skin is turning pallid from spending more and more hours gazing at the flatscreen.Actually i am still surprised after all this time that i can be a few moments into a flight and still say to myself "that just looks beautiful"sometimes a sim and sometimes a real work of art.FS9 I love it chapsTo all the you should get a life merchants i say......you mumble off!I like my simming so THERE! @-@ Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest JeffPreston

Go FS9!Well - go FS2002 and go FSX too. The more the merrier in my opinion. I hope there'll be a lot of work continued on FS9 for some good time to come as running FSX at a satisfying pace is certainly beyond the means of many simmers here in early 2007.I'm certainly doing what I can to further that goal...RegardsJeff

Count me in.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It took me a couple of years since purchasing FS2004 to finally arrive at good frame rates (dual LCDs) and stable quality add-ons. A ton of effort has been invested in tweaking, learning, patching, upgrading, installing, re-installing etc. getting FS2004 to a level which allows me to enjoy flying. Do I want to start all over again? Ah

>Could I respectfully ask developers to continue your>excellent work for FS9 the last REAL SIMULATOR?>>FSX is a game and always will be. I will not be chucking any>more money away attempting to provide a computer for hardware>not available to run decent and good software.>Fine............I'm still buying FS9 addons anyway.But this is starting to sound like an X-Plane versus MSFS debate which you'll often find on the X-Plane forums. Only there, it's FS9 that's the "game", and X-Plane is the true "simulator".I'd rather get off this game verus simulator crap, because it's all a crock! One thing for certain, is that none of these three game /simulators really fly, yet all three are capable simulating particular aspects of flight in different ways. Or, all three can be used purely for entertainment.To go down the road of believing or promoting it's "real" versus "game" is nothing but pure opinion, and has more to do with the users personal preferences.I'm known as a jerk at the X-Plane forums, because for years, I've always tried to push the fact that "FS9" can be much more than a game, because I know better! Now I find it ironic that I'm in the same position on an FS9 forum where I have to push the fact that FSX is much more than a "game" also! I personally think the whole concept is rather silly.L.Adamson

I'm known as a jerk at the X-Plane forums, because for years, I've always tried to push the fact that "FS9" can be much more than a game, because I know better! Now I find it ironic that I'm in the same position on an FS9 forum where I have to push the fact that FSX is much more than a "game" also! I personally think the whole concept is rather silly.L.Adamson Well, now your known as the 'jerk' on here too, for contradicting yourself. ;-) FSX IS ONLY A GAME, FS9 is a great flight simulation.The reason I posted this thread is to keep FS9 alive. The trend now is to write software for and only FSX.Your statement saying you wil still be buying FS9 addons was all that was required. My point is, if software writers see how much we want FS9 to continue they will continue to write for us.With people like Level-D, PMDG and writers of the Expertise of 'Vauchez' around producing wonderful simulations for FS9, we need to support them or lose them to FSX, with all its teething troubles.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Well, now your known as the 'jerk' on here too, for>contradicting yourself.Devon,You've been around here long enough to know better than taking a potshot like that! I'm a little surprised. Although Larry might not always share your point of view he is just as entitled as you are to your own. Both of you and many others have been able to come up with good points and good counterpoints in many discussions.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I've said it quite a few times now, but I am just barely getting acceptable performance with fs9 on my hardware once I throw add-ons at it. After I built my latest PC, I am finally at a point where I can turn off the fps counter and just fly. I am seriously thinking about staying one version of flightsim behind all the time at this point. I will be continuing to buy FS9 add-ons for quite some time.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>Well, now your known as the 'jerk' on here too, for>contradicting yourself. ;-) FSX IS ONLY A GAME, FS9 is a great>flight simulation.Well, that was a bit unnecessary.

Once it became apparent that I would not be moving on to FSX, I decided to indulge myself in some of the most tantalizing FS9 add-ons I had put off buying.I have a list of about two dozen products -- from Carenado, Overland, Digital Aviation, Lionheart, Dreamfleet, Horizon Simulation, etc. -- that I am slowly working my way through, making a new purchase every couple weeks.Anything brand new for FS9 that comes along from developers will be strongly considered.John

FS9 had exactly the same bad frame rates upon launch like FSX and it took all of us 2-3 years to finally enjoy it. Just about a year ago, I saw a video of Level-D approach that someone created with his TrackIR setup and just wished that I could achieve fluid frame rates like that.It is add-ons like GE Pro, Ultimate Terrain, FSGenesis, that made us greedy and impatient for more, because for the first time VFR flying and expectional scenery has become possible in the MSFS series. Noone can argue that a default FSX setup beats the pants off a default FS9.I flew the FSX mission "Amsterdam - London" yesterday and was simply awe'd again by the FSX scenery upon takeoff. Sure, it was about 15fps, but still fluid enough for me to enjoy it.FSX will be great in about a year. Give it some time and keep the expectations real. It's the most realistic flight simulator for consumers so far and far away from being a game.Pat

>>>Well, now your known as the 'jerk' on here too, for>>contradicting yourself.>>Devon,>>You've been around here long enough to know better than taking>a potshot like that! I'm a little surprised. Although Larry>might not always share your point of view he is just as>entitled as you are to your own. Both of you and many others>have been able to come up with good points and good>counterpoints in many discussions.My name is Dave, not Devon!I said that 'tongue in cheek' hence the smiley so please don't turn this into a slant.I trust Larry took it the right way, as I know that he enjoys a bit of a wind up occasionally, if Larry doesen't I am sorry. Lighten up Zane, its only a hobby?

Dave Taylor gb.png