Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Flight Sim Manager now without date lock

It seems you haven't read the posts above because the answer is there...New path C:Program FilesRanaInsideFlightSimManager instead ofC:Program RanaInsideFlightSimManagerCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Create a new path !!1 create a folder under C:Program FilesC:Program FilesRanaInsideFlightSimManagercopy/paste this path under installation

>I cant find the file anymore, did someone take it off?It is indeed on the www.flightsim.com site. You will need a login account (which is easy to get). http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/file?rk=9Ib5y...main/search.htmQuote from the d/l section:-Name: fsmgr.zip Size: 19,019 Date: 05-02-2007 Downloads: 732FS2002/FS2004 FlightSimManager v2.85 Patch. The program stops working after November 30, 2006 and the author's site web www.ranainside.com is a dead link. Use the patch to make it work without the need to change the Windows date manually. By Pascous Yaro.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest MarkkuS

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not going to reinstall. I already have a solution with 'Backdate'.

Guest kencr

>All,>>I have been advised that a modified version of Flight Sim>Manager is now available. The date lock feature has been>removed.>>The file doesn't appear to be available here but can be>downloaded from flightsim.com. The filename is fsmgrpch.zip>>I hope this doesn't break forum rules but as this is such a>useful utiity I hope the powers that be will allow this>message to remain.>>Cheers,The file seems to have been removed from flightsim.com

Guest shearerc

>>The file seems to have been removed from flightsim.comI have uploaded the FSM 2.85 installer + time patch (fsmgrpch.zip) to Rapidshare. (I'm a newbie here, not sure if I'm allowed to upload directly here.)I tested and am using the patch myself, it's working great just follow instructions in fsmgrpch.zip.http://rapidshare.com/files/35189960/Rana_...ager_v2.8.5.rar

I don't know if this patch is still available - I did download it when it was and it didn't work for me. However I have found a simple way to run FlightSim Manager without it and without having to change the system time on my PC. Some might find this useful.There is a programme called RunAsDate which will alter the system time for individual exe files - your PC runs along as normal. It installs nothing onto the PC, you just run the tiny exe file and you're ready to go.The best bit is that you can also create a new shortcut to the programme, which then runs via the RunAsDate programme. Result: if you click on that new shortcut, FlightSim Manager opens immediately, and your PC still runs at current date/time settings. Works with any programme you like too (as far as I can see).If this is of use to anyone, it can be downloaded here (lots of other nifty little programmes there too:http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.htmlMartin

This patched version has been around for a long time. You MUST have installed to the specific path for it to work. I think it was discussed at length when it first appeared.scott s..

He's right. ITS NOT THERE

Dave Taylor gb.png

I did, and it didn't. And I gather it's not around now anyway. The alternative I mentioned works fine though.

The patch is still available, but a lot of people can't seem to find it, on FlightSim.com search for "fsmgr.zip".Anyway, I'm on a dual boot system, Vista on C and XP on H. Apparently FlightSim Manager and/or the patch can't deal with the program being on the H partition. I assume it expects C. I had it installed on C from XP and it worked fine with the patch. But I gave this RunAsDate a try and it works! I now have FlightSim Manager installed on H and no longer need the patch.Martin, thanks for bringing this utility to our attention. It's a great site, I've been using their ShellExView for a couple of years now. But they have so many other stuff I've yet to discover, like RunAsDate.;-)

Mike...