Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ray Proudfoot

Flight Sim Manager now without date lock

All,I have been advised that a modified version of Flight Sim Manager is now available. The date lock feature has been removed.The file doesn't appear to be available here but can be downloaded from flightsim.com. The filename is fsmgrpch.zipI hope this doesn't break forum rules but as this is such a useful utiity I hope the powers that be will allow this message to remain.Cheers,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Would someone please explain what this utility does for those of us who do not know. Thanks. jerrycwo4

Jerry,That would take a long time but for me its most useful feature is the ability to scan and correct any anomalies in the scenery.cfg.It's probably quicker if you just install it and then analyse it yourself.Cheers,

Jerry,If you are asking to explain what the utility announced in the first post does perhaps this will clear things up for you. The author of FSManager disappeared from the scene for awhile and suddenly his programme would not work unless you manually changed your computer date to something like November 2006. This utility has corrected this so things are back to normal. FS Manager is a very useful programme IMHO.Gary

Hi.Here is part of the .txt file from the program.It turns out that the file mentioned by Ray it's a patch good for a while and not a new / without time limit release, still better thand having to backdate. TVFlightSim Manager 2.8.5Compatible with both FS2002 and FS2004FlightSim Manager is a great tool for managing add-ons to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Using easy to Wizard - FSM can install various addins from distribution ZIP files that you may have downloaded, with easy uninstaller. FSM has lots of feature to offer, from an easy to use Aircraft editor to add/edit aircraft variants, to an comprehensive Hangar management that allows you to manage and configure your add-ons off your live FS installation. You can create Virtual Fleets, and enable/disable the complete fleet with ease. For serious pilots, there is also a complete Logbook.If you have access to networked PCs, you can use FSM Lan View feature to create virtual cockpits with as many different views as you like. FSM also make it very easy to control Flight Simulator with speech commands, with additional support for auto-saving flight, warning system, and your own custom event sounds. Also FSM introduces a new ViewMode that replaces the existing boring tower view into exciting camera view.Using a powerful Editor, you can now edit your AI Flight Plans - plans can be saved as sets, which then in turn can be enabled in Flight Simulator. With FSM, you can create Texture Sets ( your own custom texture installer ) - capture screenshots, complete Benchmark with log, launching Flight Simulator with Random Screens, and fly from anywhere in the world using an map view.Finally with a comprehensive Diagnostic Tools and Repository feature, FSM keeps your FS installation clean. Apart from the usual Missing and unused gauges, FSM can also locate Aircraft problems, Missing and unused effects, and Scenery Problems with an unique LandClass File relocate feature - say bye-bye to all those memory leaks.There are still a lot more features that you will need to discover by yourself.You can find the latest version from: ProgrammerRana Hossain

Eh... is it me, or the fix doesn't work for me? It says that FSM should be installed in C:Program FilesRanaInside..., but here my computer's default location is C:Archivos de programaRanaInside...Has anyone with Windows XP in other language had the same problem?Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel

I found that it works only if you execute the fsmgr.exe file rather than the FlightSimManager.exe file... if you have a pre-existing shortcut, it will point to the old executable rather than the new. The name of the directory path shouldn't be a problem since I don't think the original was in Spanish either.DJ

FYI - The patch was uploaded again today on flightsim.com. I did not check if the original developer did it or someone else. I have not checked it for change.

Thanks for the heads up. This new patch makes the game expire in 7000 years this time (9006). Patched by a person under nick Pascous.

I have searched Flight Sim by Rana Hossain and by the zip file listed above and did not find any patch. Any else not able to find the file?Thanks,Lynn

The "patch " doesn't work .tried also to rename the exe same result cant load Flight Sim Manager.

Why not try a fresh install/patch if you have not? Also perhaps it only works for a certain version? There are a bunch of 'emI just reinstalled the last - 2.8.5, patched it - ran the fsmgr.exe - worked ok.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

I did the same downloaded 2.85 from avsim installed it patched it with the exe and the dll. Execute the new exe direct from the main path but no luck :-( I have also tried to rename the pathed downloaded exe and to install flt sim manager in a home made path .... but always execute error ;-)

You do leave the original in the same directory, yes? What error do you get, and are you running a non-english OS?DJ

Yes i run a non english os a swedish xppro-sp2tried to create a path c:program Files instead of program thats the differance in structure but the result same.. execute module error.Yes the original exe is left in the same directory. :-)

FYI, downloaded 2.8.5, downloaded patch. Running FSMGR.exe, works like a charm. English (UK) XP.

Hi everything works now i had to create a new path i did that before but something went wrong .New path C:Program FilesRanaInsideFlightSimManager instead ofC:Program RanaInsideFlightSimManager:-)Lennart

Same active files included plus some non-relative extras. Byte counts were the same as was the readme. It looks like it was downloaded from elsewhere and then uploaded.

Interesting; you seem to be the second person reporting trouble with a non-english OS - the other would be using a Spanish system. Since I know nothing of the internals of FS manager, I can only make guesses about what might be happening, but the first thing that occurs to me might be the date and time formats and the decimal separator... DJ

I changed the location from C:Archivos de programa... to c:Program files... and now it works perfectly. Windows XP SP2 in Spanish (Colombia).Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel