Sign in to follow this  
Forever777

IMAGINESIM KATL RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I would definitely vote for PANC if that was an option. >Anchorage has been ignored forever in FS.>>KyleI could not agree more.....I have said PANC so many times I had kind of given up :( .....but I won't give up! :-badteethPANC for FS9! :-zhelp

Guest Reed203

If I had a nickel for every PANC request I have seen on numerous FS forums, I would be rich. Some developer could make some serious money if they went ahead and created this neglected airport. I would also love to see a KHPN as well. GA airports seem to be neglected and KHPN is an important GA and commercial airport for the NY area. Combined with Aerosoft Manhattan, Simflyers KLGA/KEWR, FSDT KJFK, and a good KHPN, the NY area would be perfect!

Guest M1DG Jaxan

>Simflyers KLAS is fantastic. KIAH could use a redo.Well poo on you! j/k

I would love to see a great regional airport done by a good developer. The market is too small probably. All we get are small "bush" airports, and a few nice smaller airports around the Flight Scenery stuff. Not everyone is flying the heavy iron all the time :) With my last fs2004 re-install, I haven't installed any commercial airliners.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I also hope PHNL is done by one of the payware boys, it is a very important airport.I think after KPHL is done the regional airports will be all that will be left to do anyway. Which is a good commentary on the state of scenery design for FS2004. Almost all the major airports are done. We will have to shut shop and go and fly...Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Almost all the major>airports are done. We will have to shut shop and go and>fly...>>Shez:-eek There is a big world outside of America. :)

Oh yaahhhh :( (-: Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I have four letters for you, Shez....K-P-D-K....K-P-D-K....K-P-D-K....K-P-D-K....K-P-D-K....K-P-D-K....They will haunt you... they will invade your dreams... you will have no choice but to succumb to them!!:-zhelp Heheheh...Just trying to be subtle:-wink2

I need some help regarding ImageSim KATL and hope one of you can lead me in the right direction for further info. All the the horizontal lines (bldgs, fences, etc.) are "wavy" from any distance at all - the seem to oscillate. My guess is that it's in the advanced setup of my nVidia graphics card. Any thought on where to get help - the nVidia guys don't seem to know much about FS9 - absolutely nothing about it in fact. Thanks.

ChuckYou might get better results in the hardware forum. Stair stepping (wavy) is a current problem with some of the highend nVidia cards. It is not just 3rd party scenery put all of FS9 and FSX. My FS9 is perfect on several of my computers with lower end ATI cards but both FS9 and FSX has the stair stepping effect with my very highend computer which uses dual SLI 8800GTX nVidia cards. The Enhancer Utility reworks the Nvidia cards somewhat but stair stepping is still there even with the highest quality set as the default.

Thanks Jim. I'll try over on the hardware forum to see if I can get some answers but it sounds as if this is a common problem. I wonder if ATI makes a 256 AGP card? Chuck

Jim, thank you for releasing your KATL package. I've only been monitoring traffic for a couple of minutes now, but I've already seen arrivals on four different runways. Truly amazing!Can't help but notice a couple of things though. A FedEx aircraft was parked at one of the E gates. Others at O1-O3. And not at the FedEx coded cargo ramp. This seems to be a parking spot size issue. The biggest FedEx spot is 38.10m, following the PAI recommended radius spec, that's not big enough for the MD11 nor DC10 (both 39m). And I have several of both flying to and from KATL. I have several other cargo aircraft (B744F's) with little place to go. The cargo apron south of 9R/27L is a mix of gate small and small cargo spots. Definitely no 43m (or 50 if you will).I'm also wondering about some of the 'severed' links. For example, T gates and the west side of A. No links to the southern runways. Won't (departing and arriving) traffic go all the way round? Same for C east and D west. Disconnected about halfway. Say an AirTran flight arrives on 8R and gets assigned C21...I did see the note in your readme about intentionality though, but I'm curious anyway. ;-)

Mike...

Jim,Does the KATL_app_jv.bgl file go into, Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlightSimulator2004SceneryGenericScenery folder if you are using ImagineScenery as well? Your readme says default scenery only installation. I did not see a Imaginesim Scenery install procedure. Thanks.

Eric