Sign in to follow this  
Chock

This'll make you laugh

I read about this in Aviation News the other day and it really made me laugh, so I thought it was worth relating:An Iranian defence radar picked up an unidentified aircraft which the controller thought was in Iranian airspace and so they called it up on 121.5Mhz, and this is the conversation which ensued...Iranian defence radar controller: 'Unknown aircraft at (location), you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'Iranian defence radar controller: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace, we will launch interceptor aircraft!'Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps F/A-18 fighter. Send em up, I'll wait!'Iranian defence radar controller: (total silence)Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Good one.JimCYWG

Guest BravoEchoAlphaRomeo

LMAO! :( That made my day.

Guest RudeAwakening

Rather tasteless really. Shows exactly what law rules the US. The law of the biggest gun. Anyhow. It will probably been made up anyway so prolly no harm done. :)

Rather tasteless really. Shows exactly what law rules the US. The law of the biggest gun. Anyhow. It will probably been made up anyway so prolly no harm done. :)
You're the life of every party, aren't you...?

Just to balance things up, a friend of mine who was in the military told me this one which I believe is also true...A US aircraft Carrier Battle Group picked up a signal on the radar and called it up on the radio, demanding that the tiny blip got out of the way because there was a big Carrier Group heading its way.They got a reply from the blip, with the guy saying that he would not give way, and that it was up to them to steer around him.Somewhat nonplussed, the Carrier Battle Group guy reiterated that 'they had better get out of the way, because an aircraft carrier and several attendant warships and support vessels were bearing down on him at 30 knots'.'That may be so, but I'm not moving', came the reply, 'and you can tell that to your Captain too', he added.So the radio guy on the Carrier sheepishly calls for the Captain to come to the Bridge (this at a time when he apparently did not want to be disturbed). 'What's the meaning of this sailor?' yells the Captain, 'I left specific instructions I was not to be disturbed'.The chastised sailor then points to the radar plot and says that the blip is in radio contact and refuses to give way to the Carrier Group.'We'll see about that', fumes the Captain and he grabs the radio mike. 'I don't know what the hell you think you are playing at Mister, but we are a United States Nuclear Carrier Battle Group, and we are coming your way, so you'd better move, and you'd better identify yourself too', demands the Captain.'Well', comes the reply, 'we are a lighthouse, so it's your choice'.Al

Alan Bradbury

RudeAwakening lives in Iran? :(Sorry, the one about the carrier... urban myth.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

heh, made me laugh.. :(

RudeAwakening lives in Iran? :( Sorry, the one about the carrier... urban myth.
The original one's probably an urban myth too!

"It probably started out...""...back when there was a lighthouse in Alexandria, Egypt." :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, you're probably right with that about Alexandria. Still, if they gave people a laugh, it's no bad thing, there's little enough to laugh at these days.Al

Alan Bradbury

Great stuff :(

Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps F/A-18 fighter. Send em up, I'll wait!'
This would make a perfect Chuck Norris line before a roundhouse kick, in this case a roundhouse AMRAAM :(