Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mendota

Monogamous or Polygamous

Guest Mendota

Another thread wonders how many add-ons one can reasonably accommodate.I am curious if there are people out there who are faithful to one airplane for long periods of time. Something complicated maybe, that they they really become an expert in and fly to the exclusion of pretty much every other airplane. What kind of airplane inspires that sort of devotion? How do you keep it interesting?On the other hand, how many have a large stable of half a dozen or more airplanes that they fly regularly?Or are there people who will fly more than one kind of a particular manufacturer, but won't touch anything else, e.g. Airbus or Boeing? Or who are 100% loyal to a single payware company.I must admit to being very promiscuous when it comes to airplanes. I swear I'll devote myself to one bird for awhile (or at most a couple or three), but then I see something like screenshots for a shiny new ERJ-145 like herehttp://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2400and my credit card starts to tingle.

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

All I fly is the Boeing 727. I think I finally have more hours in the 727 simulator than I do the real world 172RG.

Typically it's mostly free-ware for me. Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's An-26 and C-123 75% of the time. The rest, stock MS CRJ and C172. I have a MiL medium size transport addiction.

I have a large stable of planes to handle the most common situations I put myself in, but within those situations, I usually stick to one airplane.For example, the three main situations I fly are short-haul passenger routes, VFR sightseeing, and aerobatics. For those situations, I fly almost exclusively the Wilco E-jets, Carenado's 182, and RealAir's SF.260, respectively.

Guest santiagoluib3

My type of sim flying are those short regional routes, usually VFR and in rural regions."Imaginary" small cargo tasks, or ferrying small group of people around the region :( With this it's either the Piper Cheyene or the Twotter I spend most time with. When I'm not on the "job", I do short stunts/aerobatics with the warbirds on my favourite airfields.

LDS767, but I will eventually cheat her with the upcoming Airsimmer 320 thing.Flight1 ATR she wants me so bad, too :)

Guest jshyluk

As an AVSIM Reviewer, I would say that I am paid to be polygamous! That is, I would say that if AVSIM Reviewers got paid, which we do not. I like being fickle, so the AVSIM lifestyle really suits me. The tried-and-true aircraft that I will come back to time and time again is the default Piper Cub, although the Cub knows that when I fly it, it's not gonna be for ever.There's even a new payware Cub out, but $#@&%!, I mean my esteemed colleague Bert Pieke gets to write the review for it instead of me. @$#&@$!, I mean, I am sure he will really enjoy reviewing that Cub, and sincerely I am looking forward to reading that review!Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest Thaellar

I try to stay with one aircraft, but I get sucked in by all the glossy screenshots and reviews. But there are certain planes I always return to when the wanderlust wears off and they are usually Flight 1 offerings, especially the Cessna Conquest II and the Citation Mustang. I have a lot of other addons that I only fly occasionally, It was the same with FS9, my mainstays there being F1 Cessna 441, DF 737 and CS 727 with an additional hanger full of fluff. Thaellar

I almost always fly the B738 with the Friendly Panel. If I change things up I will most likely then fly the LearJet with Friendly Panel, then CRJ-700, and then the Posky B772. On occasion, when I want to fly a real long haul, I will fly the B744.But mostly I fly the 737, I love that plane.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

As an AVSIM Reviewer, I would say that I am paid to be polygamous! That is, I would say that if AVSIM Reviewers got paid, which we do not. I like being fickle, so the AVSIM lifestyle really suits me. The tried-and-true aircraft that I will come back to time and time again is the default Piper Cub, although the Cub knows that when I fly it, it's not gonna be for ever.There's even a new payware Cub out, but $#@&%!, I mean my esteemed colleague Bert Pieke gets to write the review for it instead of me. @$#&@$!, I mean, I am sure he will really enjoy reviewing that Cub, and sincerely I am looking forward to reading that review!Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM
Sorry Jeff... the review has been written and should be out any day... Nice plane BTW :(

Bert

I am like a mafia boss. I have my big wife who is my Queen who I stay faithful to most of the time. I do however have mistresses, yet I am faithful to even them. I would say I spend the majority of time flying the PMDG 747 then I divide my time between the LVLD 767 and the Captainsim 757. I do hear however that a very young woman is coming to town at some point. This girl will be for my short hauls (NG 2.0). :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg