Sign in to follow this  
golli

The VC of the upcoming 737NG 2.0 + video

Gents-HUD: Yes.Selectable eyebrow windows: Yes.FSX Only: No.2D Panels: Yes.Expected release date: not a chance..... :(
Robert,I would enthusiastically request that you make this response a sticky so that it will, hopefully, eliminate the whining and complaints about 2D panels and FSX/FS9 compatibility. :( - Alex

Gents-HUD: Yes.Selectable eyebrow windows: Yes.FSX Only: No.2D Panels: Yes.Expected release date: not a chance..... :(
Ohhh! ...Thx a lot Robert. :( / Leffe (FS9-user)

Hooray!! :(

Guest sunbear

That's great news. I wish to re-emphasize what I have mentioned a while back and that was the need to reduce the size of the wiper-blades. They do have a tendency to get in the visual way when making a visual approach. Regards,jack

Eyebrow windows?- Philip
That's what they call the 4 (2 left, 2 right) small windows that are located above the main cockpit windows.Regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Eyebrow windows?- Philip
They are the windows above the pilots in the cockpit (i.e in the eyebrow position if you imagine the cockpit as a face). They are a legacy of the fact that the B737 cockpit is based on the old Boeing 707 cockpit. They've been deleted from all new civilian models (i.e airliner versions) of the 737 by default, although you can still have them as an option, and there are retrofit fairings available from Boeing which cover them over, for use on models which originally had them. For most practical modern applications, they are unecessary on the civilian 737. They actually increase fuel consumption slightly and cockpit noise too (if you look on the front of a 737, you'll see a couple of tiny vortex generators under the main windshield which are to alter the airflow over the windows to reduce cockpit noise, which windows tend to create), as well as offering another way for strong sunlight to dazzle the pilots.The military versions still need them because they aid positioning when the aircaft is closing up on an aerial refuelling tanker, so you will see them on stuff such as the US Navy's P-8A Poseidon version of the 800NG and on other military conversions of the NG.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Terrain radar????Pogo Stick????Rope Ladder????As for expected date.... (Well DEFO not this year lol)I think I can add to that list - Weather Radar: NO :( And defo put me down for the Combo.John Ellison

FSX Only: No.
That are great news Captain!Best, :(

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

That HUD sure...looks...odd... :(
?? :( :(

Robert, are you familiar at all with the "Wedgetail" project being undertaken by the Royal Australian Air Force? It's been talked about in the media quite a bit and there are numerous pictures of this Boeing 737-based military aircraft (similar concept to the AWACS 707's) on the airliners.net website. Is there going to be a Wedgetail variant in the NGX package? If there is, it would be fantastic!